Bud Light and UFC reach record partnership deal

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/38734796/sources-bud-light-rejoins-ufc-record-sponsorship-deal

OMG I can’t believe UFC wants children to get trans surgeries!!!

And Dana White, major conservative, says their core values align!

Have we decided if any fighter who agrees to fight in the Octagon with the Bud Light logo on it should be considered pro-trans?  

I can’t believe they did this after all the activism against…something! 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

So Bud Light in an attempt to salvage its brand dumps a record sponsorship in the lap of UFC.  

This clearly means that UFC isn't transphobic.

Dylan Mulvaney can be the ring girl!

It's  amazing how core values magically align after all those zeroes and commas

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

So Bud Light in an attempt to salvage its brand dumps a record sponsorship in the lap of UFC.  

Are you transphobic? 

• Vomit 1

Bud Light threw up on themselves and, in the phrasing of the genius that promoted Mr Mulvaney, told their customers they didn’t like them. Bud Light paid a very substantial price for it. Now they can attempt to recover, which they will. It was never going into perpetuity. 

What won’t recover is skillet’s reputation for sardonic commentary. Exceedingly weak and un-clever effort on his part. Frankish probably likes it. They seem to have a similar bent for “wit”. 

Edited by JDHillFan
Correcting a mess
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Wait aren’t you going to cancel the UFC now to?

19 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Yup…it’s almost as if all of this stuff is just about money and not actually about making some kind of political or cultural statement. 

18 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Bud Light threw up on themselves and, in the phrasing of the genius that promoted Mr Mulvaney, told their customers they didn’t like them. Bud Light paid a very substantial price for it. Now they can attempt to recover, which they will. It was never going into perpetuity. 

What won’t recover is skillet’s reputation for sardonic commentary. Exceedingly weak and un-clever effort on his part. Frankish probably likes it. They seem to have a similar bent for “wit”. 

Buddy I’ll take that over just constantly regurgitating whatever Fox News tells you to think. 

14 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Taking money from Bud Light is not the same thing as giving them money. If Bud Light wants to give me a ton of money I will take there money also.

Oh we’re in lockstep about this. I totally agree that this whole thing was never about values or principles. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

20 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yup…it’s almost as if all of this stuff is just about money and not actually about making some kind of political or cultural statement. 

The Dylan Mulvaney fiasco initially was about both money (marketing to satisfy ESG scores) and political/cultural (bowing to woke transgender ideology).

Once the brand predictably fell off a cliff it became all about money and AB distancing themselves or firing all involved.

The Bud Light fiasco was never about "transing" anyone, because Bud Light is beer and it is marketed to adults. The issue here is with companies, in their woke quest to satisfy ESG scores, asking their loyal adult customers to indulge the trans fantasy that men can become women.

The vast majority of people don't give a ***** what fantasy delusion Dylan Mulvaney or anyone else wants to indulge in. He can say he's a rock, a squirrel, a woman or a lilypad. Just stop demanding that sane people take any of it seriously. 

The forced trans bs is with kids. In schools. Hundreds of examples with documentation have been posted here in recent months.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Rumors saying its 100 million a year deal.  Who would say no thank you to that?  that's in business to make money?

This little nugget is interesting.  

Under the new agreement, which starts in January, Anheuser-Busch Inbev (NYSE: BUD) will be UFC’s global beer partner. It will prioritize Bud Light in the United States, with the discretion to emphasize any of its other brands (such as Corona, Stella Artois, Quilmes and Michelob Ultra) in other countries.

Wonder why that is.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because the UFC demographic likes crappy beer. In addition to the obvious.

Regarding demographics, the highest chunk of UFC viewers who regularly tune in to events is between 25 to 54 years old, with the highest percentage belonging to the 25 to 35 age bracket. Most of these viewers are male, which is 90% of the total count, while the remaining 10% are female audience.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Regarding demographics, the highest chunk of UFC viewers who regularly tune in to events is between 25 to 54 years old, with the highest percentage belonging to the 25 to 35 age bracket. Most of these viewers are male, which is 90% of the total count, while the remaining 10% are female audience.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't so much talking about age/sex profile as I was talking about other things. In other words, the intersection between UFC viewers and "foodies" and other craft beer enthusiasts strikes me as pretty minor.

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

The Dylan Mulvaney fiasco initially was about both money (marketing to satisfy ESG scores) and political/cultural (bowing to woke transgender ideology).

Once the brand predictably fell off a cliff it became all about money and AB distancing themselves or firing all involved.

The Bud Light fiasco was never about "transing" anyone, because Bud Light is beer and it is marketed to adults. The issue here is with companies, in their woke quest to satisfy ESG scores, asking their loyal adult customers to indulge the trans fantasy that men can become women.

The vast majority of people don't give a ***** what fantasy delusion Dylan Mulvaney or anyone else wants to indulge in. He can say he's a rock, a squirrel, a woman or a lilypad. Just stop demanding that sane people take any of it seriously. 

The forced trans bs is with kids. In schools. Hundreds of examples with documentation have been posted here in recent months.

It was about trying to get some of that transgender money and that’s all it was about

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It was about trying to get some of that transgender money and that’s all it was about

Can you explain this further? Is the trans market segment that large that any business entity imaginable should pander to it?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just don't think that market is big enough for that to be the reason. Therefore, I will assume that is was a type of virtue signaling. This obviously bothered a lot of people for a variety of reasons. Even if I were a Bud Light drinker it wouldn't have bothered me. To be honest, for some people (including someone I know who now googles various beers to make sure Anheuser Busch does not own them) it seems to be good old fashioned "I don't want to be ridiculed as the guy who drinks gay beer." Others saw it as further normalization of trans people and part of a larger trans agenda, telling kids "it's cool to be trans."

Whatever. People should have more important things to think about than some minor internet celebrity getting a tiny social media influencer gig.