How bad is Allen's shoulder, REALLY?

BuffaloBillyG

It's not his shoulder. It's his mindset. His body language on the sideline tells you he doesn't care about bad drives or turnovers. If the offense isn't hot right out of the gate, it's like he becomes completely disinterested this year. It really looks to me like he doesn't believe in the offense he's running. When I'm doing my job well and my boss tells me to do it his way instead, regardless of the asinine quality of his way, I don't give a ***** if it fails. I think it's the same thing with Josh.

• Agree 1

Just now, NUT said:

Allen is the one who lobbied for Dorsey. This is why I hate continuity. Hire the best coaches possible.

Agreed. I'd bet money that part of Allen's psychological struggles right now is the knowledge that he lobbied for the wrong guy and doomed multiple seasons.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Today was a complete failure on so many fronts and I'm sure there will be many threads dedicated to those.

However, is it fair to wonder if that shoulder injury is something more than what they let on? He had SEVERAL throws that were off. Just didn't seem to have the accurate ball placement he had early on. Even completions were off target a few times.

Then on the last play of the game our huge armed QB just.....doesn't....uncork one? That seems really off to me.

I'm positive he'll say the shoulder is all good and didn't play into it at all....but the eye test really says otherwise.

That was more between the ears than the shoulder.  He attempted plenty of long/hard throws.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Allen’s problem is 100% between his ears 

That's always his biggest problem but they are also at a confluence of having to scheme around a lack of playmakers and subsequently allowing defenses to match up.

If they had the talent to keep the same 11 players on the field on all downs and distances they could run tempo and negate much of what teams are doing schematically to limit Buffalo offensively/shorten games.    Instead they play into the hands of opponents,  running slow developing clock grinding drives that allow lesser offense's to remain two dimensional all game.......which stresses the Bills vulnerability against the run and screen games.

53 minutes ago, MPT said:

It's not his shoulder. It's his mindset. His body language on the sideline tells you he doesn't care about bad drives or turnovers. If the offense isn't hot right out of the gate, it's like he becomes completely disinterested this year. It really looks to me like he doesn't believe in the offense he's running. When I'm doing my job well and my boss tells me to do it his way instead, regardless of the asinine quality of his way, I don't give a ***** if it fails. I think it's the same thing with Josh.

I was thinking this. Said on the Post Game Thread, I feel all of the fun has been sucked out of the game for Josh, and he isn't enjoying taken the field anymore with the long drives. Even though there can be logic behind it.

Physically, Josh is the best QB in NFL and I stick by that. I'll stick by that no matter how many dispute or argue the point. But he is effected more than most by mistakes, and allows emotions to cloud his judgement.

In all honesty, I think the Bills need a Quarterback Whisperer.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I was thinking this. Said on the Post Game Thread, I feel all of the fun has been sucked out of the game for Josh, and he isn't enjoying taken the field anymore with the long drives. Even though there can be logic behind it.

Physically, Josh is the best QB in NFL and I stick by that. I'll stick by that no matter how many dispute or argue the point. But he is effected more than most by mistakes, and allows emotions to cloud his judgement.

In all honesty, I think the Bills need a Quarterback Whisperer.

He is probably the best football player in the NFL. But he's also just a top 3 QB who plays like an average QB when he's not in the right head space.

1 minute ago, MPT said:

He is probably the best football player in the NFL. But he's also just a top 3 QB who plays like an average QB when he's not in the right head space.

I think the issue is, when he's not in the right head space, he can look like a rookie QB. And I'm starting to wonder if that will ever change.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.