Adam Thielen?

Hebert19

3 hours ago, BananaB said:

I can’t see Carolina shopping him, he’s playing well and probably the most experienced player they got which is great for a young QB 

Agree.  Having said that they have no 1st rounder this year (chicago) so how do they continue to incrementally get better for their rookie.  They need more picks.  I think they will be shopping everyone at some point.  Especially if it's a player and pick deal. 

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Nico is a great target...the Texans appear to have struck gold in the draft with Stroud and Nico. That is the core of their rebuilding. There is no logical reason for them to trade Nico to us...

There is one logical reason, the Bills offer is extremely generous. Again I’m not advocating trading away the farm, but from a cost perspective (rookie deal) age, salary cap considerations this is the deal I would consider.

Similarly the Texans are also sitting on John Metchie a 2022 2nd rounder who is behind Tank Dell, Nico Collins and veteran Robert Woods. Metchie probably is a year away from any kind of Year 3 jump but would be worth a flyer. 

8 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'll be the first broken record to comment, Gabe is not a #2. And never will be. 

My opinion is Renfrow, it's risky because QBs and slots need time for chemistry and it would take a bit but josh has shown that he's possibly the best QB in the league when he had a great slot in Beasley. If we could get 3/4 out of Renfrew of what we got from Beasley I think its worth it. And the raiders want to move him.

So you state Gabe Davis is a bad #2 WR and never will be then go on to say trade for Hunter Renfrow who has 6 catches for 59 yards. Be better than this dude!

22 hours ago, Buftex said:

Nico is a great target...the Texans appear to have struck gold in the draft with Stroud and Nico. That is the core of their rebuilding. There is no logical reason for them to trade Nico to us...

I agree on Nico and Stroud might be the future core, I can't seem them splitting that pair. 

I know Jarvis Landry is not a popular player to our fan base but the guy was a stud with Miami and Cleveland. Still only 30 and derailed by injury with the Saints last year.  He's sitting as a FA and I see zero downside at giving him a shot here.

Edited by Real McNasty

On 10/16/2023 at 2:13 PM, Hebert19 said:

So I think a lot are torn on Gabe being a good number 2 or not.  But we can all agree we don't have a number 3.  So why not 2 number 2s.  :)

Thielen looks like he can still get it done.  Has a great history woth diggs.  And is playing on a team likely to shop him...which coincidentally is a team we tend to do some business with. Ha. 

Id say odds on him being answer is >50%

Where do they get the money to pay him ? The NFL is run under a cap & the Bills are pretty close to being out of cash to bring in all these players that will help or fix the supposed problems they have .

Then what happens if later in the year there is another (heaven forbid) injury to a player and they really are against the wall to bring in reinforcements then with NO cash left they will truly be screwed !! 

Plus they haven't really found out wha they have with Sheffield, Hartey, & the others in the room . I'm good with going with what they got for now they will get it figured out by the end of the season ...

Edited by T master

On 10/16/2023 at 9:10 PM, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

So you state Gabe Davis is a bad #2 WR and never will be then go on to say trade for Hunter Renfrow who has 6 catches for 59 yards. Be better than this dude!

Man I don't know if you read a word of what I said. I never said Gabe is bad, I'm saying he's not a number 2. That's just not his game, your asking the guy to do something thats not his skill set, he has proven the short to intermediate field is not a strength for him. He's great at getting behind safeties making perimeter catches that are back breaking chunk plays that deflate defenses. A great skill to have with a cannon arm qb.

Renfrow other than his poor stats this year because of a dumpster fire offense hes on(that adams is also trying to run from) has shown he is an excellent seperator at the line and excellent route runner, and knows how to manipulate and leverage defenders. Much like a young Beasley. And josh has shown the type of qb he is with a great slot. The addition of a great slot would only benefit Gabe giving him much better looks. When defenses get ate up in the short passing game, they bring up safeties and that's when Gabe is at his most dangerous.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:57 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Why would Carolina trade away their rookie QB's security blanket/favorite target?

Hes a security blanket as he has skills and knows where to sit, but he’s older and slower so not really a #2 target on a playoff team like the Bills.  Going after D Hop as the Titans season is going nowhere is a more likely target.  Outside of someone like that one, we’ll end up rolling with who we have and be more effective with their use.  Adams as many mentioned is just not feasible as his contract blows up next year.

People are acting like it’s crazy to think that panthers would trade this guy. Look, just on that point. The Panthers are in a complete rebuild and they aren’t doing anything this year. Teams overvalue draft picks so much in the NFL it’s sickening. This is an older guy that has very few years left and is absolutely not in their long term future plans. They are probably going to be willing to trade anyone over the age of 24 that they can get something for. This coach is going to bring in his own young guys to reshape this offense. I don’t even think the Panthers expected much from Theilen, it’s just that the QB they drafted sucks so bad he only throws to the glorified check down. They absolutely would get rid of him. They might go 0-17 this year. They aren’t saying no to a draft pick for a 33 year old WR that was thrown on the scrap heap. All that being said, no shot we do it. Let’s just not act like Carolina is protecting 33 year olds. They are the worst team in the nfl. Teams act like draft picks are 10x more valuable than they really are. You absolutely could get this guy if you wanted him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2023 at 2:27 PM, Franco_92 said:

If Nico and Thielen are no-go's maybe we can ask miami about tyreek, or the bengals if chase is available. Just a thought

On 10/16/2023 at 2:30 PM, FrenchConnection said:

Seahawks are not going to win the SB, so how about DK Metcalf? I'm sure a 6th and Shakir would get it done.

/s

Justin Jefferson was just placed on IR... pretty sure this is an opportunity to get him on the cheap.

On 10/17/2023 at 1:59 PM, Real McNasty said:

I know Jarvis Landry is not a popular player to our fan base but the guy was a stud with Miami and Cleveland. Still only 30 and derailed by injury with the Saints last year.  He's sitting as a FA and I see zero downside at giving him a shot here.

This would not be a sexy move or a popular move but that dude is a badass player.

If he's the same player he was, he'd be a big help. Besides being a savvy receiver, he brings toughness and attitude to a team. A bit alarming though that he's not on a roster at the age of 30.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.