Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Because its a dictatorship. That's what the fight is all about in the world today. 

Israel could overplay its hand here if it just wastes 100,000 people and the hostages are killed 

Reports are that nearly 60% of the citizenry supports Hamas and by extension the complete annihilation of Israel.  While I recognize the historical tendencies and religious animus that exists there, and the fact that Israel is part of the problem, we don't need to pretend this isn't part of the problem.  

https://coopwb.in/info/how-many-palestinians-support-hamas/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

His excursion to North Korean would be like if Biden brought Dennis Rodman along to Israel salute Hamas.

Holy hell, I cannot believe you dummies picked him to be president

I live in NY silly. there is no actual way I could have picked him to be president.

Another goal post.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

U.S. and Qatar Block Iran’s Access to $6 Billion From Prisoner Deal

“The United States and Qatar have agreed to block Iran’s access to $6 billion in funds recently transferred to the nation as part of a deal between Washington and Tehran that led to the release of five imprisoned Americans from Iran last month.”

Good. 

What a clusterf*ck. 

The US Government negotiates over a two year period with a nation perpetually hostile to our country, with the word track being "For Humanitarian Aid only, promise!".  

In the meanwhile, the hostile nation is apparently participating in the planning of a massive attack on Israel, shocking no one, but completely unbeknownst to our intelligence agencies and/or allies.    

The deal is announced, the attack occurs, and the US government blocks the release of funds earmarked for humanitarian aid only (promise). 

Good work here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Reports are that nearly 60% of the citizenry supports Hamas and by extension the complete annihilation of Israel.  While I recognize the historical tendencies and religious animus that exists there, and the fact that Israel is part of the problem, we don't need to pretend this isn't part of the problem.  

https://coopwb.in/info/how-many-palestinians-support-hamas/

Sounds like a trustworthy poll 🙄

So we use polls to determine how many get slaughtered. That's screwed up 

34 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Your Trump ptsd clearly has eradicated any semblance of critical thinking skills. Orange man bad

Hold on, what?

Have you not figured out this is a political board? Your butt gets an itch if someone mentions how bad that POS Trump is? Sounds like you are the one with the problem buddy 

• Eyeroll 1

Be interesting to see how long Israel can be in this state 

YESODOT, Israel — On the road outside the military base, hundreds of cars were pulled onto the shoulders for a half-mile in either direction: Kias, Toyotas, pickups and bakery vans.

It was a pop-up parking lot for war, a place for military reservists to park, hurry into the base as civilians and leave as soldiers. No one knows when they will be back for their personal cars — or their civilian lives.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.

Twenty miles east, at Jerusalem’s popular Malha Mall, the parking lot is all but empty. Almost every shop is closed, here and across the country. Those who would normally work and shop are pouring into the ranks. Others are making their own preparations for a conflict that promises to be long-lasting and hard-hitting.

As the world awaits Israel’s next response to the Hamas surprise attack, Israel is transforming into a country at war.

Israel is massing troops near the Gaza Strip in its war against Hamas as evidence suggests the militant group has taken at least 64 captives, including civilians. Follow  .

People working in offices and fields just five days ago are back in uniform, some 360,000 of them so far, in one of the largest mobilizations in the country’s history. Schools are closed. Local governments are straining to provide services as their workforces dwindle.

An empty parking lot at a closed shopping mall in Sderot, near the Israel-Gaza border. (Jack Guez/AFP/Getty Images)

The country’s largest port, with more than 8 percent of its staff departed for the army, is calling in retirees to keep the cargo moving.

“We’re working under fire now, but we have no choice,” said Shaul Schneider, executive chairman of Ashdod Port, where crane operators 200 feet above the ground have to hope for the best when Hamas rockets scream overhead, sometimes 10 times a day. “Unfortunately, Israel has experience in such situations.”

Much of the country is eerily still. Streets normally jammed with honking traffic are quiet. Jaffa Street, a popular shopping strip in Jerusalem, was a ghost town Wednesday night, lined with flashing police cars. Construction sites are silent, and the Palestinian laborers who normally work at them have been prohibited from crossing over from the West Bank since Saturday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/12/israel-mobilization-gaza-war/

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://apnews.com/article/hamas-middle-east-science-32095d8e1323fc1cad819c34da08fd87

This is from the AP.  And, no, I don't think there is any suggestion that the war effort currently underway by the Israeli's was based on a poll, trustworthy or not.   The Israeli response seems directly related to the slaughter by Hamas.  

My link to the poll was in response to your suggestion that the Palestinians lived under a dictatorship and by extension,  there was precious little support for Hamas. 

Again, like a faithful Australian Shepherd chasing after a hapless calf, I'll herd you back to the point.   This is ugliness on a massive scale, but it seems naive to think the Israelis would be so benevolent as to encourage humanitarian relief to their mortal enemies when said enemy was holding Israeli hostages and threatening to broadcast their torture and execution. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm surprisedthat Israel is restrained  in its response. They are about 34X smaller in population than the US. It's as if we lost 33K people on 9/11 versus the 3K we did.

Edited by Wacka
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I suppose you almost have operate under the assumption that those hostages if they aren’t dead already aren’t going to be allowed to survive. I’m not sure what the discussion would even be. Do we think there are conditions to release for Hamas other than Israel surrender to Hamas sand exterminate yourselves? 

It feels like a pretty impossible situation to save the hostages, if we're being honest. You'd think the idea behind the hostages would a hostage exchange and while it would suck to strengthen their numbers, would you do that to get those people back and then just go in after to steamroll Hamas anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

https://apnews.com/article/hamas-middle-east-science-32095d8e1323fc1cad819c34da08fd87

This is from the AP.  And, no, I don't think there is any suggestion that the war effort currently underway by the Israeli's was based on a poll, trustworthy or not.   The Israeli response seems directly related to the slaughter by Hamas.  

My link to the poll was in response to your suggestion that the Palestinians lived under a dictatorship and by extension,  there was precious little support for Hamas. 

Again, like a faithful Australian Shepherd chasing after a hapless calf, I'll herd you back to the point.   This is ugliness on a massive scale, but it seems naive to think the Israelis would be so benevolent as to encourage humanitarian relief to their mortal enemies when said enemy was holding Israeli hostages and threatening to broadcast their torture and execution. 

They do live under a dictatorship, you can deny that, but its true. 

Israel will do what they do, but don't be surprised if unfettered brutality and mass killings lead to people--not you--thinking of Israel as just as bad as those who provoked them. And it will probably get the hostages killed, also. 

But, I get it, maybe that's just what's going to happen. Hamas ain't going away on their own 

• Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hold on, what?

Have you not figured out this is a political board? Your butt gets an itch if someone mentions how bad that POS Trump is? Sounds like you are the one with the problem buddy 

I'm not your buddy, guy!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That’s a whole bunch of words saying the savages are Israel’s fault. She’s a racist Jew hater. It’s obvious. 

her message is pretty much the same as the shouldn’t have worn that dress if you didn’t want to get assaulted.

scum

She’s just being a typical liberal racist. We have some of the same scumbags here on PPP. Yet they pretend to care about people. Just a bunch of bullshite.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is interesting, CNN video of Hamas spokesman in....Russia! Of course! 

Adds an interesting name and angle in all this 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/10/12/hamas-mastermind-guest-kiley-pkg-ac360-hnk-vpx.cnn.  

really makes one wonder about the BRICS nation summit in August. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15th_BRICS_summit