Det @ SF Game Thread (Please keep the Bills stuff out of this thread)

Simon

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

side note...

is journey the last great band to come out of SF?  I can't think of a great one from their in the last 25 years.

No.

But only because Journey is not a great band :devil:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

well the qb's are much weaker for sure.

this game looks really bad for shanahan and lynch.  Today has been a big confirmation day for Lamar Jackson in Baltimore and now these two here in SF. 

they have been able to keep their roster the way it is because purdy makes no money and trey lance is counting a little still.  

completely missing on lance and dumping him and now losing at home in the playoffs with the guy they went with is just a bad look.

the cousins to sf will be the talk of the nfl by the time we get to the combine.

I agree, it’s just a lot more difficult to find a QB than some think. There aren’t many legitimate QB’s in the NFL. The big mistake was definitely the Lance draft pick, followed by giving him away for peanuts. I’m not sure you can easily fix the QB position. They built a good roster, but are just playing awful tonight. They’re being out coached and outplayed. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

No.

But only because Journey is not a great band :devil:

off the top of my head I can't think of a band from SF in the 90's.....The melvins moved their and the 4 non blondes were a sf band but not great...

Can't think of any from the indy movement in the 00's either or currently.

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

off the top of my head I can't think of a band from SF in the 90's.....The melvins moved their and the 4 non blondes were a sf band but not great...

Can't think of any from the indy movement in the 00's either or currently.

It's a really good question.

All I can come up with this is the Dead Kennedys and that's probably 40 yeas ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I'm guessing that's Metallica?

I'd have gone with the Dead Kennedys. :D

its faith no more....they had a few good albums.

Ahh yes the punk output is good from SF.  That is the early 80's though so over 40 years.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

side note...

is journey the last great band to come out of SF?  I can't think of a great one from their in the last 25 years.

Great is a relative term but Metallica and Faith no More off of the top of my head.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

side note...

I can’t think of any great bands from anywhere over the past 25 years 😆 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.