The OTHER game nobody is talking about: Texans vs Colts

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Whether they make the playoffs or not the Texans had a great year. Nobody had predicted them to be in the playoffs. DeMeco Ryans deserves strong consideration for coach of the year, but I think it will go to Dan Campbell since the Lions won their division.

Campbell could win and should be in the conversation for sure. IMO the final 4 should be him, Stefanski (who I thought would be out after the year) and the 2 coaches in this game, Ryans and Steichen. Any of those guys are worthy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ImpactCorey said:

The Texans vs Colts game is a big one.  Win and in.    But there is something else on the line:  if they tie the Bills are in!   No other games end up mattering (for playoff birth alone).

Furthermore if that game ends in a tie and Steelers and Jaguars both end up winning, both the Texans and Colts are out.

If I was the one scripting the NFL, this is the curveball I'd throw out there.

virtually no chance the game ends in a tie. If it's 4&99 at my own 1 yard line with 1:00 on the clock, I'm going for it. No reason to not.

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

virtually no chance the game ends in a tie. If it's 4&99 at my own 1 yard line with 1:00 on the clock, I'm going for it. No reason to not.

I get what you're saying, but you're wrong about no reason to go for it in that circumstance.  With a tie you have the chance to make the playoffs.  With a loss you do not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ImpactCorey said:

The Texans vs Colts game is a big one.  Win and in.    But there is something else on the line:  if they tie the Bills are in!   No other games end up mattering (for playoff birth alone).

Furthermore if that game ends in a tie and Steelers and Jaguars both end up winning, both the Texans and Colts are out.

If I was the one scripting the NFL, this is the curveball I'd throw out there.

Hmmm so the NFL could be fixed you say???

🤔🤔🤔

Just now, 26TrapDraw said:

Hmmm so the NFL could be fixed you say???

🤔🤔🤔

Only if this happens.  Any other outcome proves 100% scientifically that the NFL is a game of skill and nothing else.  😆

• Like (+1) 1

Ties are still extremely rare in the NFL and personally I hope the NFL eventually changes the rules so they don't exist anymore and someone has to win in regular season games.

With that said, I like the Texans in this game with Stroud back healthy and they definitely are a team that scares me assuming the Bills would have the face them in the first round as the #7 seed coming to Buffalo. Nobody expected them to be in this position and they are truly playing with house money should they get into the playoffs

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.