NFL Demands Bills Long Snapper Reid Ferguson Take Drug Test After Win Over Chargers

Peace Frog

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Assume so.  

What's not clear is what the penalty would be if he tested positive.  It's not like the Bills would forfeit the Chargers game.  Would he be suspended?  That would be very bad. I don't recall a single bad snap on a punt or kick this year.

Reid is a good guy and you rarely what he does in community.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy9Q9O5uOUZ/

image.png.3bad35e7280546e27344a20aa0a65cf4.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boater said:

When I was in the service, they rolled a random number and called you in by the last digit of your SSN. One year, I was called 5 times.

They were called a "whiz quiz"

A long time ago I was a design engineer at a truss plant. Somehow, someway, I’d get selected for a “random” drug test twice a year during the busy season when they were running extra shifts. Oddly it never happened during the slow times of year when they had one skeleton shift and the odds of an office person being selected were much great. Only during the time of year they couldn’t afford to lose anyone in the shop. Hmmm. 

3 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Every player in the league is probably on some form of PED.

I refuse to believe "technological advancements" are the sole reason why 290-lb guys now run 4.4 forty times or why the recovery period for knee ligament tears has been reduced by 40%.

Advances in surgery has occurred.  Thry used to cut your knee open now they can do it with minor cutting.

with television and advancement of college sports you are finding bigger guys and better athletes. Years ago black guys didn’t play… 

3 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I thought they didn't test for HGH? I could be wrong I don't really keep up with the policy, I just figured it was understood that most players in the league were on it.

HGH is the best medicine available for quickly healing muscle tears, and most nfl players regularly suffer muscle tears of some degree due to the brutal nature of the game. Ban HGH and half the league can’t play on any given week either due to suspension or abstention from taking the medicine (out of fear of suspension). There is a reason the NFL doesn’t test for it and penalize players for usage. It would regularly destroy game-day rosters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

HGH is the best medicine available for quickly healing muscle tears, and most nfl players regularly suffer muscle tears of some degree due to the brutal nature of the game. Ban HGH and half the league can’t play on any given week either due to suspension or abstention from taking the medicine (out of fear of suspension). There is a reason the NFL doesn’t test for it and penalize players for usage. It would regularly destroy game-day rosters.

100% agreed, I wasn't bad mouthing the medicine, just stating what I thought was fact.

I cured a partial tear in my Achilles with it without having surgery. So I'm a believer. 

Edited by Southern_Bills
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.