TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

14 points is not a safe lead in this league nowadays. Need to be at least 3 scores up with 4-5min left before you can breathe easy.

Great they scored out of the gate to start the second half. Otherwise we lose.

Would have been nice to get into FG range any time after that is all I'm sayin.

14pts is a nice lead, but a 2 score lead is 1 TD from them being right at your throat again, 3 score and even if they do that you still have a gap to try and recover it or at least maintain the gap.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

14 points is not a safe lead in this league nowadays. Need to be at least 3 scores up with 4-5min left before you can breathe easy.

Great they scored out of the gate to start the second half. Otherwise we lose.

Would have been nice to get into FG range any time after that is all I'm sayin.

I get that. No one is really disputing that. I thought overall it was a good offensive performance and a good team win. Was it perfect? No Could they have put up more points to win easily? Yes Did they win an important game? Yes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

former NFL WR Donte Stallworth claims the Bills D "executed the defense of the Hail Mary perfectly".  But what the hell does he know?

Another interesting point, haven't seen the interview but heard it on WGR earlier, Godwin said the bills pressed him at the line and he couldn't get into position on time which is why he was late to get into the stack that they had set up.

13 minutes ago, Success said:

It's possible that I've never had a stronger, more vocal reaction to a sporting event than when Phillips got that facemask penalty.

That's really saying something.

Do you mean the crowd reaction live? Were you there? what was it like?

30 minutes ago, Success said:

It's possible that I've never had a stronger, more vocal reaction to a sporting event than when Phillips got that facemask penalty.

That's really saying something.

I screamed but I still didn't think the Bills would lose. 

My most recent roller coaster ride was the 13 sec game. Not sure I'm fully recovered from that to be honest. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I screamed but I still didn't think the Bills would lose. 

My most recent roller coaster ride was the 13 sec game. Not sure I'm fully recovered from that to be honest. 

I don't think I'll ever be really OVER that one, but it doesn't rile me up anymore.  The 'what ifs' will always be there.

But I'm in a place now where I truly appreciate how amazing that game was.  Best Bills game I've ever seen, and best game by a QB, even though we lost. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

What? WTH are you talking about? Bass was perfect. All the snaps were perfect. Kick returns were exciting! The punting was fantastic! What the hell game did you watch??

The one where we had flipped the field but penalties on punt returns flipped the field back in Tampas favor.  Bass made his field goals, but was kickoffs were short.  Maybe that was by design, I don't know.  Coverage was good. Punts were excellent.

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

That was the stupidest play of the game. You are up 14 knocking on field goal range and the clock is your friend why snap the ball before the quarter ends and effectively extend the game.

At worst you let the quarter run out and just run the ball and tick 40+ seconds off the game. Instead you take a sack and the game is 40 seconds longer

I'm guessing Morse snapped the football because the defender was Offside or he at least thought so.

• Agree 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I'm guessing Morse snapped the football because the defender was Offside or he at least thought so.

I get being aggressive but that's not the time to try to do something "cute". You are up 14 you have the ball just outside of field goal range on a 2nd and short. A field goal plus a couple more minutes off the clock sets you up to really win the game with a 3 possession lead with limited time left and a defense playing well. McD and Dorsey should have just let the quarter run out. You then even if they fail to convert 1.5 yards on two downs shorten the game by about 90 seconds (80 seconds on the play clock plus about 10 seconds it takes to run the plays) instead they extend a game and make it a much more difficult conversion. Two QB sneaks should get you the yards and once again allow you to grind some more clock and put Bass into FG range. 

Easily could have been a moment where you look up and there's only 11-12 minutes left and the Bills are up 17. Instead Tampa keeps it two scores and made it more tense than it needed to be. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I get being aggressive but that's not the time to try to do something "cute". You are up 14 you have the ball just outside of field goal range on a 2nd and short. A field goal plus a couple more minutes off the clock sets you up to really win the game with a 3 possession lead with limited time left and a defense playing well. McD and Dorsey should have just let the quarter run out. You then even if they fail to convert 1.5 yards on two downs shorten the game by about 90 seconds (80 seconds on the play clock plus about 10 seconds it takes to run the plays) instead they extend a game and make it a much more difficult conversion. Two QB sneaks should get you the yards and once again allow you to grind some more clock and put Bass into FG range. 

Easily could have been a moment where you look up and there's only 11-12 minutes left and the Bills are up 17. Instead Tampa keeps it two scores and made it more tense than it needed to be. 

I get your point of view and I think it's fine.  I also think it's fine what they did.  Allen has drawn the Offside many times.  People just only remember that it looks like a waste of time when they don't or if something bad happens.  It was unfortunate but I am not bothered by it.  Also not bothered by your point of view either.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I get your point of view and I think it's fine.  I also think it's fine what they did.  Allen has drawn the Offside many times.  People just only remember that it looks like a waste of time when they don't or if something bad happens.  It was unfortunate but I am not bothered by it.  Also not bothered by your point of view either.

I get your point of view and I understand being "aggressive". But just to sum it up one more time, with the clock on your side and only needing a field goal to make it a three-score lead the risk of something happening on that snap (as it did) was not worth the reward of getting 5 free yards. Just let the clock run out and shorten the game by another 40 seconds. I think the 100% chance of grinding off another 40 seconds at minimum was a better thing to do than the 5% chance you may get someone off-sides. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

I don't think I'll ever be really OVER that one, but it doesn't rile me up anymore.  The 'what ifs' will always be there.

But I'm in a place now where I truly appreciate how amazing that game was.  Best Bills game I've ever seen, and best game by a QB, even though we lost. 

To be honest I haven't seen a replay of the game. I just can't bare myself to watch it. Just too painful. 

1 minute ago, major said:

Neither has our team and coaches 

That's probably true too. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

To be honest I haven't seen a replay of the game. I just can't bare myself to watch it. Just too painful. 

I wont be able to watch it until we win a SB. Same with most clips from the 90s, and especially The Four Falls of Buffalo movie. Can't/Won't watch until after we win.

Maybe someday.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.