Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

Nice job Brandon. Another success on the world stage. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/09/middleeast/airdrops-gaza-israel-us-explainer-intl/index.html

But the UN and aid agencies have questioned how effective they will be at alleviating the situation, and their risks were shown starkly on Friday when malfunctioning parachutes caused aid pallets to hurtle from the sky at breakneck speed, killing five unsuspecting civilians.

But despite this advantage, aid agencies say their drawbacks overwhelmingly outweigh their benefits.

“Humanitarian workers always complain that airdrops are good photo opportunities but a lousy way to deliver aid,” Richard Gowan, the International Crisis Group’s UN Director said.

The UN special rapporteur for food, Michael Fakrhi says airdrops usually culminate in chaos.

• Shocked 1

The truth eventually comes out. 

Also this pier that’s supposed to be built to “help provide aid to enter Gaza” will ultimately be used by Israel to help them move all that natural gas they’re gonna steal.  Watch. That’s the real purpose for the pier. 

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3702071/dod-to-construct-pier-to-deliver-humanitarian-aid-to-gaza/ 

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Equating Hamas with the Germans and Japan huh? This is laughable on so many levels. I’m not even going to get into the whys. If you can’t see that on your own you’re helpless. 

The only thing I agree with here is Hamas should give up the hostages and surrender. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Justice said:

The truth eventually comes out. 

Also this pier that’s supposed to be built to “help provide aid to enter Gaza” will ultimately be used by Israel to help them move all that natural gas they’re gonna steal.  Watch. That’s the real purpose for the pier. 

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3702071/dod-to-construct-pier-to-deliver-humanitarian-aid-to-gaza/ 

Equating Hamas with the Germans and Japan huh? This is laughable on so many levels. I’m not even going to get into the whys. If you can’t see that on your own you’re helpless. 

The only thing I agree with here is Hamas should give up the hostages and surrender. 

If you start a war, be prepared for the consequences.  Roll on Israel!

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

But..but..but..didn't the USAAF practice daylight precision bombings in Germany? They could of done what the British did, or what we did against Japan?

4 hours ago, Irv said:

If you start a war, be prepared for the consequences.  Roll on Israel!

You can take your 1400, 1300, 1200… whatever the ***** the number is today and shove it up your ass! I told you morons from day 1 they killed their own on the 7th! Ain’t no babies in ovens… ain’t no mass rapes! Lies lies lies. 

43 minutes ago, Justice said:

You can take your 1400, 1300, 1200… whatever the ***** the number is today and shove it up your ass! I told you morons from day 1 they killed their own on the 7th! Ain’t no babies in ovens… ain’t no mass rapes! Lies lies lies. 

Have you considered decaf?  What a mess.  

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Justice said:

Are you ok bro? Did your boyfriend cheat on you again, Nancy? 

As Irv would say.. "What a mess"

• Like (+1) 1

Hezbollah Ramps Up Ramadan Attacks; Biden Hardest Hit ?

e8bf9dda-d67e-44bb-af99-52ef8343fe3b-105

So much for that strange demand that Israel observe Ramadan during its war against Hamas and other Islamist terror networks. Hezbollah has 'celebrated' Ramadan by increasing the pace of its attacks in the north of Israel, ramping up the intensity of both sides. Overnight, Hezbollah launched over 100 rockets at Israel, prompting another round of answering attacks on their positions:

Consider Hezbollah's explanation an example of the Mom He Hit Me Back! genre of spin. Hezbollah has launched rockets at northern Israel since the start of the Gaza operation, clearly wanting to divert some of Israel's defenses to its north to slow down the offensive against Hamas in the south. It has worked to some degree but not nearly enough, as Hamas' rapid collapses in Gaza City and Khan Younis proved. The attacks on Bekaa on Monday came as retaliation for attacks by Hezbollah, and so on ad infinitum, or at least ad October 7.

At any rate, this makes hash of Joe Biden's arguments for a Ramadan pause. Iranian proxy Hezbollah isn't observing a Ramadan 'pause'; they're not bothering to ask for one, either.  In the first place, Islamic nations and terror networks don't observe this holiday with peaceful interludes in conflicts, and even more to the point, they don't respect anyone else's religious days of observance in their attacks either. In fact, they like to use Israel's holy days in particular as propitious dates for attacks, both for reasons of religious supremacy but also for better surprise against a presumably less-prepared foe. 

That includes the October 7 attacks by Iran's other proxy terror network, Hamas. 

.https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2024/03/12/hezbollah-ramps-up-ramadan-attacks-biden-hardest-hit-n3784525

On 3/11/2024 at 10:01 AM, Tiberius said:

But..but..but..didn't the USAAF practice daylight precision bombings in Germany? They could of done what the British did, or what we did against Japan?

There was no such thing as "precision bombing" in WWII.

Beyond that, no surprise, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Hezbollah Ramps Up Ramadan Attacks; Biden Hardest Hit ?

e8bf9dda-d67e-44bb-af99-52ef8343fe3b-105

So much for that strange demand that Israel observe Ramadan during its war against Hamas and other Islamist terror networks. Hezbollah has 'celebrated' Ramadan by increasing the pace of its attacks in the north of Israel, ramping up the intensity of both sides. Overnight, Hezbollah launched over 100 rockets at Israel, prompting another round of answering attacks on their positions:

This Ramadan thing is idiotic.

The 73 war, Yom Kippur, was launched against Israel on the occasion of the religious holiday Yom Kippur, knowing that the IDF, largely reservists, would be celebrating the religious holiday.

Additionally, it was known in the Arab world as the Ramadan War, taking place on the tenth day of the Ramadan month.

Total nonsense.

27 minutes ago, sherpa said:

There was no such thing as "precision bombing" in WWII.

Beyond that, no surprise, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Why would you say that? What are you talking about? 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why would you say that? What are you talking about? 

Perhaps you don't understand.

There was no "precision bombing" then.

Certainly nothing close to what sophisticated, well trained attack forces with advanced weapons systems are capable of doing now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Perhaps you don't understand.

There was no "precision bombing" then.

Certainly nothing close to what sophisticated, well trained attack forces with advanced weapons systems are capable of doing now.

There was precision bombing in WW2 practiced by the 8th Army Air Force. And of course they were not as accurate as todays weapons eighty odd years later 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

There was precision bombing in WW2 practiced by the 8th Army Air Force. And of course they were not as accurate as todays weapons eighty odd years later 

Some info regarding accuracy of bombing in WW2 below.  My grandfather was a waist gunner on a B-24 in WW2.  He joked that they were lucky to hit the city the target resided in.  Not sure if that was true or him just being him.

National Museum of the United States Air Force - Enabling Technologies

—by the end of the war, about 50% of the bombs dropped visually hit within 1,000 feet of the target.