Woody Johnson delivers ultimatum to Jets leadership, praises Rodgers

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

For Wilson’s sake, I love the idea of him becoming the backup for the Giants...

Well, why not both?  NYC presents that opportunity that Wilson could act as third string backup for either the Giants or Jets.  Sort of a temp agency QB. 🤔

🤨

🙄

At least in the old days, I knew my Hess toy truck money was backdoor funding the Jets.  Now it's my Imodium purchases. 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well, why not both?  NYC presents that opportunity that Wilson could act as third string backup for either the Giants or Jets.  Sort of a temp agency QB. 🤔

🤨

🙄

At least in the old days, I knew my Hess toy truck money was backdoor funding the Jets.  Now it's my Imodium purchases. 😁

Eat more fiber.  A little Metamucil goes a long way.  😩

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Nitromethane. why half arse it. Get full on 
 Woody is a real treat.

I actually feel bad for Wilson. it was bad from the get go as he was going to be the scapegoat instead of Saleh (he couldn't develop him ) after the rodgers event game One

He was epically mismanaged, battered behind a bad O line, replaced by an aging Rodgers and then hung out to dry for the disappointment of a season

• Agree 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:03 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, I know this will be unpopular but I would consider having him here as QB3 and see if the improvement in coaching and talent around him can help rebuild him. And I think being in the room with Josh would give him a different approach. Maybe turns into a good backup.

I’d take him as QB2 given the potential for the kid to resurrect his career ala Trubisky (well it did earn him a shot with the Squealers that he blew) and the absolute zero we have currently at QB2. 

17 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I mean.... Breece Hall was pretty special.

Fixed it. 

49 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I’d take him as QB2 given the potential for the kid to resurrect his career ala Trubisky (well it did earn him a shot with the Squealers that he blew) and the absolute zero we have currently at QB2. 

Fixed it. 

Not for nothing, but Breece did have almost 1,600 yards from scrimmage and 9TDs while playing behind a terrible OL. Coming off the injury bhe did I'd say that was pretty special (and IMO should have gathered more Comeback Player of the Year attention than Joe Flacco).

I like that they are doubling down on Rodgers opinions on how to build a franchise.

They might get a year or two of competitive football from him, but ultimately Aaron likes to surround himself with weak, yes-men so that he can be the focal point and savior of anything and everything. Look at this year. He played 3 downs and Aaron Rodgers has still been the main talking point for everything JETS football. That is the way he likes it. 

Ultimately the Jets bending over for Rodgers will lead to setting their franchise back a number of years. 

On 2/9/2024 at 11:20 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

Jets will be Jets

And that's not going to change with Woody Johnson as their owner.   When an NFL team is a perpetual bottom feeder, the problem is with the very top leadership IMO, and Johnson's proven that for more than two decades.    Johnson's handling of the Rodgers situation is a prime example of the owner's stupidity.

Look at the Bills and Lions.  These two franchises were synonymous for bottom feeders for most of the first quarter of the 21st century.  It wasn't until the Pegulas purchased the Bills that the team started to turn things around.   Sheila Ford Hamp, Martha Firestone Ford's daughter, took control of the Lions in June, 2020, and suddenly the Lions blossomed as a league powerhouse.   It's not that the Bills and Lions didn't have some great talent -- on the field and on the sidelines -- over the years that they were bottom feeders but they never ever seemed to get their team acts' together well enough to win consistently.  

On the other side of the coin, you have owners like the Rooneys and the Hunts whose Steelers and Chiefs seldom fail to be decent, even when their talent is significantly compromised.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.