Things on TV shows you like that will never happen in real life

Another Fan

Al Bundy just might be one of the greatest male TV characters of all time.

That being said I could think of jobs worse than the one he had.  I think I can only recall one episode where he talks to the owner of Gary's 😀

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Al Bundy just might be one of the greatest male TV characters of all time.

That being said I could think of jobs worse than the one he had.  I think I can only recall one episode where he talks to the owner of Gary's 😀

If I remember, Gary was a woman.  

8 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

It was more of a thing in the 90s but people always entering through their friends bedroom windows.  

That is a good one!

What about school dances having punch bowls getting spiked with alcohol??  Was that ever really a thing in a different era?  When I was in school there were never any punch bowls laying around at any school dances

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:16 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Any of the billions of shows or movies that enforce the ridiculous notion of intelligent interstellar aliens.

Don’t get me wrong, sometimes they’re fun to watch.  I’m just answering the thread’s question.

Wow, are you going to be in for a shock. Stay tuned.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm pushing this into the movie realm.....

A dude like Steve Buscemi that goes on a space shuttle ride and returns to have sex with Molly Mounds!

Am I a Steve Buscemi look alike? The world will never know. 

image.png.abf43a8c7854462bbff49979a02a5647.png

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

When a person driving a car can take their eyes off the road and have a multi minute conversation with their passenger.   

….or even several seconds. We had just finished a tour of the Vatican last spring and desperately wanted a cab back to the hotel. It was a hot day and we both wanted a shower. The first taxi driver we come across is in the middle of a heated argument with some guy about whether there had been damage following a little fender bender. They agree to let it go, and he tells us it will be 40 euros to get us to the hotel. “There’s a lot of traffic out there now” he says. Same traffic we went thru to get there for 16 euros, but he doesn’t know I’d gladly pay 100  at the moment. 

We agree to be taken advantage of and get in the taxi. As he takes off he turns around to tell us what an idiot the other driver was. He is looking back at me, and I’m looking forward. I was the only one who saw us drive directly into the back of the car he had just hit and this time there was no doubt. He caves in the back end of the other car, complete with that accident sound that makes you sick to your stomach. I told him that was a bit of “Vatican Karma” at work and went looking for another taxi. 

The next guy deftly slips a mask over the meter when he realizes were are idiot tourists. He wants to rip us off too and I start texting my wife sitting right next to me. He seems to pick up on the fact that we are onto him. He takes the mask back down and the meter says 12 euros. I gave him a 20 and told him to keep the change. He gave me a funny look when I said it was close, but Karma works both ways. 

13 minutes ago, Irv said:

I don’t like home improvement shows where the hosts paint in perfectly good clothes without a spot on them. 

….and they put in a new kitchen for $1,200. 

I was going to mention when somebody has a Pizza ordered to the classroom in the middle of class....But I've actually seen that happen one time in real life!

Granted it was at a Community College...which is a way, way more laidback environment than a high school but still...It was even during a Finals exam!  The professor was an old school, stodgy guy and he was not happy about it at all.  I can still picture his face steaming as the delivery guy showed up to the classroom.  At the time I thought it was hilarious but looking back at it now it was pretty disrespectful.  

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.