RIP Henry Kissinger, age 100

Wacka

this is random as **** but absolutely truth. In 1976 I was a foreign exchange student in Oruro Bolivia. For whatever reason Mr Kissinger made an appearance there in the plaza central. So I went to see him. The secret service members were swearing like sailors. There was zero crowd control the locals were swarming his armored car like crazy

I was standing back just taking it all in.I stood out there being blonde in a country mostly inhabited with dark haired people. Anyway Im standing there and someone came from behind me and goosed me as hard as you can imagine. WTF I turned around and couldn't see who had did it.

i surmised that someone there did Not approve of either Kissinger OR any other gringo Americaanos  either. 

RIP

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

my cousin was his wife's secret service agent.  Met her at his funeral in Lewiston  (Cancer, 30's).  Super nice.  Cried a lot.  That said he did bad things to Chile.  They despise him.  He was all for uS at 3rd world expense but exceedingly brilliant and did much for our country.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

6 hours ago, boater said:

People are celebrating his passing. The world is full of sick people.

100 years was a good run. RIP.

He's a war criminal responsible for possibly more catastrophe and misery than any other American figure.  I didn't celebrate only because it didn't feel like a victory, dude lived a long time and never was held accountable.

Anthony Bourdain probably said it best...

Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking. Witness what Henry did in Cambodia – the fruits of his genius for statesmanship – and you will never understand why he’s not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević.

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

On 11/30/2023 at 12:23 PM, muppy said:

this is random as **** but absolutely truth. In 1976 I was a foreign exchange student in Oruro Bolivia. For whatever reason Mr Kissinger made an appearance there in the plaza central. So I went to see him. The secret service members were swearing like sailors. There was zero crowd control the locals were swarming his armored car like crazy

I was standing back just taking it all in.I stood out there being blonde in a country mostly inhabited with dark haired people. Anyway Im standing there and someone came from behind me and goosed me as hard as you can imagine. WTF I turned around and couldn't see who had did it.

i surmised that someone there did Not approve of either Kissinger OR any other gringo Americaanos  either. 

RIP

Which foreign exchange cartel were you with, Muppalita? 

Ps: Remember I don’t know nothing and have never seen your face. 

I do not like to speak ill of the dead. 

I also do not shed a single tear when war criminals -- responsible for millions of human deaths and countless amounts of human suffering -- die, especially at age 100.

So long, Henry. I hope that the fate which befalls you in the great hereafter is one perfectly befitting of a person who lived the life you lived.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Which foreign exchange cartel were you with, Muppalita? 

Ps: Remember I don’t know nothing and have never seen your face. 

ROTARY International. It was one of the best experiences of my life

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.