I’m scared to fire McDermott.

McBean

I think things would need to get really ugly in the lockerroom (and on the field) in order for Pegula to consider moving on from McDermott.

The best thing to hope for, if hoping for change, is a good-faith effort to hire good coordinators on both sides of the ball (and obviously includes replacing Dorsey).

As far as a house cleaning like many want/suggest, and I am open to it.  Sure....  But I have less than zero faith in Terry Pegula in hiring a new head coach or GM or anything.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I think things would need to get really ugly in the lockerroom (and on the field) in order for Pegula to consider moving on from McDermott.

The best thing to hope for, if hoping for change, is a good-faith effort to hire good coordinators on both sides of the ball (and obviously replacing Dorsey).

As far as a house cleaning like many want/suggest, and I am open to it.  Sure....  But I have less than zero faith in Terry Pegula in hiring a new head coach or GM or anything.  

Ugly in Locker room?

look at Diggs and what happened this off season. Direct correlation to my post. Diggs knows.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

I agree but the question is...who is our Phil Jackson?

I don't see this guy on the current staff 

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

OC Kellen Moore Chargers. 

OC Bienemy Commanders. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. And he’ll get a chance to fix it.

why?  The trend is downward.  Why give him another shot.  He is wasting JA.  He's proven he can't get it done.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Previous coaches never had Josh Allen. That’s a huge difference. McDermot might not be here if we didn’t have Allen

Thank. You.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

OC Bienemy Commanders. 

why?  The trend is downward.  Why give him another shot.  He is wasting JA.  He's proven he can't get it done.  

Keep preaching. 

Love it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

In fairness, these are the only 2 I'd give a chance from that list.

But I dont know squat. I admittedly wasnt aware of McDermott before the consultants found him, so who knows who else might be kicking around.

That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Folks always come back with that argument when talking about firing coaches. "oh yeah? who are you hiring that's so great?!?"

Not our job to answer that question.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

OC Johnson from Det.  

OC Johnson from PHL.  

OC Bienemy Commanders. 

Why not? He built a top team before. Why wouldn’t you want him to build another one? 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why not? He built a top team before. Why wouldn’t you want him to build another one? 

When did he build a "top team."  A team that made 1 AFC Championship game and then regressed tremendously.  You don't keep that coach around.  

1 minute ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

McDermott also made the playoffs with Tyrod. Look around the league. Lots of failure and not many HCs who win consistently. We have a top 5 coach. You want to throw that away to take a chance on someone else who may or may not succeed? Unreal.

McD LUCKED into the playoffs with Tyrod.  And then did what: lost.  Losing playoff games is not getting it done.  We do not have a top 5 coach.  

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

In fairness, these are the only 2 I'd give a chance from that list.

But I dont know squat. I admittedly wasnt aware of McDermott before the consultants found him, so who knows who else might be kicking around.

That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Folks always come back with that argument when talking about firing coaches. "oh yeah? who are you hiring that's so great?!?"

Not our job to answer that question.

who would be your picks from that list.  Mine would be the Johnsons.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

The real time to let him go was after 13 seconds, I was not for that, hindsight is 20/20.  Having said that I have the same feelings, just to summarize, I believe the Bills are less likely to get worse with this team with new coaching than I do they keep up what we are seeing or possibly be better.  I like the odds with Josh Allen.  I would go out on a limb and say that if some of our previous head coaches had this roster, they would be doing just as well and possibly betterthan McDermott.  I'm seeing very little out of a team with so much talent, and that goes straight to the coach.  If sick of the heavily used cap $ and draft capital to bolster the defense over and over.  After 13 seconds was the right time, but it is clear to me in my opinion at this point if we miss the playoffs McDermott should go.  I don't think we can do much worse with this roster and a new offensive minded coach.  I do however, understand the other half of our fan base being "scared".  A 18 year playoff drought will do that to a loyal fan base.  I for one, just want to see 1 Suberbowl victory before I die and Josh Allen is not getting any younger either.  I'm willing to take the gamble

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

His team is playing so poorly that he might be available soon.  Do you want him as HC?

I've been back and forth on this, I've seen the Giants' struggles so I know what you mean, and I think I'm ultimately going to land on "yes, I'd rather have Dabol than McD".

I think it's mostly a talent issue in NJ right now. And we have far better talent across the board. Plus we have a Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.