January 6 was a COUP and INSURRECTION

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

If that's what you think the defense is...

No it's clearly what you think despite not coming out directly and saying it (because you're defending scum...still).

You clearly have watched very little footage from that day.  There's plenty proving 100% what I'm saying.   

14 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

No it's clearly what you think despite not coming out directly and saying it (because you're defending scum...still).

You clearly have watched very little footage from that day.  There's plenty proving 100% what I'm saying.   

The only think I'm defending them from is baseless accusations (of insurrection, planning a coup).  I'm not defending those who assaulted police officers, broke into the Capitol (not those who were let in) or destroyed property. 

No there is nothing to prove what you're saying...except for Ray Epps.  But he's inconvenient for you all.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only think I'm defending them from is baseless accusations (of insurrection, planning a coup).  I'm not defending those who assaulted police officers, broke into the Capitol (not those who were let in) or destroyed property. 

No there is nothing to prove what you're saying...except for Ray Epps.  But he's inconvenient for you all.

This is a perfect example of what someone would say if the internet had rotted their brains to the point where they no longer recognized reality. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This is a perfect example of what someone would say if the internet had rotted their brains to the point where they no longer recognized reality. 

You've lost all touch with reality if you think that mob had any chance of overthrowing the government.  Or you're just really simple.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

You've lost all touch with reality if you think that mob had any chance of overthrowing the government.  Or you're just really simple.

I didn’t say that, but you do love showing off your lack of reading comprehension. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

I didn’t say that, but you do love showing off your lack of reading comprehension. 

So enlighten me (I'm watching the NCG and it's boring).  What in what you quoted was the result of "brain rot"?

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

So enlighten me (I'm watching the NCG and it's boring).  What in what you quoted was the result of "brain rot"?

That you believe it wasn’t an insurrection because it wasn’t likely to succeed and that you seem to buy into all of the Ray Epps BS (which is my favorite conspiracy because even if it was somehow true, it changes… basically nothing). 

Honestly, the Ray Epps thing is hilarious. Just the dumbest *****. It’s not that he’s “inconvenient,” it’s that the whole thing is so dumb it’s hard to post a response when you’re just laughing so hard at the idiocy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

That you believe it wasn’t an insurrection because it wasn’t likely to succeed and that you seem to buy into all of the Ray Epps BS (which is my favorite conspiracy because even if it was somehow true, it changes… basically nothing). 

Honestly, the Ray Epps thing is hilarious. Just the dumbest *****. It’s not that he’s “inconvenient,” it’s that the whole thing is so dumb it’s hard to post a response when you’re just laughing so hard at the idiocy. 

No, what I'm saying is that if people don't even bring weapons to try and overthrow a government...it tells me they never planned on trying it because it's pointless and futile.  It wasn't a matter of "stupidity."  Hell the Oath Keepers actually brought firearms to DC...but left them in their hotel rooms.  You think they just forgot to bring them to the Capitol?  You think people went to the Capitol that day saying "I'm going to break into the Capitol, mill around for a few hours and hope that will get them not to certify the election...and then I'll be home for din-din"?  LOL if you do.  But like you like to say, prove intent.  Good luck with that.

As for Epps, the point is that here is a guy who is caught on video telling people to break into the Capitol and is there when the violence erupts...and he's given a pass for years until they're finally forced to give him a slap on the wrist for the sake of optics.  Again if the Capitol hadn't been breached this "insurrection/coup" talk never happens and he is the only one for which we have proof of intent.  Again, inconvenient for you all.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

LOL!

This explains you defending Trump.  

Baseless accusation to you = a group of people trying to commit the crime they said they were going to on video.

You've lost it.  You're probably one of those hidden Trumpanzees in rl aren't you?  Family embarrassed the whole 9 yards?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

LOL!

This explains you defending Trump.  

Baseless accusation to you = a group of people trying to commit the crime they said they were going to on video.

You've lost it.  You're probably one of those hidden Trumpanzees in rl aren't you?  Family embarrassed the whole 9 yards?

I pity you guys.  Trump really broke your feeble brains.  It must suck going through life looking for Trump under your bed or in your closet every night.  Do you sleep with the light on?

LOL!

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I pity you guys.  Trump really broke your feeble brains.  It must suck going through life looking for Trump under your bed or in your closet every night.  Do you sleep with the light on?

LOL!

👆🤡

Our resident "independent", who appears cornered, spends all day defending everything Trump. He can't acknowledge his gullibility after being force-fed numerous psyops. Instead, he blames us for his feeble mind.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No, what I'm saying is that if people don't even bring weapons to try and overthrow a government...it tells me they never planned on trying it because it's pointless and futile.  It wasn't a matter of "stupidity."  Hell the Oath Keepers actually brought firearms to DC...but left them in their hotel rooms.  You think they just forgot to bring them to the Capitol?  You think people went to the Capitol that day saying "I'm going to break into the Capitol, mill around for a few hours and hope that will get them not to certify the election...and then I'll be home for din-din"?  LOL if you do.  But like you like to say, prove intent.  Good luck with that.

As for Epps, the point is that here is a guy who is caught on video telling people to break into the Capitol and is there when the violence erupts...and he's given a pass for years until they're finally forced to give him a slap on the wrist for the sake of optics.  Again if the Capitol hadn't been breached this "insurrection/coup" talk never happens and he is the only one for which we have proof of intent.  Again, inconvenient for you all.

I really appreciate you proving my point. There are so many errors in this post that I cannot possibly correct them all (though I shall try). I don't know why people decide to only seek out information that confirms their priors, but here you are.

Anyways, a couple of quick points:

• People brought weapons to Jan 6th
  • While most of the Jan 6 people were likely caught up in the moment, there was a concerted, well-documented plan to cause a delay of the confirmation of the election
  • The Oath Keepers brought guns because they thought that Trump would essentially invoke martial law, at which point their people would bring the guns from their strategic locations into the city
  • I think most people went to the Capitol because they thought Trump was going there. He basically said as much as in his speech, so they walked over. There were some people who planned on disrupting the certification of the election. Once the building was breached, some people who did not originally intend to enter the building followed the crowd in. This is why the crimes that were charged vary quite a bit based on circumstance.
  • Over 700 people have pleaded guilty to crimes for their actions on Jan 6th. More than 150 have been convicted of crimes for their actions on that day.
  • Ray Epps wasn't given a pass. His name was on the FBI list for only a short period of time because once he saw it, he reached out to law enforcement and began cooperating. Despite this, he still ended up being charged with crimes
  • Even if Ray Epps was a fed, you'd have to be a brain dead moron to commit crimes because some random dude told you to. If the Bills win the Super Bowl (knock on wood) and while you're at the parade, somebody says "let's break into city hall!" you only have yourself to blame if you do what they say. This is so unbelievably stupid that it's incredible that I have to actually type this out.
  • Once again, and I cannot stop restating this because it's just hilarious that it's still a thing, the Ray Epps conspiracy is probably the dumbest thing to come out of the Trump era, which is really impressive considering how much idiocy we had to endure. If everything MAGA claims about him was true, it'd change... nothing. But they keep harping on it because they are too stupid to recognize this.
  • I do love the argument of "if they hadn't committed an insurrection, you couldn't call it an insurrection. Checkmate libs!" argument at the end there. It's the only thing that I've seen that is dumber than the Ray Epps conspiracy, so congrats on that.

One of the common moves by Trumpers is to paint with very broad brushes and avoid any nuance, details, or facts. They want to equate the random MAGA person who went to Trump's speech and then walked to the Capitol because Trump said he'd be there with groups that planned for an armed insurrection. Some of this is a nefarious intention to deceive, but most of it is just ignorant people who have isolated themselves from reality so they immediately reject anything that doesn't support their worldview. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!

Yawn.

Literally, your perception of reality has been altered.  If it were someone respectable I could at least pretend to understand but it's a diaper wearing imbecile you've decided to let think for you.  It's pathetic.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I really appreciate you proving my point. There are so many errors in this post that I cannot possibly correct them all (though I shall try). I don't know why people decide to only seek out information that confirms their priors, but here you are.

Anyways, a couple of quick points:

• People brought weapons to Jan 6th
  • While most of the Jan 6 people were likely caught up in the moment, there was a concerted, well-documented plan to cause a delay of the confirmation of the election
  • The Oath Keepers brought guns because they thought that Trump would essentially invoke martial law, at which point their people would bring the guns from their strategic locations into the city
  • I think most people went to the Capitol because they thought Trump was going there. He basically said as much as in his speech, so they walked over. There were some people who planned on disrupting the certification of the election. Once the building was breached, some people who did not originally intend to enter the building followed the crowd in. This is why the crimes that were charged vary quite a bit based on circumstance.
  • Over 700 people have pleaded guilty to crimes for their actions on Jan 6th. More than 150 have been convicted of crimes for their actions on that day.
  • Ray Epps wasn't given a pass. His name was on the FBI list for only a short period of time because once he saw it, he reached out to law enforcement and began cooperating. Despite this, he still ended up being charged with crimes
  • Even if Ray Epps was a fed, you'd have to be a brain dead moron to commit crimes because some random dude told you to. If the Bills win the Super Bowl (knock on wood) and while you're at the parade, somebody says "let's break into city hall!" you only have yourself to blame if you do what they say. This is so unbelievably stupid that it's incredible that I have to actually type this out.
  • Once again, and I cannot stop restating this because it's just hilarious that it's still a thing, the Ray Epps conspiracy is probably the dumbest thing to come out of the Trump era, which is really impressive considering how much idiocy we had to endure. If everything MAGA claims about him was true, it'd change... nothing. But they keep harping on it because they are too stupid to recognize this.
  • I do love the argument of "if they hadn't committed an insurrection, you couldn't call it an insurrection. Checkmate libs!" argument at the end there. It's the only thing that I've seen that is dumber than the Ray Epps conspiracy, so congrats on that.

One of the common moves by Trumpers is to paint with very broad brushes and avoid any nuance, details, or facts. They want to equate the random MAGA person who went to Trump's speech and then walked to the Capitol because Trump said he'd be there with groups that planned for an armed insurrection. Some of this is a nefarious intention to deceive, but most of it is just ignorant people who have isolated themselves from reality so they immediately reject anything that doesn't support their worldview. 

There were a handful of people who had firearms.  None of them brandished them.  It's a non-point brought up to create a false narrative and a gotcha a la "ha, there were (FIVE WHOLE) people with guns that day (even though they never used them)!"

Yes I agree the vast majority went to the Capitol because they expected Trump to go and planned on protesting peacefully and patriotically, but as usual there are always some who go there with bad intent.  All it takes is a nobody or two to a) talk about breaking into the Capitol and b) actually break into the Capitol (was the first person to start breaking in a "somebody"?).  But there was no real coordination and the FBI said as much.  About the only coordinated group was the OK, and if they truly thought Trump was going to institute martial law and that's when they'd bring out the guns, I stand corrected and they were indeed stupid.  But several of them paid a price for what they did and never even got close to overthrowing the government.

And again, the point with Epps that you continually ignore, is that he's the only one who said to break into the Capitol.  Trump never did.  And again without the Capitol being breached, this is just a "mostly peaceful protest" outside the Capitol.  It doesn't matter if he's a nobody just as it doesn't matter that all the people jailed are nobodies.

In any case, Google "January 6th wasn't an insurrection" and read what is written there for more detail.

12 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yawn.

Literally, your perception of reality has been altered.  If it were someone respectable I could at least pretend to understand but it's a diaper wearing imbecile you've decided to let think for you.  It's pathetic.   

Oh, the hypocrisy!  I say the same thing about you guys.  And your guy is senile to boot.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Try finding this riotous attempt to storm the White House story on MSM websites. Please post if you do.

Should be a lead story you’d think, especially since they had to relocate WH staffing.

Edited by I am the egg man

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Oh, yeah, it’s more manufactured Fox News and RW lies

Assorted dumbasses here (think redhawk) that are obsessed with Fox News as a boogeyman will look to CNN for coverage of what was going on at the White House last night. As of now, they won’t find it, so it must not have been worth writing about. Those things worth writing about in order:

Iowa caucuses/Trump

George Conway’s thoughts on Trump

Chiefs/Dolphins cold weather 

Long walks are good

Cold weather in winter

Good places abroad to move to (Cher and others please take note)

Marvel actor

Israel/Gaza

National debt

King of Denmark

Sports news

Wayfair clearance sale

Adorable dogs

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

They've all been arrested and will in holding cells for years awaiting trial and then sentenced for years in prison, right?  Right?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Who is that, 5 seconds in, on the White House rooftop ? 

The left ignores this threat to govt. and just moves on....

Hypocrites.        

Snipers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Snipers.

Trump puts snipers on the White House, Left be wailing endlessly, calling it an impeachable offense.

It be run nonstop on msm media, likewise in here too. 

Cries of it being an example of Trump facism, using the military to intimidate and control the masses.

But with "atta boy Joe" doing so, they just scurry on. 

• Like (+1) 1