56 million watched Chiefs @ Bills - Most watched divisional game ever

Einstein

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There were mistakes for sure.   But deep balls and fake punts on 4th and 5 aren't plays where there is a high probability of success.   The Bass kick was a relative chip shot.   People comparing it to Norwood's kick miss the point that Norwood hadn't made a kick that far on grass in a very long time.   We are accustomed to 50+ yard kicks being fairly routine nowadays.  Back then a 47 yarder was a long kick.  It was just clearly out of his range so he over kicked it and just missed.   Bass just shanked his misses in these playoffs.   He has the yips.

Two of those deep balls were placed directly on the hands of the WR's.  Most NFL receivers make those catches.  If those balls are caught you could add 10 points (minimum) to the score board.

The Bills offense and Joe Brady worked real hard to set up those deep shots off play action.  The continued under performance by the Bills WR group is kneecapping Allen and the offenses ability to hit the big play.

• Agree 1

that's like 5x the ratings of the nba finals last year.

the nfl as much as we and for sure me like to complain is giving a product the public wants.

the nba is going back to its own roots of being a sort of regional fringe league, altho the players are still eating off of mikey jordan and get insane endorsements.

i stopped caring about basketball a while back, but i've seen so many reels and vids of insane non called travels it's laughable.

i don't like how some of the calls went on sunday, but at least they aren't calling bounce passes as complete.

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Gonna be alot of prime time games again next season, which are tough, but I'll take that over 17 years of no playoffs and being irrelevant 

Looking at the schedule.

Home - Jags, Titans, Cards, 49ers, Chiefs, and the division.

Road - Texans, Colts, Rams, Seahawks, Ravens, Lions, and the division.

I would say from the home schedule the Chiefs, 49ers, and one of the Dolphins games are the best bets for a primetime game. Maybe the Jets because of Rodgers.

On the road I would say Texans, Ravens, and one of the Dolphins games. Same with the Jets because of Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Two of those deep balls were placed directly on the hands of the WR's.  Most NFL receivers make those catches.  If those balls are caught you could add 10 points (minimum) to the score board.

The Bills offense and Joe Brady worked real hard to set up those deep shots off play action.  The continued under performance by the Bills WR group is kneecapping Allen and the offenses ability to hit the big play.

You will get no disagreement from me on your second point.    I've been lamenting the declining state of the Bills WR corps since 2021 when there was still some debate to be had about it.    Back when delusional fans/observers thought they had a stud in Gabe Davis. :doh:

But Trent Sherfield isn't going to catch those balls.   He's a scrub.   Diggs drop was bad but Diggs and Allen haven't been connecting on those throws all season.  But that drive continued anyway.  The Bills offense advanced the ball further than the point where he'd have caught the ball and would have been down.   It wasn't a TD pass.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

natural grass fields are not what you think they are, but greenbay has one of the examples.

The natural grass fields are heated with vent pipes beneath the soil and massive furnace/heat pump circulates hot air through the soil to try and keep the root zone temps up this time of year.  believe it or not grass doesn't stop growing when it's cold but the colder it gets obviously the slower it consumes nutrients.  they also will tarp the field and blow hot air into the domed/tarped grass to energize the photosynthesizing blades of grass.  beyond that, the natural grass fields are stitched with a dessograss master or sis-grass synthetic turf fibers, I just visited Patriots lower practice field and met with the super there with a team of us because we're proposing it for a school field.

baltimore was a pioneer in some the grass field technology or early adopter i guess you could say many years ago but right now, greenbay is the closest example to what buffalo should be looking for.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It almost lived up to that kind of hype.   Bass killed a well executed game by both teams with an amateur hour kick.

Allen trying to throw that dagger on 2nd and 9 was almost like an attempt to maximize the drama of the game by giving the Chiefs the ball back to play 4 down football with a minute plus and two timeouts.

Thanks to Bass' ugly, wide right miss, we were spared the definite possibility of Mahomes breaking our hearts again with a surgical drive culminating in either a game winning kick from Butker or a TD catch by Kelce.  Don't kid yourself if you didn't think that was possible; look at how well they moved the ball after the miss.  Unless we get a TD on our last possession with little to no time remaining for the Chiefs, that's probably what would've happened, making this loss even worse than it currently is.  Sean McDermott has to go.  He is the Marvin Lewis of Marty Schottenheimers.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Thanks to Bass' ugly, wide right miss, we were spared the definite possibility of Mahomes breaking our hearts again with a surgical drive culminating in either a game winning kick from Butker or a TD catch by Kelce.  Don't kid yourself if you didn't think that was possible; look at how well they moved the ball after the miss.  Unless we get a TD on our last possession with little to no time remaining for the Chiefs, that's probably what would've happened, making this loss even worse than it currently is.  Sean McDermott has to go.  He is the Marvin Lewis of Marty Schottenheimers.

Yeah I have zero confidence that the defense would have stopped Mahomes from scoring playing 4 down football for 1 minute plus with 2 timeouts.

Conversely,  I didn't think the Chiefs would deny Allen with over a minute and a timeout left in the regular season game if Kelce's lateral had counted.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

People comparing it to Norwood's kick miss the point that Norwood hadn't made a kick that far on grass in a very long time.

This has always been a pet peave of mine, people love to say "wide right!!!!!!".   That game was not lost because of Norwood, it should have been a blowout, the Bills were simply out coached and out played minus Thurman Thomas.    A guy with Norwood's leg could never get a tryout with an NFL team today.  That kick for Norwood is equivalent to a 60 yarder for Tucker.  If Tucker missed a 60 yarder to lose a SB I think people would say "well it was a 60 yarder".   Norwood had a noodle leg who was accurate within 40 yards but people dont know/care to know that.

• Agree 1

Well, there is no doubt that the Josh Allen vs. Patrick Mahomes games are must see TV for anyone remotely interested in sports. I do not see another sports rivalry close to it in drama and entertainment.

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Allen brings viewers.   

It's more than that; we have had some phenomenal games, particularly with KC, in the last few years.

We always seem to be on the losing end, but the neutral fan doesn't care about that; they just want a close, exciting game.

To a football fan living in a neutral area, Bills vs. KC has "must see exciting close game" written all over it.

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

And yet the Bills embarrassed themselves in front of the nation yet again.

And the people who threatened Bass should be ashamed of themselves and should hand in their Bills fan card.

Embarrassed? Not sure I would say that. They didn't lose 40-0.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

0 for against KC in the postseason is pretty embarrassing, with finding a new way to lose every time.

2 games down to the wire back and forth that could have gone either way. Obviously 13 seconds never should have happened, but we can't rewrite history.

Not happy about it but it's not embarrassing either. Get a grip and step back from the ledge.

The first Dallas Superbowl...THAT was embarrassing.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Low Positive said:

That was a great game. I didn't like the outcome, but it was a great game. 

It was a great first half. Second half there was too many long ball throws rather then offense trying to take more time off clock and give their defense time to rest and prepare with many players out.

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

Looking at the schedule.

Home - Jags, Titans, Cards, 49ers, Chiefs, and the division.

Road - Texans, Colts, Rams, Seahawks, Ravens, Lions, and the division.

I would say from the home schedule the Chiefs, 49ers, and one of the Dolphins games are the best bets for a primetime game. Maybe the Jets because of Rodgers.

On the road I would say Texans, Ravens, and one of the Dolphins games. Same with the Jets because of Rodgers.

Bills will likely have no fewer than 5 primetime games if not 6 again. Allen is Must See TV

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.