2024 WR Draft Class

When are we going to realize the Bills have NOTHING at WR1 or WR2? Shakir is a nice WR3 right now, with potential to be a nicer WE3. Samuel isn’t to be relied upon when evaluating the roster for a draft.

The Bills NEED one of the top three guys more than the risk of the sixth or worse ranked WR in this draft. God only knows how long this staff will take to bring along a late first round WR.. 

Higgins and Aiyuk are not top ten WR1s. So where is our Hill, Chase, Jefferson coming from..? Probably the top half of a round 1. May as well go get a sure thing NOW. 

I’m seeing Odunze #1, Nabers #2, and MHJ #3. I’d call that value if Nabers or Odunze are there after MHJ is taken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Stroud gets our WR,  we get his😎

seems fair

I’ve watched a few interviews with MHJ and he seems humble and hard working.  He also describes himself as more of a homebody and focused on football.

would be a nice change…

Plus with his dad helping guide him, really good chance he’s All-Pro level in a hurry IMO

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Alright so this report of Arizona wanting 3 1st rounders to move out…I’d do 28, next year’s 1 and next year’s 2…I feel like that get’s you pretty close. It’s 2 firsts and a second…I still think Arizona stays, but I would do it. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Alright so this report of Arizona wanting 3 1st rounders to move out…I’d do 28, next year’s 1 and next year’s 2…I feel like that get’s you pretty close. It’s 2 firsts and a second…I still think Arizona stays, but I would do it. 

I think they prefer 3 ones from the Vikings 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bills are moving up, the question is how far.

AD Mitchell vs Brian Thomas. Mitchell is your alpha. End of comparison. If the Bills trade up to the teens or early 20’s, it’s for Mitchell.

His big catches in the playoffs probably gives Beane a woody. Mitchell and Roman Wilson are big moment players and will be Bills. This is the way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills are moving up, the question is how far.

AD Mitchell vs Brian Thomas. Mitchell is your alpha. End of comparison. If the Bills trade up to the teens or early 20’s, it’s for Mitchell.

His big catches in the playoffs probably gives Beane a woody. Mitchell and Roman Wilson are big moment players and will be Bills. This is the way.

If we draft two receivers and there are Mitchell and Wilson I'll be very meh.....

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think they prefer 3 ones from the Vikings 

I think they end up doing something like the two #1s from this year and a future 4th or something. But then the Cardinals come back up into the top 9 for a receiver. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’ll love them on the field making plays for Josh.

If they do, of course I will. But there are a lot of prospects I'd rather have from this class. 

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting you say that because Legette is the Metcalf comp for me in this draft. Size and speed and ability to go up and get the ball. Not a fluid route runner, but so much a physical stud that it doesn't matter.

BTJ is a tough comp. Best I can come up with is a bigger Will Fuller.

Tee Higgins? 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If we draft two receivers and there are Mitchell and Wilson I'll be very meh.....

Why do people keep telling me Roman Wilson is good? What am I missing?

Also, AD Mitchell gives me George Pickens vibes. The ability is there when he wants it to be. He doesn’t feel like the type of person that the Bills want as the alpha in the WR room.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do people keep telling me Roman Wilson is good? What am I missing?

Also, AD Mitchell gives me George Pickens vibes. The ability is there when he wants it to be. He doesn’t feel like the type of person that the Bills want as the alpha in the WR room.

In AD you’re drafting the potential. He’s far from a finished product. Our WR coach has a history of coaching WRs like this.

Then either at 60 or trading into the 3rd you get a gritty leader type WR with speed, hands, blocking, toughness, and competitiveness. It’s a good combination, he’ll push AD Mitchell to be great. Roman fits Buffalo. I think the Bills will have him high on their board.

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting you say that because Legette is the Metcalf comp for me in this draft. Size and speed and ability to go up and get the ball. Not a fluid route runner, but so much a physical stud that it doesn't matter.

BTJ is a tough comp. Best I can come up with is a bigger Will Fuller.

I’ve said it a few times in this thread, but the main thing that made DK such a great prospect IMO was his ability to beat press coverage and then accelerate immediately. Legette doesn’t have either of those qualities IMO whereas it’s Thomas’ calling card. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I’ve said it a few times in this thread, but the main thing that made DK such a great prospect IMO was his ability to beat press coverage and then accelerate immediately. Legette doesn’t have either of those qualities IMO whereas it’s Thomas’ calling card. 

Fans fall in love with highlight videos every year.

Thomas has a rare ability to separate deep. Some players have it, many don’t. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

In AD you’re drafting the potential. He’s far from a finished product. Our WR coach has a history of coaching WRs like this.

Then either at 60 or trading into the 3rd you get a gritty leader type WR with speed, hands, blocking, toughness, and competitiveness. It’s a good combination, he’ll push AD Mitchell to be great. Roman fits Buffalo. I think the Bills will have him high on their board.

With the exception of Coleman those are my least favorite “options” at 28 and 60. The Bills need to account for almost 200 targets between the two guys that they add. A poor route runner and a guy that takes plays off don’t scream volume.

Wilson has speed but is a poor route runner. Some people like him but I don’t think that he’s quick enough for a guy that size. He’s competitive and has some speed but a lot of guys do in this class. He hasn’t really produced at a high level either. He’d been fine. I’d be okay with him in the 4th but would much rather have someone like Pearsall at the same pick. 

Mitchell is inconsistent. He has the ability of an elite number 1. He has the production of a talented guy that takes plays off. He’s good when he wants to be. If you’re going to be the alpha in the WR room you better set the tone. Diggs and Gabe were two of the hardest workers on the team. Mitchell isn’t that guy (although Wilson is). 

I will support wherever the board ends up and hope that I’m wrong if it is Coleman, Wilson, and/or Mitchell. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With the exception of Coleman those are my least favorite “options” at 28 and 60. The Bills need to account for almost 200 targets between the two guys that they add. A poor route runner and a guy that takes plays off don’t scream volume.

Wilson has speed but is a poor route runner. Some people like him but I don’t think that he’s quick enough for a guy that size. He’s competitive and has some speed but a lot of guys do in this class. He hasn’t really produced at a high level either. He’s been fine. I’d be okay with him in the 4th but would much rather have someone like Pearsall at the same pick. 

Mitchell is inconsistent. He has the ability of an elite number 1. He has the production of a talented guy that takes plays off. He’s good when he wants to be. If you’re going to be the alpha in the WR room you better set the tone. Diggs and Gabe were two of the hardest workers on the team. Mitchell isn’t that guy (although Wilson is). 

I will support wherever the board ends up and hope that I’m wrong if it is Coleman, Wilson, and/or Mitchell. 

@Buffalo_Stampede - I don't have a lot to add to what Kirby says above. Wilson can't run routes and AD's tape just doesn't match his testing. Inconsistent effort but also just not sure I see any special in him. On film I have his ceiling as a solid #2 WR. A slightly better version of Gabe. The testing might suggest there is more potential there but I dunno.... he'd leave me a tad cold.