Does this team actually have the guts to move on from Tre White?

Jim

It's right there in the title. The man we basically got in return for Patrick Mahomes has basically been nowhere for this team since 2021. He's due to make a ton of money in 2024 and judging by his "comeback" in 2022, it seems absolutely insane that they are gonna pay him all that money next season to fearfully rehab through November and then play like a 5th rate CB when he comes back.

We also have two starting CB. Benford and Douglas.

Cut Tre White's ass as soon as we can. Either that or he needs to accept a shitload less money, cuz otherwise we will just be showing that this team is not serious about winning a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

There is a decent way to explain why the team would choose to move on from Tre White. A player that has been nothing short of the consummate professional and an outstanding representative of the team. 

And then there is the disrespectful, lazy way that you presented it. 

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 15

He may not receive a high salary on the free market, so he might accept a pay cut to stay with Buffalo and remain in the familiar system while he continues to recover.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

What does "guts" have to do with it?

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by The Office

The fact that we keep guys like Damar Hamlin around cuz he's a "nice story", pay jerkoffs like Dawson Knox tons and to go into a critical season with Gabe Davis as our number two receiver despite ample proof that he ain't that guy shows that a lot of this team is governed by keep "good feelings" and that they don't wanna mess with a guy with a "nice story." Tre's been such a wonderful guy and a great teammate that he needs to be kept around despite showing for two and a half years that he won't be a difference maker when it's crunch time. Either due to literally being unavailable due to injury or just straight up getting smoked by Cincinnati's receivers.

Edited by Jim
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 10
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

It's right there in the title. The man we basically got in return for Patrick Mahomes has basically been nowhere for this team since 2021. He's due to make a ton of money in 2024 and judging by his "comeback" in 2022, it seems absolutely insane that they are gonna pay him all that money next season to fearfully rehab through November and then play like a 5th rate CB when he comes back.

Cut Tre White's ass as soon as we can. Either that or he needs to accept a shitload less money, cuz otherwise we will just be showing that this team is not serious about winning a Super Bowl.

You should take a break.  Sounds like you’re drunk sitting in your recliner all angry and bitter at the world looking for something to complain about

• Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

There is a decent way to explain why the team would choose to move on from Tre White. A player that has been nothing short of the consummate professional and an outstanding representative of the team. 

And then there is the disrespectful, lazy way that you presented it. 

Here's the thing. I'm not Brandon Beane, Sean McDipshit or Terry Pegula. They can let him down easy when they cut his ass an wish him well. I'm a fan who wants to win. It seems like Tre is a wonderful young man. But guess what? He hasn't do ***** to help us win in a long time. So guess what? So long *****. See ya when you're back to "lead the charge!"

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

The fact that we keep guys like Damar Hamlin around cuz he's a "nice story", pay jerkoffs like Dawson Knox tons and to go into a critical seasonsith Gabe Davis as our number two receiver despite ample proof that he ain't that guy shows that a lot of this team is governed by keep "good feelings" and that they don't wanna mess with a guy with a "nice story." Tre's been such a wonderful guy and a great teammate that he needs to be kept around despite showing for two and a half years that he won't be a difference maker when it's crunch time. Either due to literally being unavailable due to injury or just straight up getting smoked by Cincinnati's receivers.

The Bills renegotiate with and release players every year. It's not a problem.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You should take a break.  Sounds like you’re drunk sitting in your recliner all angry and bitter at the world looking for something to complain about

I'm a bitter Bills fan. The world does have a lot of problems, but those are too big. Complaining about how my favorite team is run is easier.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Here's the thing. I'm not Brandon Beane, Sean McDipshit or Terry Pegula. They can let him down easy when they cut his ass an wish him well. I'm a fan who wants to win. It seems like Tre is a wonderful young man. But guess what? He hasn't do ***** to help us win in a long time. So guess what? So long *****. See ya when you're back to "lead the charge!"

Lmao sounds like there’s a reason you’re not the boss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Lmao sounds like there’s a reason you’re not the boss

Indeed there is. If my dad was Buddy Ryan or Mike Shanahan or Andy Reid or Bill Belichick I'd probably have at least an assistant coaching job. Seems that's all you need to get an assistant job in the NFL. So that'd be a start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Jim said:

I'm a bitter Bills fan. The world does have a lot of problems, but those are too big. Complaining about how my favorite team is run is easier.

There's no such thing a bitter fan. Just bitter people wearing team gear.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The more I read about this "anchoring" technique to heal a torn achilles... no.

Tre might actually be participating fully in the minicamp in a couple months.

I think we restructure his deal, which would be smart, but if we get a fully healthy Tre White by minicamp, maybe McDermott and Babbich can transition Benford or Douglas to Safety. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Here's the thing. I'm not Brandon Beane, Sean McDipshit or Terry Pegula. They can let him down easy when they cut his ass a wish him well. I'm a fan who wants to win. It seems like Tre is a wonderful young man. But guess what? He hasn't do ***** to help us win in a long time. So guess what? So long *****. See ya when you're back to "lead the charge!"

Wow, didn’t think you would double down after that first obnoxious post. Interesting strategy. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

Wouldn't it be a better idea to see where he's at before cutting him? He was an vital piece of our defense pretty much since he's been drafted and has been nothing short of a great leader back there, I think he deserves better than "let's cut his ass now". The hot takes are running wild on here!!!

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Wow, didn’t think you would double down after that first obnoxious post. Interesting strategy. 

Seriously who gives a *****? Tre White surely don't. He's been paid handsomely to play football. And unfortunately he isn't able to play football when we need him most. Therefore, there's the door Tre. Let's use the money they'd otherwise pay him to find somebody who will be helpful next January. I don't see what him being "an outstanding representative of the team" brings to a team when opposing offenses are gaining almost 10 yards a play on them in the playoffs.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Seriously who gives a *****? Tre White surely don't. He's been paid handsomely to play football. And unfortunately he isn't able to play football when we need him most. Therefore, there's the door Tre. Let's use the money they'd otherwise pay him to find somebody who will be helpful next January. I don't see what him being "an outstanding representative of the team" brings to a team when opposing offenses are gaining almost 10 yards a play on them in the playoffs.

Tre White gives a ton of *****. Money aside, he's one of the guys that truly loves football and desires to be great.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.