YOU make the call!

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

That an interception.

If the ball is loose before he "survives the ground", then it can't be down by contact or a fumble.

So it has to be interception or incomplete. But it's not incomplete. Ball never touched the ground.

Interception!

ultimately, I don’t know the college rule but in the pros it’s an interception as described. 

the only alternative is he survived the fall and was technically down before the ball pops out.

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Without seeing the actual play, it sounds like an interception to me. There doesn't seem to be a time element at all for a completed catch and down by contact with ground. With no element of time and the ball never touching the ground I would rule as an interception. 

I see you’ve been paying attention to the broadcast refs in the past week.  I don’t know that I’ve ever heard this mention of ‘time element’ before but have now heard it several times in the last week.

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This happened in the NH state football championship yesterday  Fortunately it did not end up impacting the outcome. But I'm interested in how everyone here would call this if they were the official.

A pass hits a receiver on the hands. Both hands remain on the ball as the player goes to the ground, but the ball jars loose when the receiver hits the ground. The ball pops up and never hits the ground before it's grabbed by a defender.

Is it a) a catch or b) an interception?

Should be a catch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.