Dorian Williams

Riverboat Ritchie

9 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

I know he is a rookie but why wasn’t he in over Dodson to shadow Hurts?  When it became apparent they were running to outside and Hurts taking off more, seems like he would have been better for that role. 

Maybe because the spy role they’ve had him do on the two Wilson’s wasn’t exactly that great… Hurts is a different level of runner. 

Posted this in the game day thread that how they got pretty much zero pressure from that left end position against a backup rotational lineman is baffling more to me than anything else on defense. 

🤷‍♂️

Just now, BBFL said:

Posted this in the game day thread that how they got pretty much zero pressure from that left end position against a backup rotational lineman is baffling more to me than anything else on defense. 

I don't think their primary goal was always necessarily pressure.

Disciplined rush lanes, keeping Hurts in the pocket and making him play QB was the game plan and it worked until they started to lose that discipline up front, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BBFL said:

Maybe because the spy role they’ve had him do on the two Wilson’s wasn’t exactly that great… Hurts is a different level of runner. 

I think your premise is false, the only one who didn’t DOMINATE their RT was Von, who needs to sit the F down.  Groot single handely  destroyed a drive, and 56 looked like LY out there, then they roll out Von who let’s a DT off his couch for 2 weeks out hustle him to the QB on the sidelines, he looks like Chit, let’s just call it what it is and make him inactive. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Disciplined rush lanes, keeping Hurts in the pocket and making him play QB was the game plan and it worked until they started to lose that discipline up front, imo.

Yeah you’re right. Right up until the defense needed to play like it really mattered and then they were no longer doing their jobs. They didn’t provide a pass rush. And they definitely didn’t contain Hurts. 

21 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

I know he is a rookie but why wasn’t he in over Dodson to shadow Hurts?  When it became apparent they were running to outside and Hurts taking off more, seems like he would have been better for that role. 

Because he gets schemed against successfully when he plays.  He needs more time to develop.   

10 minutes ago, BBFL said:

🤷‍♂️

I do wonder if at a certain point they realized no one was calling holding.

Just now, DCofNC said:

I think your premise is false, the only one who didn’t DOMINATE their RT was Von, who needs to sit the F down.  Groot single handely  destroyed a drive, and 56 looked like LY out there, then they roll out Von who let’s a DT off his couch for 2 weeks out hustle him to the QB on the sidelines, he looks like Chit, let’s just call it what it is and make him inactive. 

Could have fooled me as whole. The whole defense got one QB hit and it wasn’t like they were all quick hitters like the final drive in OT.

Groots best plays came against the run where he engaged, held up his matchup, disengaged and made the play.

Got shredded in the passing game as a whole in the final 29 minutes of game time…

You give any decent pass rush one on ones against a backup lineman who’s been spotty in his fill in time during his career and there’s usually some advantageous moments. Not many came from that side of the field is all I’m saying… 

23 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Because Philly is a run first team and Dodson plays the run well. I have no issues with Dodson the last few weeks. 

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

Could have fooled me as whole. The whole defense got one QB hit and it wasn’t like they were all quick hitters like the final drive in OT.

Groots best plays came against the run where he engaged, held up his matchup, disengaged and made the play.

Got shredded in the passing game as a whole in the final 29 minutes of game time…

You give any decent pass rush one on ones against a backup lineman who’s been spotty in his fill in time during his career and there’s usually some advantageous moments. Not many came from that side of the field is all I’m saying… 

Literally THE FIRST play of the game, the second play was influenced as was the third. 

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

Respect you but please tell me you aren't in politics😅

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.