Buffalo / Jacksonville 2nd half game thread

Simon

9 minutes ago, Heitz said:

To be fair, you were singing the woes long before the season started, so we’ll see how it all plays out 🤣 🙄

Not that losing Milano (and apparently Tre) were awful, but the future exists only in the future… :beer: 

Just hard to be optimistic when you lose your best CB, LB, and  solid DT. At least Von is back. 

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah no, I will say with the frequency the shotgun run up the middle is getting stuffed, is the play just legitimately stupid, is there just some tell that teams are picking up on? Either way maybe fix that or move away from it.

That play sucks, but Harris and Murray are north-south runners who rarely get stuffed for negative or no yards.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the O played terrible but that game was fixed.  Why, I don't know.  Maybe they're trying to sell the Jags to the Brit fans.

I think we'd all like to believe that but the offense was flat. The refs sucked for sure and made the Bills getting any momentum difficult.  If they playedbetter it wouldnt have mattered. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Taron Johnson noting in post today that the turf caused his injury today

I’m seriously thinking we end up with a NFLPA strike until turf is banned. Enough is enough

Maybe fields meant for soccer should be banned.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the O played terrible but that game was fixed.  Why, I don't know.  Maybe they're trying to sell the Jags to the Brit fans.

I would not go so far as to say fixed, but it was supremely sculpted. It was not till the Bills were well behind the 8 ball that any calls went our way. Not to mention booth and TV crew lacked replays of many of the calls, or cut off replays before the proper perspective. 

Kurt Warner seemed the only guy not in on the deal. 

A few calls I'll note: 

- 1st TD was no good. Zay's real time TD seemed to show significant bobble and jostle out of bounds that was cut off in all replays. Play did not seem to be reviewed. 

- Want to add the hands to the face on the Bills that extended that early drive was also ticky tack. 

- The jags 3rd down completion that was clearly an incompletion. No football move was completed, yet the terrible call was reviewed and mind numbingly upheld. A back breaker. 

-Kincaid 3rd down catch (2nd or 3rd drive) that was clearly a conversion, but called short. Mind you stunningly not challenged by McD. 

- A half a dozen holds on the Bills that were ticky tack. I thought most those Torrence holds late were bogus. Most of these had no replays , and if they did nothing stood out. 

-Several PIs that were ticky tack. 

- No call on the clear bat out of bounds on the Bills onside kick. It was obvious. It is a rule. 

- Just want to say that I think Hyde's defenseless hit PF "could" have been called. But again, a ticky tack call in a crucial down, given the movement on the ball. 

Just don't recall a game with such poor officiating. It was too much yellow, and 75% of them did not need to be called. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Cook had a whopping 5 carries how can you tell ?

5 carries for minus 4 yards.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah no, I will say with the frequency the shotgun run up the middle is getting stuffed, is the play just legitimately stupid, is there just some tell that teams are picking up on? Either way maybe fix that or move away from it.

Because its too easy.  Defense can see it coming a mile away with Josh taking snap, running over to a standing still back, and handing him the ball.  Back is at a dead stop. Line is basically busted by the time Josh runs over there.  It's just dumb from all angles.  Something you can probably sprinkle in a couple times a game but Dorsey wants to run that crap every first down+

On 10/8/2023 at 12:59 PM, Bob Jones said:

I don’t. You HAVE TO know that there are no guarantees. We're talking about the Bills here. LOL

I am not talking about a win.   They played poorly because, IMO, the travel schedule was too compact.  It is nothing to laugh about.  

On 10/8/2023 at 10:22 AM, pigpen65 said:

Dorsey reminds me a lot of Garrett in Dallas where the philosophy was that you don't need to be creative or adapt to the defense if you just execute 100% of the time. It's a great philosophy for high school but you can't be going entire halves of football without a first down in the pros. Where you target the defense has to change based on what they are doing. How you hide your intentions. How you call plays early to set up plays later. Just over and over with this guy he seems to just not adapt. Was Allen under center even once the entire game?

Really sound post I agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.