Trevor Lawrence-turnover prone?

Ya Digg?

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Oh I agree with that, it just seems to me that Lawrence is in the Justin Herbert category-somehow he is able to escape a lot of blame that perhaps other QBs aren’t afforded 

I don’t think that’s accurate. 

They are both kinda universally rated around top 10 but not top 3. So there’s really not much to say.

Please don’t even dignify comparisons between Lawrence and Josh. Lawrence beat the Chargers in the greatest choke job in NFL history and then proceeded to spearhead an improbable implosion going from 8 and 3 to 8 and 7., culminating in consecutive injuries and done for the season. He regressed this year and literally became a turnover machine in the losses. He’s not Josh and never will be.

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Please don’t even dignify comparisons between Lawrence and Josh. Lawrence beat the Chargers in the greatest choke job in NFL history and then proceeded to spearhead an improbable implosion going from 8 and 3 to 8 and 7., culminating in consecutive injuries and done for the season. He regressed this year and literally became a turnover machine in the losses. He’s not Josh and never will be.

The comparison isn’t intended to be Josh vs Trevor as a QB-there’s no debate about that. My point is that it seems Lawrence relatively speaking has gotten a much bigger pass on his turnovers than Josh has. We all know why,  but perhaps after this season there will be more scrutiny on the QB who had by far the best team in the AFC south and they could now potentially lose the division and not even make the playoffs! 

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

No serious person doesn't think Josh is an elite QB, Bills fans are such whiners that they need to make up a narrative so they can complain. There isn't one NFL coach that wouldn't take Allen in a heartbeat.  You find any clown that says Allen isn't very good and you hang on that forever. I know Buffalo has an inferiority complex, but it's time to grow up.

When people claim Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Josh I just wonder what they looking at.

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

When people claim Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Josh I just wonder what they looking at.

I think Lamar is elite, and I think this season has been his best.  Other seasons not as great passing,  but this year much better,  even without elite receivers. 

I think Josh is better, Lamar can make the crazy plays like Josh can. 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I think Lamar is elite, and I think this season has been his best.  Other seasons not as great passing,  but this year much better,  even without elite receivers. 

Lamar is an average passer at best. Elite runner yes.  Yet people want him in the Mahomes/Allen class. To me he's much lower maybe 3rd or 4th tier at best.

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Oh I agree with that, it just seems to me that Lawrence is in the Justin Herbert category-somehow he is able to escape a lot of blame that perhaps other QBs aren’t afforded 

he plays for a team in a market that has zero national base. 

Herbert is another bum.  Also on a  zero  market team

59 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The comparison isn’t intended to be Josh vs Trevor as a QB-there’s no debate about that. My point is that it seems Lawrence relatively speaking has gotten a much bigger pass on his turnovers than Josh has. We all know why,  but perhaps after this season there will be more scrutiny on the QB who had by far the best team in the AFC south and they could now potentially lose the division and not even make the playoffs! 

You’re absolutely right, the reason I referenced the comparison is because when Josh had a 3 game hiccup scoring in the 1st half of games, sports talk imbeciles were substituting Lawrence for Josh when talking best quarterbacks.  As for your point, Mahomes has had a boatload of TOs also but he’s a magician and someone you can’t criticize.

5 hours ago, LarryMadman said:

News flash, every QB turns the ball over, not every turn over turns into points either. No QB gets nearly as many TDs as Allen does, but hey keep banging that narrative about turnovers. Allen is the best, most dynamic, exciting and must see QB in the league and he's on our team yet all some ever want to do is tear the guy down, why!

Dude why are you being so hyperbolic?  I am a Allen fan but you can be a fan and also recognize he turns the ball over.  Everyone wants to use this buzzword "narrative" like it's a fabrication.   It's not a narrative it's just the truth.   He can both be great and turn the ball over.  And while every QB turns the ball over, Josh does it at a very high rate.   It would be incredibly helpful for him to stop doing that.

Newsflash, you can point out a bad part of his game without hating him.  Stop being so sensitive.  I think it's amazingly obvious Bills fans, myself included, are happy as hell the guy is our QB.  Buy it doesn't make him untouchable.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

Talking heads were wrong about Josh on draft day so they tend to push the negative. Lawrence was the guy they all tapped as the can’t miss prospect 

He was a consensus top 10 pick, maybe higher. A lot of people had high expectations for him.  Kiper thought he should go #1 overall.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

I don’t think that’s accurate. 

They are both kinda universally rated around top 10 but not top 3. So there’s really not much to say.

disagree. Herbert has been viewed as top 5. Not in the Mahomes, Allen and Burrow class but at the top of the very next tier. Somewhere around 4-5. 

perhaps that will change now only after this most recent season but he’s been a top 5 QB for the most part until just recently.

• Agree 1

On 12/24/2023 at 8:56 PM, thenorthremembers said:

They are both horribly turnover prone.   They have the same exact turnover rate 1.4 turnovers per game.   The narrative isnt as strong with Lawrence because he is both earlier in his career, and not as good as Josh, which is to say no one really cares about Trevor Lawrence.   

That said, 1.4 turnovers a game is absolutely unacceptable.   Josh has to cut it out.  

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet!

On 12/25/2023 at 2:47 PM, klos63 said:

Let's see how Lamar does against the Bills this year.  In past years, Lamar has been mostly contained with the Bills method of D.  Now, this year's team is so depleted of journeyman/star players, that executing that scheme may not be possible.  But, it has been done by the Bills in prior years.  Maybe Harbaugh and company have added new weapons and plays....lets hope we get to see that this year.

3 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Let's see how Lamar does against the Bills this year.  In past years, Lamar has been mostly contained with the Bills method of D.  Now, this year's team is so depleted of journeyman/star players, that executing that scheme may not be possible.  But, it has been done by the Bills in prior years.  Maybe Harbaugh and company have added new weapons and plays....lets hope we get to see that this year.

I'm more concerned with their defense than offense.

They're a big play defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.