McDermott's Two Minute Defense This Year vs Past Seasons

Scott7975

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And again you're talking about teams that are not particularly good on offense. Controlling the ball against the Bills and Scoring above their season average and winning.

Sorry every loss has at the end of the day been because the defense did not make one-stop they needed. 

2×vs. Philly, NE, NYJ special teams, Denver.  Jax shredded the Defence the 4th and Cincy at least a shot if one stop at the end.

Oh and after week 4 how many ints have the defense had?  Fumbles are arbitrary and can go either way.

Answer 2 bs. NYJ and deflected pass vs. Philly.  

Again, you are talking about stuff I didn't say.  How about this... First you don't jump into the middle of a discussion I am having with a specific person ignoring the entire context of it.  Then you don't argue with me about stuff I never said.

So you think the offense was fine turning the ball over 6 times in two games and not moving the ball for 3/4 of the game or not?  The rest of your text is just mumbo jumbo to hear yourself talk.

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

After the Miami game do you think our D has played good? It’s been one of the worst I the league over that stretch

Not particularly but what does that matter?  My argument was about "THE OFFENSE WAS NOT FINE FOR THOSE TWO GAMES."  Yes, I put that in caps because two people now haven't gotten the message.

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Again, you are talking about stuff I didn't say.  How about this... First you don't jump into the middle of a discussion I am having with a specific person ignoring the entire context of it.  Then you don't argue with me about stuff I never said.

So you think the offense was fine turning the ball over 6 times in two games and not moving the ball for 3/4 of the game or not?  The rest of your text is just mumbo jumbo to hear yourself talk.

And fine..... No idea who you were talking to, just responding to what you said that I don't agree with.  

Look at the full year and the issues on Defense.  The Davis tip int was 100% on him and cost the Bills 3-7 points (and not talked about).

Vs. NE they had one TO (and yep allowed NE to go 45 yards for a TD).  The other was on the last play of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:00 PM, Mister Defense said:

Thank you for this, as I  had wanted to know this important information.

I thought this was the case, as I cannot recall this happening very much under Frazier, with mainly the KC  playoff game coming to mind.

And I cannot recall ever feeling like I do now, that the defense was going to allow some late in game or over time drives to blow the game.

A huge reason why McDermott will not be the DC next year, and in my view, why Frazier is once again leading the defense.

widely know the rift w Frazier McDermott started when McDermott took over the play calling on D with 13s left so i wouldn't put that on Frazier..... and now seeing this makes even more obvious this is MCDermott's issue managing late in close game not doing the right things......

Was listening to pod casts and they where talking about late in the game basically Sean trusts his D more than his offense by the choices he is making and sending that message.... vs trusting the guy you gave a truck load of money to nd has unicorn qualities ......

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 9:15 PM, JTown said:

I have been saying this since the 13 second debacle.  Welcome aboard.

I appreciate the positive  changes McClappy has made during his tenure here, but it's clear that his playing not to lose defensive strategies only result in losses.  It's that simple. 

I personally think he unequivocally has to go sooner rather than later.   

I have seen very little humility from a leader who has preached "humble and hungry " for the last 7 years.

Conversely, McClappy has come across as one who is never accountable.  I think that he honestly thinks his defensive strategies work and continues to allow opponents to shred him in the 3rd and 4th qtrs.  Yet he refuses to change or adjust.  Pure arrogance and quite frankly pretty stupid IMO. 

I'm currently watching the Sea v Dal game and I will tell you right now that the Bills D will not be able to stop the Dallas O.  It will be ugly. 

A few hours before kick off, do you still believe that the cowboys will dominate the Bills today? If so, how "ugly" do you think it will be for the Bills at home?

What makes you think this time it will be dramatically different for Zak and the girls (than their history suggests) so that they don't just beat a good team and defense on the road but beat up on the Bills defense?

I don't feel good about this game.

I'm a Bills fanatic since 72.   STH when I lived there, so of course I am hoping for a win.  

Losing AJE is going to be a huge loss.  If the D cannot pressure Dak, it will be ugly.

I think the weather may play in our favor of we don't turn the ball over.  The Dallas D will absolutely pressure Josh.  Book it.  

I hope Dallas doesn't establish the run game early as I think that would lead to a blow out.

Go Bills. 

I ref to Dallas not winning on the road,  didn't they just go to Philly and beat them by two scores?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JTown said:

I don't feel good about this game.

I'm a Bills fanatic since 72.   STH when I lived there, so of course I am hoping for a win.  

Losing AJE is going to be a huge loss.  If the D cannot pressure Dak, it will be ugly.

I think the weather may play in our favor of we don't turn the ball over.  The Dallas D will absolutely pressure Josh.  Book it.  

I hope Dallas doesn't establish the run game early as I think that would lead to a blow out.

Go Bills. 

I ref to Dallas not winning on the road,  didn't they just go to Philly and beat them by two scores?

An "ugly", "blowout", well, yeah, you just got the teams mixed up--and all of the details.

It seems you haven't been watching the Bills much lately--and didn't know anything at all about the girls' history either.

You will come around soon, hopefully, and get on board.

There was zero chance of dallas dominating the Bills.  Zero.

1 minute ago, Mister Defense said:

An "ugly", "blowout", well, yeah, you just got the teams mixed up--and all of the details.

It seems you haven't been watching the Bills much lately--and didn't know anything at all about the girls' history either.

You should have called him out before the game if it was all so obvious to you. 

9 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

The only thing that I got wrong was that the Dallas D would pressure Josh.  In fact, they did, Parsons forces Josh to dirt the ball, and throw it away several times.  He played a smart game and handed the ball off.

When was the last time Josh threw the ball 11 times in a game?

I will help you.    NEVER!

I also said that the weather would favor the Bills. 

It did.

I guess you knew that the Bills were going to run the ball and stay committed to the run the entire game.   Which they have never done in the Allen era. 

Great offensive and defensive game plan by the Bills.  

If you try to tell me that there was no chance Dallas could have dominated that game you are a fool. 

I guess that I am the only Bills fan that didn't have a good feeling about that game.

1 hour ago, JTown said:

The only thing that I got wrong was that the Dallas D would pressure Josh.  In fact, they did, Parsons forces Josh to dirt the ball, and throw it away several times.  He played a smart game and handed the ball off.

It did.

I guess you knew that the Bills were going to run the ball and stay committed to the run the entire game.   Which they have never done in the Allen era. 

If you try to tell me that there was no chance Dallas could have dominated that game you are a fool. 

I guess that I am the only Bills fan that didn't have a good feeling about that game.

Lol

Yeah, Josh was under a lot of pressure this game!!  You silly goose--they didn't throw the ball much because they were completely dominating that 'scary' defense that you kept saying was going to decimate the Bills, that they would humiliate them at home, beating them in an "ugly" manner.

To come back now and say how well Parsons played, that he was pressuring Allen  in a meaningful way is  extremely laughable.  He was a non factor--TWO tackles, no sacks, 1-? pressure.

No reason at all for the Bills, one of the top three teams in the NFL, to fear a QB has proven that he cannot play well against good teams, good defenses, year after year, and a fact that is even more pronounced when it matters most--in December.

I fully expected the Bills to run and run and run yesterday, as that is the way the Bills new season, AD, has been progressing--they had become the best running team in the league in the AD stretch.  So not a coincidence.  Check out my posts from this period and all year (and last) about running the ball being the key to the Bills success, and a missing element under Dorsey.

You got it all wrong--the Bills handed the girls one of their worse defeats in their history, with so many before the game saying the same silly non supported things that you were.

It is the Bills who are the great scary team--and the one capable of beating any team in the NFL in the ugly manner they beat up on the girls.

Get on board, throw away the girls' posters, clear your head and jump on the bandwagon again that so many others will now jump on.   Once Dorsey was fired I said the team would quickly rise to their potential and they are doing that.

So  have confidence in the Bills now, one of the top teams in football and a clear championship contender. 

10 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

You should have called him out before the game if it was all so obvious to you. 

I did--check out this thread to see that.

Edited by Mister Defense

53 minutes ago, JTown said:

You obviously can't  read.

You are a moron.

Example:  I said "the only thing that I got wrong was that the Dallas D would pressure Josh. " 

Admitting I was wrong about that point.  However, Parsons did pressure Josh.  

Show me where I said how well Parsons played.  

Show me where you predicted the Bills would " run, run and run.

(I'm not talking about score predictions. )

How are the Bills a top 3 team in the league when they don't control their own destiny and are not in they playoffs?

If they are a top 3 team in the league,  why did they lose 6 games ?

Losses to the Jets and Patriots.   Really ?

Bandwagon my a$$  I've been supporting this team longer than you have been alive.   

I said I didn't have a good feeling going into the game and if we didn't stop their run, it could be ugly.

Nope, you said it was going to be ugly. And you meant, from the context of your posts, that Dallas was going to dominate the Bills in an ugly way--crystal clear. You are entitled to your opinion, but hopefully in the future you back yourself up with something more than a feeling in your bones. And then don't misrepresent what you have said, when it is clear as day, right in front of our eyes.

And then you said this:  "The only thing that I got wrong was that the Dallas D would pressure Josh.  In fact, they did, Parsons forces Josh to dirt the ball, and throw it away several times.  He played a smart game and handed the ball off."

That certainly sounds like someone saying that Micah and the girls DID pressure Allen effectively--and then you add that the Bills and Allen responded to that extreme pressure by then playing a smart game and "handed the ball off".

Your writing and logic (and attack) are as sound as your prediction. What one would expect reading these posts of yours...

Maybe you will still get a chance to prove you are right, that the Bills cannot even compete with the girls, if they both get to the Super Bowl--but unfortunately for you, one of them ain't going, has no chance. They are the same old girls I warned you about after you first said how ugly the girls were going to beat our Bills.

So take down the Zak and Micah posters, and latch onto this team, and  jump on the bandwagon of this running, throwing, disciplined, extremely well coached, physically bruising team capable of beating anyone now. That is how the girls were portrayed--but you and others had it all wrong.

Edited by Mister Defense

On 11/29/2023 at 8:23 PM, Scott7975 said:

I seen these on twitter today.  Not sure if they have been posted somewhere here or not but I thought people would find them interesting

That's the thing that none of the McD haters hear care to look at the guy learns & makes changes every season as it pertains to the previous season & where they need to get better or at the very least try to make it better but the FANS don't care to see that they just want him fired .

The fact is the guy as far as a HC goes is still a youngster when it comes to doing what he is doing, which for those that don't care he is doing a pretty dam good job at despite some of the pit falls that most HC's go through before be able to earn a spot to put there name on a Lombardi trophy .

I believe if given the chance McD & company will hold the Lombardi with all their names attached to it for ever !! GO BILLS !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:23 PM, Scott7975 said:

I seen these on twitter today.  Not sure if they have been posted somewhere here or not but I thought people would find them interesting

So the fact that he’s traditionally been good would essentially debunk the Tyler Dunne narrative that the he gets too “tight” in late game situations.

This season has been quite been odd in one score games to say the least.   I’be always said it shouldn’t all be on McDermott in these situations.  Of course you can find fault in the play calls in the situation but you also can’t overlook the individual breakdowns either.  

NE: defense couldn’t tackle Stevenson on a screen and defenders gave NE cheap yards on PI penalties.

CIN: Failed to get off the field in 3rd and 3 when Von lost contain on Joe Mixon.

DEN:  Denver was stopped on 4th down at midfield before a  PI penalty put them in FG range.   (12 men on field still inexcusible)

PHIL: Scheme could have been better but lost lead on a percentage FG in regulation.  Overtime defense was a cluster.  

The most frustrating part is that right before the game winning score, Josh drove the Bills down the field to take the lead.  So incredibly frustrating.   

On 12/18/2023 at 9:32 AM, JTown said:

It did.

Dan Orlavsky talked about the game plan on One Bills Drive as praised Dorsey.  He said the Bills chose run away from and to not block Parsons and put him in conflict.   They could do this because of Josh Allen - but he also said Detroit tried this same approach on Maxx Crosby and it was a disaster.  

I can’t remember a time when Dorsey had such a creative game plan that worked to perfection like this.  Joe Brady is a smart guy

On 12/1/2023 at 10:32 AM, Scott7975 said:

I was a fan of Frazier and thought he was an excellent coach despite 13 seconds.  I actually think the 13 seconds was on McD but who knows.  Sometimes I was not a fan of how they played off the ball but overall he was a good coach.

It wasn't so much playing off the ball that led to the 13 seconds debacle, but as i recall KC had their timeouts, but Buffalo set the D in offcoverage in addition to playing to deny the sideline and leave the middle completely open, well except for Edmunds who Mahomes would manipulate with his eyes like a laser pointer to a cat. That was the problem, the clock was NEVER an issue, why were they defending wide to the sidelines and leave all the inside leverage which lets you run the quickest possible chunk plays? It was absolutely the dumbest thing and if it was in fact Frazier calling that, then he needed to go. The Bills El Foldo Late Game Defense is not a novel thing for 2023.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.