Injury Update Thread...

boyst

5 hours ago, boyst said:

Is there a presser for the HC today to address injuries?

Typically there's a McD presser on Monday, but usually not until the afternoon - 3 or 4 pm.

Banged Up Bills will do an injury review but I think that's typically Tuesday.

But you know he's gonna just 🧇 and say stuff like "I'll know more after I talk to our training staff tomorrow"

TJ Watt Grade 2 MCL, likely unavailable for Steelers @ Bills is a biggie.

The Grade 2 is good news for Steelers fans since initially they were saying "Grade 3", but

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Typically there's a McD presser on Monday, but usually not until the afternoon - 3 or 4 pm.

But you know he's gonna just 🧇 and say stuff like "I'll know more after I talk to our training staff tomorrow"

The Grade 2 is good news for Steelers fans since initially they were saying "Grade 3", but

I'm not going to be surprised if he plays, probably with a brace on. Remember, this medical staff sent him back onto the field with a tinted visor after a concussion that he supposedly didn't have (I know there's the "independent" guy that checks too). Also gave him smelling salts during that game.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I'm not going to be surprised if he plays, probably with a brace on. Remember, this medical staff sent him back onto the field with a tinted visor after a concussion that he supposedly didn't have (I know there's the "independent" guy that checks too). Also gave him smelling salts during that game.

He will ineffective and irrelevant if he does play...might actually be an advantage for him to be in there on one leg versus a healthy player. No way it happens, IMO.  Too high a risk he tears if fully and has to undergo surgery and rehab

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Seemed like he landed on the ball and looked like a situation where you get the wind knocked out of you from many other times I have seen it happen...not sure tho.

As I rewatch the 4th quarter, I think he actually hurt it on the play before the pick.  This was the one where he and Tyreek went up and Rapp broke it up.  It appeared that Rapp's left knee hit Tyreek's right knee hard.  Tyreek limped off after that, and Rapp appears to be a little gimpy but obviously stayed in.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm looking at this asking "when did Baylon Spector jump solidly ahead of Dorian Williams on the LB depth chart?"  My jaw dropped.  I got to admit he seemed to play pretty well.  Also, am I wrong but were they playing Spector in the middle?  Did I hallucinate that?

I am assuming Spector plays ST and Williams does not and hence Spector is on the game day roster

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I am assuming Spector plays ST and Williams does not and hence Spector is on the game day roster

Williams was active too.

I think (according to what I've read and listened to today) that Williams struggles with the window dressing and misdirection that the Dolphins do so much of and that Spector was the better fit last night.

Against other opponents whose offensive scheme is easier for a LB to diagnose we would likely see Williams in ahead of Spector.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

As expected no real injury updates.  He was asked about Rasul Douglas, responded we got in so late, guys are still going through it (evaluation I assume), I'll have more for you on Wednesday.

37 minutes ago, ganesh said:

No, Williams has been active on the game day roster every game this season. 

Williams plays ST - typically 60-70% of the ST snaps, except in the Jaxs, Giants, and 1st NE game where he was playing for Milano

Edited by Beck Water

I just want to add this.  Surfing Banged Up Bills twitter feed.

He has re-tweeted 4 or 5 updates from Mike McDaniel on various Dolphins injury status.

McDermott:  🦗🦗🦗

Now I grant that McDermott is in a bit different place because it was a home game and his players could come in and start getting worked up immediately this am where the Bills got home late and the players probably slept a bit and came in later.  But the difference is still striking.

Jordan Phillips has Entered the Chat:

Just a note that per Sal Capaccio at the time Phillips went on IR, Phillips needs to stay on IR for 4 games ie not eligible to return until Division round in playoff.  Of course there's always the chance that the NFL did an "invoke obscure rules" on IR and we all blinked and missed it.

Edited by Beck Water

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm looking at this asking "when did Baylon Spector jump solidly ahead of Dorian Williams on the LB depth chart?"  My jaw dropped.  I got to admit he seemed to play pretty well.  Also, am I wrong but were they playing Spector in the middle?  Did I hallucinate that?

Could be situational as Dorian is hugely susceptible to misdirection and that's the entirety of the Dolphins running game.

11 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The Taylor Rapp injury post-pick was kinda lost.  They said he walked off but haven't heard much more.

1st thing I thought was he cracked a couple ribs landing on the ball.  It happens occasionally and his chest took full impact  through the ball from the ground.

Y'all may remember it happened to Rob Johnson.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

1st thing I thought was he cracked a couple ribs landing on the ball.  It happens occasionally and his chest took full impact  through the ball from the ground.

Y'all may remember it happened to Rob Johnson.

Just the after effects of swallowing Tua's soul.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.