Bills Game on Peacock- No Commercials in the 4th Quarter !

jethro_tull

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

On the NFL Network replay there was quite a bit of fluff where commercials were normally.  Was that the same in original broadcast which did not pay for?

Call me Scrooge if you wish.

The term "commercial " did a lot of heavy lifting here

9 hours ago, chongli said:

I watched it thru NFL+ and the stream was horrible. Nearly the entire game was about five seconds of action followed by a one-second freeze-up. After a while, they'd catch up by skipping an entire play. And then, in the fourth quarter, it just stopped and left a "Subscribe" button. So I had to log back in again to see the end of the game.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Only watched the condensed version this morning which is similar I guess. Should be the way for all these companies who charge you a subscription to watch a game. They could just do sponsorship blurbs or side by side cast to the game.  

If it’s free for me, load up the commercials non stop. 

Something I just thought of:

There is a good chance Buffalo will NOT be on the Peacock game Saturday primetime for Super Wild Card Weekend, as NBC wants to get a new team's fans to subscribe to Peacock. They already have the Buffalo fans around the county, and hope they forget to unsubscribe.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought it was terrible.  At first picture was fuzzy killed the app restarted and picture was better.  Seemed like the game was more,like condensed view even live.  I tried to sync radio and video and never could get close.  Seems like radio guys would be talking about a play and the video would be showing next one.   I hope to never have the Bills ,on Peacock exclusive again.

I think I would rather watch the “Oh look, a bebu” commercial on a 2 minute loop every 15 minutes than be tortured with more of Collinsworth. Tirico must want to puncture his own eardrums by the end of the game. “Now here’s a guy who doesn’t remember the name of the insurance he’s selling and puts his fake mustache on crooked then calls a bird by a made up name… you’d never see Patrick Mahomes do that… cuz he’s my hero… and I use his bum like a coozie for my nose… and he peddles State Farm insurance…” 

On 12/24/2023 at 9:59 AM, WhoTom said:

I watched it thru NFL+ and the stream was horrible. Nearly the entire game was about five seconds of action followed by a one-second freeze-up. After a while, they'd catch up by skipping an entire play. And then, in the fourth quarter, it just stopped and left a "Subscribe" button. So I had to log back in again to see the end of the game.

NFL+ sucks. I tried it last year for the Bills Thursday night game & I don't get why anyone would pay to watch games on a phone.  I had the same problems you describe when I tried it last year.  

I ended up paying for Peacock and it only buffered once or twice.  At a break I shut it down & reloaded & almost caught up to real time.  However, at the end of the game I turned on the radio for the final minute or so and the radio was ahead of the stream by at least 20 seconds.  I put the radio on for the postgame but the Albany station, which had the pregame, cut the postgame off.  I ended up watching Maddy Glab's & Steve Tasker's postgame show on the internet.  

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

NFL+ sucks. I tried it last year for the Bills Thursday night game & I don't get why anyone would pay to watch games on a phone.  I had the same problems you describe when I tried it last year.  

I ended up paying for Peacock and it only buffered once or twice.  At a break I shut it down & reloaded & almost caught up to real time.  However, at the end of the game I turned on the radio for the final minute or so and the radio was ahead of the stream by at least 20 seconds.  I put the radio on for the postgame but the Albany station, which had the pregame, cut the postgame off.  I ended up watching Maddy Glab's & Steve Tasker's postgame show on the internet.  

I've only watched a couple of live games on NFL+ this season and, for the most part, they've been okay other than this one. I watch on my tablet, which, sitting on my lap, is about the same apparent size as my 42" TV across the room. But it's also nice for watching replays of games that I missed, whether watching the whole thing or the condensed version. I can watch those on a regular TV with a Firestick and the NFL+ app.

Merry Christmas Bills Fans!  A win is win and the Bills control their playoff destiny.  

My stream was somewhat blurry most of the time compared to youtube.  I am definitely complaining about this. 

Not sure which is which- hearing the crew blab or watch commercials.  I would have liked a live view of the field with the commentators keeping quiet.  Why they feel that there has to be constant gibberish I understand (because people tune out when there is silence) but I would like some silence between plays- or at least crowd noise. 

Lots of Bills fans at the game! 

Seems like the Bills are having a tougher time on the road this year compared to previous years. 

Two to go !  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.