Trick Play Tomfoolery

KingBoots8

Well, we know a few things about Kansas City Swifties: 

1. They like the smell of their own farts

2. They are 1-3 vs the Bills in the last 4 meetings

3. They enjoy running in circles and doing trick plays

As evidenced by the last time we met, these guys thought it would be funny to try and recreate the music city forward lateral the day after the guy who did it passed away. Thanks to Toney being the dork that he is, their “Greatest Play That Didn’t Count” was just that: worthless.

Now they’re coming into hostile territory and they’ll need any advantage they can get. Be it Taylor Swift, one of the Mahomes sideshows, or a trick play, anything is an option. So, how do you prepare for that and do we try to bring a trick play of our own into the mix?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

As evidenced by the last time we met, these guys thought it would be funny to try and recreate the music city forward lateral the day after the guy who did it passed away.

That wasn't a designed trick play.

That was just Kelce freelancing, and doing it brilliantly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

I've read somewhere that Kelce practices that lateral.  Agreed it wasn't a designed play, but it was in his repertoire

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

As evidenced by the last time we met, these guys thought it would be funny to try and recreate the music city forward lateral the day after the guy who did it passed away. Thanks to Toney being the dork that he is, their “Greatest Play That Didn’t Count” was just that: worthless.

Now they’re coming into hostile territory and they’ll need any advantage they can get. Be it Taylor Swift, one of the Mahomes sideshows, or a trick play, anything is an option. So, how do you prepare for that and do we try to bring a trick play of our own into the mix?

who doesn't?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I think the answer to your question is that the defense can't quit on any play until they hear the whistle. Everyone has to stick to their man or zone, and they need to get Pat out of rythem. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Simon said:

That play really underscored how it’s a game of inches because Cam Lewis came within a hair of getting his hand on the ball when it left Kelce’s hand. We’ll ever know who would have recovered the loose ball after Lewis deflected it, but Kelce stood a good chance of looking like an idiot instead of being praised for an amazing ad lib. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Simon said:

Kelce thought it was a free play due to defensive offside.  He wouldnt have attempted it otherwise. Toney knew he was getting flagged which is why he was in position for the lateral.  The whole play was a farce.

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Kelce thought it was a free play due to defensive offside.

If Kelce said that, I'm calling him a liar.

There is no way he saw that flag come out from where he was lined up and going into his route.

(play is at about :39)

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That play really underscored how it’s a game of inches because Cam Lewis came within a hair of getting his hand on the ball when it left Kelce’s hand. We’ll ever know who would have recovered the loose ball after Lewis deflected it, but Kelce stood a good chance of looking like an idiot instead of being praised for an amazing ad lib. 

The fact that Lewis is even looking to play the ball in the first place is a testament to how well he's being coached, imo.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

There is no way he saw that flag come out from where he was lined up and going into his route.

Man, from this angle you can really see how far offside Toney is. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

The fact that Lewis is even looking to play the ball in the first place is a testament to how well he's being coached, imo.

I thought he said that but after searching I only see Mahomes on record saying he thought it was a free play.  

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I thought he said that but after searching I only see Mahomes on record saying he thought it was a free play.  

Not sure how Mahomes thought that when his back was to the ref throwing the flag the whole time. 

16 minutes ago, BRH said:

Not sure how Mahomes thought that when his back was to the ref throwing the flag the whole time. 

It certainly doesn't look like he would have been aware, although the guy does have what is possibly the greatest peripheral vision I've ever seen so it's hard to discount it entirely.

18 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Would love to see the Bills try some trickery.  Possibly on the tush push.  Success rate is dropping

Dawkins has two TD catches..  How about a third?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.