Get ready for the College Super League!

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No restrictions on NIL. No more pretending to be amateur. Might just finish off the Big 12 and ACC.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/with-new-college-football-subdivision-proposal-ncaa-finally-admits-its-amateurism-model-is-dead/

I'm sorry. I thought that they were already all but finished.

• 3 weeks later...

As a Buffalo Bulls fan I don’t think it’s a bad thing let them go off on their own while the rest of NCAA college key word college football goes on while the Super League goes off to minor league football status. But that doesn’t make them NFL it’s still minor league football we will see if there are enough fans that want to pay steaming money to watch that in the future with a smaller number of schools fan bases. As a UB Bulls football fan I don’t care I actually welcome those schools leaving the rest of the NCAA. I am still not going to follow Alabama, Georgia or Michigan football over my own UB Bulls college football team. I was a luke warm college football fan growing up in Buffalo. I became more interested in college football in the early 1990’s when UB Stadium opened and then UB Bulls left independent FCS and joined the MAC FBS that is when I actually became more hardcore UB Bulls college football fan. Ralph Wilson running the Buffalo Bills into the ground also helped with that along with UB was 10 minutes from my house even though I never went to UB. I am a Canisius College alum in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

8 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

As a Buffalo Bulls fan I don’t think it’s a bad thing let them go off on their own while the rest of NCAA college key word college football goes on while the Super League goes off to minor league football status. But that doesn’t make them NFL it’s still minor league football we will see if there are enough fans that want to pay steaming money to watch that in the future with a smaller number of schools fan bases.

There will be enough fans.

Do not underestimate the following of the larger schools.

In parts of this country, college football is king.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2023 at 10:51 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

No restrictions on NIL. No more pretending to be amateur. Might just finish off the Big 12 and ACC.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/with-new-college-football-subdivision-proposal-ncaa-finally-admits-its-amateurism-model-is-dead/

I am so tired of the NCAA and their BS.

Its an outdated model/organization more concerned about holding onto power.

I have been advocating for the top schools to leave the NCAA since 2013.

This latest proposal hasn't changed my mind.

Everything being proposed can be done without NCAA involvement.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:33 PM, WEATHER DOT COM said:

College football is forever done.

This ND and Oregon “Bowl Game” is akin to a preseason NFL game. 

It means nothing and half of the best players on each team are sitting out.

I agree.  Between the million dollar NIL payouts, the transfer portal with guys switching schools at the drop of the hat, and then the end of season opt outs, college football has become a joke.  

I would guess that any player with a shot at being drafted has an insurance policy against a career threatening injury…therefore no need for these ridiculous opt outs.  

The NCAA should be embarrassed by all of the above.  

Edited by LabattBlue

Even the first playoff game I’m watching now has been terrible. The NCAA is the big loser so far this bowl season. The college football product is looking really bad. I miss the game I remember, back when everyone turned it up a notch for bowl season, and we saw good football. 

With the amount of money in college football I am surprised it has taken this long to split from the NCAA, especially since they have not had NCAA leadership for at least 20 years as far as championships. Football will need to fix the transfer portal and set up more basic NIL deals across teams but I think of handled well it will help the game as well as the students. The reason I am in support of the change is the NCAA for 40 years screwed the kids to benefit the schools. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.