Offensive Shift

These are the games why Coach wanted a shift in offensive philosophy. I can’t say I agree with it always, but it’s comforting knowing this team can get going on the ground. 

I expect lots of 12 personnel and us to exploit their slow linebackers with Knox and Kincaid. Quick throws will be there, Josh has to take them. Throw in some jumbo sets and take advantage of their best defensive player being out. This should be a simple

game plan.

Let’s see what you’ve got Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Hey man, we can run the ball pretty well when we stick to it. Got to slow the game down and chew the clock when up. The weather isn’t the best for just slinging it. I know Gabe isn’t revered here but he has height and is a better option for “jump balls”. Can’t have Josh trying his magic all game 

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Hey man, we can run the ball pretty well when we stick to it. Got to slow the game down and chew the clock when up. The weather isn’t the best for just slinging it. I know Gabe isn’t revered here but he has height and is a better option for “jump balls”. Can’t have Josh trying his magic all game 

Gabe is the last person on this roster I would think of throwing a jump ball to.

• Agree 3

33 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I don’t know about slowing the game down … if the bills get out to a 2 score lead it’s over … then slow it down 

34 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Gabe is the last person on this roster I would think of throwing a jump ball to.

You’re right. Never see him in the vicinity of Hail Mary’s. Sherfield is the only other option seeing as Shorter hasn’t ever seen the field. 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t know about slowing the game down … if the bills get out to a 2 score lead it’s over … then slow it down 

That was why I said: “Got to slow the game down and chew the clock when up.”

🤷‍♂️

I will say.. if 12 personnel allows us to run and pass in an extreme weather game, get the W and move on.. I’ll certainly have a high opinion of the FO for seeing how last season ended and making sure we have a team that can adapt to any conditions that could arise come Playoff time.  

And given the fact our Road to the Super Bowl will consist of 3 games in Buffalo or 2 Buffalo / 1 Baltimore, the conditions could require what they preached .. the ability to run the ball in January and have a varied passing attack.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Kincaid or Diggs are the jump ball guys at the moment 

I know some folks are down on Knox, but he'd be my choice as well.

Except we haven't been running the ball that well. Outside of the Dallas game the run game has been pretty bad the last 5 or six games.

Take away Josh and outside of the Dallas game the RBs are getting less than 100 yards per game and less than 4 YPC. 

Hope they can find some success because the pass offense is struggling too.

Absolutely OP. I really hate to say it, but the only thing that messes up this incredibly simple and easy to execute game plan to hammer a weaker, less talented team into the rubber pellets is turnovers. Our RB is butterfingers and our QB leads the universe. Not difficult to comprehend why we’re always in these out of whack close games that feel on the verge of catastrophe way too often. 

8 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I agree, this will be a good test of how they’ve rebuilt the team for this season, relative to how we were bounced from the playoffs last year.  Hopefully Dallas game was an indication for how we can perform in an adverse environment.

Dallass game was a team exploiting a severe weakness in their defense.   There will not be such a weakness in Steelers defense.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Dallass game was a team exploiting a severe weakness in their defense.   There will not be such a weakness in Steelers defense.

There are always weaknesses in teams defenses, just is, especially when Pitts #1 defender is out, think positive man, sure it won’t be easy, it’s not supposed to be, but we got this! 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Stillers Defense is ranked 21st in yards allowed. I think they can be had. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.