List of most outlandish losses

Marlton Bills

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

There was a point in the 2000’s where the Bills lost to Jax(Ernest Wilford), Denver(Elam FG) or the Jets(KO return, name escapes me) either on the last play of the game or close to it.  I believe all 3 were home openers, or at least September games. 

All heartbreakers. 😞

Ugh. I remember all 3.  Was at the Jax game....The Denver run on the field FG last Monday reminded me of that Elam game.  Much the same ending except the Broncos didn't plan for a run on the first time and just barley got the game winning kick off.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

On 11/15/2023 at 12:50 PM, Real McClappy said:

Add this one to the mix against the Browns we lost 34-30 in divisional round. Harmon is such a tool.

Go to 48secs in vid.

This was my first year as a bills fans.  I was in my friends living room watching this.  I think I was in 3rd grade but its crazy how vivid this memory is.

1 haven't seen mentioned is this titans game christams eve 2006. Robert royal inexplicably didn't get his feet down on a great trick play, bills elected not to kick the 45 yard fg and put the ball in jps hand on 4th and 5.  Pick.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sure a lot of teams fans could compile such a list. We don’t remember those because it’s not our team. The Dallas Monday night game was lost because the Bills couldn’t cover an onside kick; it wasn’t a McKevin fumble. That was a SNF game vs the Patriots.( Both games were QB’d by the great Trent Edwards I believe ) In the end, the Bills offense didn’t score enough points off the takeaways provided by the defense that night. 

Back when it was announced that Denver had hired Sean Payton as their new HC, a big name NFL pundit  whom I can't remember (may have been Peter King from SI) said something to the effect of: "Sean is a good enough coach that simply being on the team will be good for 1 win per season that the Broncos otherwise wouldn't have."

At that moment, I thought, "If that's true, McDermott has to be worth 1 to 2 LOSSES per year, simply by being the head coach.

This thread documents that I wasn't really wrong.

• Agree 1

On 11/15/2023 at 6:06 AM, billsbackto81 said:

The NE game, UGH! Remember that one. Me and my best friend were dancing like school girls after the go ahead TD.🤣 

When McKelvin took the ball out on the kickoff instead of downing it I swear me and my friend looked at each other and simultaneously said "Oh No!

Being Bills fans we subconsciously knew what was about to happen. 

Honestly I was ok with the decision to run it back because iirc there was something like 2:04 on the clock, and the runback gets it to the 2-minute warning instead of hitting it right after the first down dive into the line for a "free" timeout. Situationally it was the right move, I do disagree with the decision to fumble it however. "Get what you can and GET DOWN" needed to be stressed there.

After lurking for years and reading these boards, this thread finally prompted me to create an account. I'm 4.5 hours from Orchard Park and have been going to games since 1998. It's a running joke within my circle of friends about all of the horrible Bills losses that I've been to. In no particular order:

The first game I attended was the home opener in 98. Tony Banks let the Rams back from 18 down to sneak in the GW TD with 12 seconds to go

2004 - Get beat by the Steelers 2nd and 3rd string to keep the Bills out of the Playoffs.

2007 - The Cowboys Monday night debacle. Force 6 TO's and lose. Got a speeding ticket on the way home. 

2009 - Cleveland game 6-3. If you want anybody to hate the game of football, show them this game. Derek Anderson 2-17, 23 yards and got the WIN

2010- Steelers game. Steve Johnson blames his crucial loss on God. 

I feel like I'm missing one or two other bad ones, but these stick out. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:20 AM, section122 said:

This was my first year as a bills fans.  I was in my friends living room watching this.  I think I was in 3rd grade but its crazy how vivid this memory is.

1 haven't seen mentioned is this titans game christams eve 2006. Robert royal inexplicably didn't get his feet down on a great trick play, bills elected not to kick the 45 yard fg and put the ball in jps hand on 4th and 5.  Pick.

I thought I had successfully erased that game from my memory files. 

That game has Billsy written ALL over it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.