Low hanging fruit Santos

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 11:15 AM, John from Riverside said:

The ethics GOP chair put in a resolution to expel him. What do you thinks gonna happen?

He should have never been able to sit in the seat !! After finding out all the lies he told to get the seat why would any one in their right mind find it acceptable to put him in such a place as a gov't official to look out for the people that voted for him on a platform of nothing but lies ?? 

His expulsion is a little to late & they should make hi a example .

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

MAGA TEARS

All the Republican leadership voted to keep him, he shouldn't have lasted the year he did.

Whining about the 3 seat majority, then don't let an obvious conman win the primary so you don't have to worry about his many crimes getting them kicked out or ruining their shot to win.....this may be relevant for something coming up next year.

• Like (+1) 1

"Is it embarrassing that Santos was elected in the first place? Yes. But that’s democracy. Sometimes voters make mistakes."

"The role of members of Congress is to represent their constituents, not to overturn the will of the voters just because they believe those voters have acted unwisely."

Writes Adam Serwer, in "Expelling George Santos Was a Mistake/Forcing the New York representative out of the House after a conviction would have been justified; pushing him out beforehand is not" (The Atlantic).

I agree. The man was elected by the people of a small geographic area who have a chance every 2 years to pick some human being to represent them. If they picked a big clown, that's democracy for you. Deal with it. Hope that the other clowns are lesser clowns and can balance things out. Santos wasn't important, and fussing over him was always, as I see it, distraction. Distraction, too, is democracy. I get that.

by Ann Althouse 

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2023/12/is-it-embarrassing-that-santos-was.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/12/george-santos-expulsion-congress-mistake/676210/