Does the 2023 Bills defence get a pass because McD is coaching it?

Billsfan1972

49 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No TOP is due to the defence not getting a stop and allowing long drives.  I've already said I think Dorsey needs to unleash Allen and was obvious the dinks and dunks weren't working.  

Are you seriously this level one sided?  TOP also is due to the offense.  Did you know if you don’t have to punt, you get to keep the ball longer?

Are you really not aware of that?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, boyst said:

We will never know because it wasn't tried. What we tried didn't work and we kept trying. 

Well I can tell you now covering with 8 wouldn’t have worked 😂 Maybe it would’ve had a better chance if we weren’t down to our 3rd and 4th CBs, but they couldn’t hold up on routine coverage. Elam in particular was a mess. There were better players on that side of the ball for JAX than we had answers for, it’s the same reason most DCs struggle to stop top offenses. I’m not calling JAX a top offense, but if they have the luxury of playing us with just about half of our defensive starters out, they’ll look like one. 

24 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Funny you mention that, I took a glance. 

Not one team in the league this weekend allowed more 1st-Downs. 

Only one team allowed more total yards, that was the Giants' D against Miami.  

Only one team allowed greater Time-of-Possession, that was the pathetic Pats.  

So we're essentially being asked to believe that considering the injuries, the D that we fielded yesterday was literally the worst in the entire league.  

That's a tough sell even if it were true.  

We lost for several reasons, primarily that we were simply outcoached.  Let's not forget to give credit to Pederson and his staff, Lawrence and their team.  They outplayed us. 

Otherwise, and to what extent, poor (travel) planning, injuries, and per the above, play-calling.  

Two of those three were entirely avoidable.  

They did not out coach us.

It took them until the 4th quarter for them to move the ball against us with any consistency.  4th quarter for a defense down 8 key players and the remaining players hobbled or exhausted.

If Dorsey had 11 points in the 4th against any team down 8 key players on defense, you would be cursing him and McDermott. 

Edited by Royale with Cheese

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you seriously this level one sided?  TOP also is due to the offense.  Did you know if you don’t have to punt, you get to keep the ball longer?

Are you really not aware of that?

Long prolonged drives are the basis for TOP.  When you can't stop the other team from gaining chunk yards and getting first downs, you are not doing your job as a defense.  As stated above only Miami had more yards yesterday (and don't forget the defensive penalties and yards added there).  Only NO had more TOP.  But yep the defence was amazing yesterday.  

And I have not absolved the offence and made it known I thought Dorsey again schemed a lousy game.  He has this dink & dunk approach with Allen and works like a charm when you are playing inferior teams (or one that you own at home). 

Edited by Billsfan1972

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Long prolonged drives are the basis for TOP.  When you can't stop the other team from gaining chunk yards and getting first downs, you are not doing your job as the defense.  As stated above only Miami had more yards yesterday (and don't forget the defensive penalties and yards added there).  Only NO had more TOP.  But yep the defence was amazing yesterday.  

And I have not absolved the offence and made it known I thought Dorsey again schemed a lousy game.  He has this dink & dunk approach with Allen and works like a charm when you are playing inferior teams (or one that you own at home). 

I can’t believe you simply don’t understand the simplest concepts.

Both offense and defense have equal amount of opportunity to effect TOP.  

Our offense had the opportunities every time they touch the ball to have long sustained drives but they didn’t.  They themselves are the reasons why they didn’t hold the ball longer.  

How is this seriously so hard to understand?  I simply am flabbergasted.

38 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can’t believe you simply don’t understand the simplest concepts.

Both offense and defense have equal amount of opportunity to effect TOP.  

Our offense had the opportunities every time they touch the ball to have long sustained drives but they didn’t.  They themselves are the reasons why they didn’t hold the ball longer.  

How is this seriously so hard to understand?  I simply am flabbergasted.

It’s trolling.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Woe is me (and the Bills).  Make one play and the game flips.  The Bills made none (and the turnovers as said were deep in Buffalo territory again after sustained drives).

If the Bills make a play...

Two Red Zone interruptions, saving 6-14 points.

Wait!  Um...uh...not THOSE plays.  Um...those don't count!  Because...reasons!

Really?

8 hours ago, Success said:

I thought they were amazing yesterday.  They were on the field almost twice as long as the offense.

We held them to 11 points with 7 minutes left. Under-staffed and injury riddled.  They had to eventually tire considering how worthless our offense was.  Considering the circumstances I was happy with the D.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.