Maybe the most incredible stat of the night

QB Bills

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Actually I think the injuries were a pretty good excuse. Our MLB shouldn't even be in the NFL, no team wanted him. Losing 2 great mlb, Douglass didn't look 100%, obviously missed Benford, Von not close to 100%. Injuries were significant. Rapp out was significant as Hyde and Poyer are finished. 

Agreed here. We were struggling against an opponent we were ultimate better than. A healthy Bernard and Douglass is likely worth a punt or two and we are talking about a Bills 2 score victory today. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Mango said:

Agreed here. We were struggling against an opponent we were ultimate better than. A healthy Bernard and Douglass is likely worth a punt or two and we are talking about a Bills 2 score victory today. 

I want the crack you're smoking.  A 2 score victory vs that team, in the playoffs?

56 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Brady didn't help.  We need to get the best OC available.  They would jump at the chance to work with Allen. 

Brady has been fine. He has arguable done a better job using Dorseys playbook than did Dorsey using his own playbook.

Just now, LarryMadman said:

Brady has been fine. He has arguable done a better job using Dorseys playbook than did Dorsey using his own playbook.

I agree he did better,  but not good enough. We have an opportunity to hire the best OC available,  one that would love to work with Josh. 

Diggs invisible since he took over,  passing game merely average,  our offense is basically let josh do it. 

He's so good that he can win a lot on his own,  but he really needs help. 

2 hours ago, boyst said:

I have bias because I know Klein.

Klein wasn't the problem in the game. It was how he was used.

Williams is a liability with how he plays, Dobson is good for some scenarios.

I'd have got a hybrid 3-2-6 with Neal as the SLB over Swift like we did to shut him down. His two TDs were too easy.

Klein at MLB, Dobson at WLB with Dorian coming in on running downs. 

I will agree with you that he was being misused but playing vs Chiefs we needed to do something different and he was not solution I saw.

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I will agree with you that he was being misused but playing vs Chiefs we needed to do something different and he was not solution I saw.

He had no business dropping back. He is a between the tackles MLB. 

Neal should be drop back, Dobson should be field WLB

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I agree he did better,  but not good enough. We have an opportunity to hire the best OC available,  one that would love to work with Josh. 

Diggs invisible since he took over,  passing game merely average,  our offense is basically let josh do it. 

He's so good that he can win a lot on his own,  but he really needs help. 

So you totally gloss over the HUGE fact that Brady was using Dorseys playbook and did the best he could. Wow!

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Then why did we wait to have Neal in the game? Excuses were good until we tried too late to find the answer. ... And guess what? It worked. Neal 1 on 1 at the line with Kelce.

Per McD this was the Bills 3rd down passing package.  Bad news is Bills only got KC to 3rd down 5 times.  Wish they had left him in more often!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But it wasn't missing guys in the middle that plays right into the Chiefs strengths. It is about matchups. Their two best offensive players this year - Kelce and Pacheco - operate exactly in the area the Bills were shorn of talent. 

Not only that, but I would further argue that the ONE major strength the Bills defense had exhibited since the bye week was well disguised pre-snap looks. It also happens to be the ONE thing they could've done that would have been most likely to limit Mahomes more than they were able to last night.

The problem is that having your defensive play caller out with injury and replacing him with a street free agent who wasn't with the team two weeks ago greatly limits the complexity of the defenses you can call. It GREATLY reduces your bag of tricks. Romo even mentioned this during the broadcast.

It's not just that the Bills had injuries on defense -- all teams have them at this time of year. It's that the specific injuries the Bills had (Bernard and Rapp, in particular), opened things up for a historically great middle-of-the-field offense in general, opened things up for Kelce and Pacheco in particular, and limited the Bills' ability to play mind games with Mahomes, forcing them to line up in fairly vanilla looks.

Missing injured players is not an excuse, in and of itself. Missing the specific players the Bills were missing, though, certainly helps explain the Bills' defensive futility last night.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

So you totally gloss over the HUGE fact that Brady was using Dorseys playbook and did the best he could. Wow!

Yes I am.  If the best he could is Diggs averaging 35 yards per game and Josh averaging 200 yards passing, that's not good enough. 

What in your view makes him worthy of a promotion to permanent OC?

45 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yes I am.  If the best he could is Diggs averaging 35 yards per game and Josh averaging 200 yards passing, that's not good enough. 

What in your view makes him worthy of a promotion to permanent OC?

The fact he was using Dorseys playbook. Obviously McDummie told him be a run first OC and he listened and did that, that by itself lessens the pass game stats. Numerous video breakdowns from tons of people have all pointed out the faults and deficiencies of the pass game, route trees and lack of open guys / seperation. Stop being obtuse to think all this didnt hamper Brady, lol. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Not only that, but I would further argue that the ONE major strength the Bills defense had exhibited since the bye week was well disguised pre-snap looks. It also happens to be the ONE thing they could've done that would have been most likely to limit Mahomes more than they were able to last night.

The problem is that having your defensive play caller out with injury and replacing him with a street free agent who wasn't with the team two weeks ago greatly limits the complexity of the defenses you can call. It GREATLY reduces your bag of tricks. Romo even mentioned this during the broadcast.

It's not just that the Bills had injuries on defense -- all teams have them at this time of year. It's that the specific injuries the Bills had (Bernard and Rapp, in particular), opened things up for a historically great middle-of-the-field offense in general, opened things up for Kelce and Pacheco in particular, and limited the Bills' ability to play mind games with Mahomes, forcing them to line up in fairly vanilla looks.

Missing injured players is not an excuse, in and of itself. Missing the specific players the Bills were missing, though, certainly helps explain the Bills' defensive futility last night.

Get out of here with your sensible, mature reflections! There are pitchforks for sale!

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

The fact he was using Dorseys playbook. Obviously McDummie told him be a run first OC and he listened and did that, that by itself lessens the pass game stats. Numerous video breakdowns from tons of people have all pointed out the faults and deficiencies of the pass game, route trees and lack of open guys / seperation. Stop being obtuse to think all this didnt hamper Brady, lol. 

Lol? Why are you laughing out loud at your own comment? 

You don't think it was possible fit Brady to install new plays or just use good ones that worked well?

Why do you think he did such a good job? 

'Tons of people' really?

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

I'm sure we agree that we need improvement with WR's, but 16 passes behind the line of scrimmage last night isn't going to get you too far.  

42 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm sure we agree that we need improvement with WR's, but 16 passes behind the line of scrimmage last night isn't going to get you too far.  

Nope it's not but I believe that was a McD ball control directive to Brady. We all know how McD wants complimentary football and I believe that was McD gameplan and Brady simply followed it. To blame Brady is stupid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.