Falcons request interview with Joe Brady for HC job

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Who are you thinking?

Honestly,  haven't put much thought into it other than Reich. But lots of coaches lost their jobs last week and there are probably a lot that I don't even know of.  But I'm sure there is talent out there. 

Just now, klos63 said:

Honestly,  haven't put much thought into it other than Reich. But lots of coaches lost their jobs last week and there are probably a lot that I don't even know of.  But I'm sure there is talent out there. 

I'd rather Joe Brady than Frank Reich. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

If Brady were to go the two established guys I'd want to interview are Bieniemy and Kellen Moore. 

Arthur Smith is a good OC who is out there but he isn't a fit here for Josh and the offense we want to run.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If McDermott thinks he's the best option, I'd trust him.  I just don't want to use the same logic as before.  I questioned the Dorsey hiring at the time,  and I would question this if they didn't at least see if there are better options available. 

We haven't been lighting up the scoreboard under Brady, and this is an amazing opportunity that many coaches would jump at.  I'm just saying to take advantage of the opportunity and hire the best available OC, be it Brady, Reich or someone else.

13 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

All interviews with teams still in playoffs are remote/virtual until they are eliminated.

We cannot block it, nor should we. Only if it was for same position. 

They did interview Brady in 2021 before hiring Smith. So they have real interest. 

It may be due diligence, or Billcheat wanted to much power. 

According to Rich Eisin belly check is going back for a second interview…, so that’s not likely a big issue, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm pretty shocked by this. Wonder if they are scouting ahead for him as OC if the Bills don't keep him in the position.

I dunno why you are shocked.  He did a good job taking over the roll mid season and he has had at least 3 HC interviews in the past.  The guy was already on peoples radar from before.  He is young and an offensive minded coach.  This is not shocking to me at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'd rather Joe Brady than Frank Reich. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

If Brady were to go the two established guys I'd want to interview are Bieniemy and Kellen Moore. 

Arthur Smith is a good OC who is out there but he isn't a fit here for Josh and the offense we want to run.

I think Moore is getting HC interviews, so he might be tough to get,  but I'd like him too.  Chances are he'd be one and done though.  We'd win our 2nd straight super bowl and he'll definitely get a HC job. 

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think Moore is getting HC interviews, so he might be tough to get,  but I'd like him too.  Chances are he'd be one and done though.  We'd win our 2nd straight super bowl and he'll definitely get a HC job. 

I think he has only had an interview this year as an internal candidate in LA. No other interviews this time around though he has had in the past.

Shane Waldron is the other name on my list if Seattle don't retain him.

EDIT: and actually for someone like Kellen Moore if he doesn't get the Chargers job (he won't) and isn't retained then come work with Josh for a year and you are guaranteed interviews next time around is a pretty good sell. I mean Ken Dorsey had HC interviews last year. I now think he will be lucky to land an OC job this cycle.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm pretty shocked by this. Wonder if they are scouting ahead for him as OC if the Bills don't keep him in the position.

Honest question (and not to throw shade at Brady) . What qualities are the Falcons seeing in Brady as HC material? He has been the OC for just a few games (I realize he has history but it's not too flattering).

I would think that teams want to see more of a track record before considering a coordinator for their top job. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dunno why you are shocked.  He did a good job taking over the roll mid season and he has had at least 3 HC interviews in the past.  The guy was already on peoples radar from before.  He is young and an offensive minded coach.  This is not shocking to me at all.

I am not shocked he got an interview this cycle. I would be shocked if he got a job this cycle, however.

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We haven't been lighting up the scoreboard under Brady,

What is lighting up the scoreboard?  We are 6th in the NFL on the season and 2 ppg out of 2nd place.  No team is sitting there scoring 30+ points a game on offense every week.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Honest question (and not to throw shade at Brady) . What qualities are the Falcons seeing in Brady as HC material? He has been the OC for just a few games (I realize he has history but it's not too flattering).

I would think that teams want to see more of a track record before considering a coordinator for their top job. 

That's a good question. 

My guess is having any sort of success with a very good organization looks great on a resume. He's clearly helped Josh during the 2nd half of the season. 

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I’d want him as the QB coach more than the offensive coordinator.  A calming presence on the sideline for Josh, been a qb in the NFL before, coached a wide range of QB’s before from Luck to Wentz to Foles, and can maybe provide Brady with some wrinkles in his game plan.  Not sure if he’d take the job though.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

That's a good question. 

My guess is having any sort of success with a very good organization looks great on a resume. He's clearly helped Josh during the 2nd half of the season. 

And this isnt even fully Brady's scheme on Offense. I don't get it

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

What is lighting up the scoreboard?  We are 6th in the NFL on the season and 2 ppg out of 2nd place.  No team is sitting there scoring 30+ points a game on offense every week.

It's not 20 , 24, 27 and 21. 4 last regular season games.

I am not shocked he got an interview this cycle. I would be shocked if he got a job this cycle, however.

I would not be shocked if he got a job.  Maybe a little surprised but not shocked.  I mean, I don't think he will but I wouldn't be like totally stunned if he did.  I think if he is the Bills OC and does well next year he will definitely get a job though.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I would not be shocked if he got a job.  Maybe a little surprised but not shocked.  I mean, I don't think he will but I wouldn't be like totally stunned if he did.  I think if he is the Bills OC and does well next year he will definitely get a job though.

Yea I agree a full year with Josh he will be a top candidate and may well land a job next year if it goes well. 

But I don't think he is getting the Atlanta job. I think Belichick is.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.