When does the NFL come out with fines, I'm curious if crybaby Kermit mahoms and Andy Reed get fined?

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/referee-carl-cheffers-explains-critical-Offside-call-on-chiefs-wr-kadarius-toney/

From Chief Zebra:

“It’s one of those things we don’t want to be overly technical on, but when in his alignment he’s lined up over the ball, that’s something that we are going to call as offensive offside,” Cheffers explained. “So that’s what the down judge saw. He saw that the alignment was over the ball and that’s what he ruled on the field. That’s what he called.”

Usually a player will look over to the ref for alignment advice, so they’re not overly tedious on the call. However, Cheffers explained that Toney in this particular place was beyond a warning.

“If they looked for alignment advice, certainly we are going to give it to them. But ultimately, they are responsible for wherever they line up,” Cheffers added. “And, certainly, no warning is required, especially if they are lined up so far Offside where they’re actually blocking our view of the ball.

“So, we would give them some sort of a warning if it was anywhere close, but this particular one is beyond a warning.”

Alas, it was simply a foul in Cheffers’ eyes, and it’s tough to argue with his case when you see the replay.

“If it’s egregious enough, it would be beyond a warning. So really regardless of whether or not he was warned at other times during the day, if it was an egregious alignment to where he was over the ball – whether he had warnings or not – it would still be a foul,” Cheffers stated.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

PFT just tweeted that they have both been fined per sources,  but didnt know amounts 

Florio also reporting that they have been fined but no amounts.

It would be bizarre if they were fined less than Miles Garrett, who said similar things.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right bc Reid was saying the nfl should be embarrassed… for making the correct call. 

I wish they could fine Toney for, em, telling an "alternate truth" about what the officials said.  Nobody said they warned him but they didn't.

They said a warning was not needed, if you're blocking the LJ view of the damned ball you're Offside. 

OK they didn't say "damned".

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It would be bizarre if they were fined less than Miles Garrett, who said similar things.

I wish they could fine Toney for, em, telling an "alternate truth" about what the officials said.  Nobody said they warned him but they didn't.

They said a warning was not needed, if you're blocking the LJ view of the damned ball you're Offside. 

OK they didn't say "damned".

Yep I just saw where Toney said they lied to him 

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Likely they will get a fine as much as was awarded in antitrust suit and they will complain on the principle of it.

The jury awarded the USFL a symbolic $1 award, which was trebled according to antitrust law to $3. The total, including interest, came to $3.76.

Love it. 

I think not being able to criticize refs is the reason officiating is so awful today. 

But I just love that these golden boys finally get to share in the big stinking pike of adversity that the rest of us do. And they are NOT handling it like champs. 

10 minutes ago, boater said:

I don't have a bone to pick with Reid/Mahomes. I would have been satisfied with a lessor fine.

I guess Reid get the extra- since he's in a leadership position.

Reid got the extra because he backed up his player instead of the shield.  

I’m fine with it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.