Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Why don’t you move to Gaza if you love it so much and your hatred for this country?

Wow!!!’ Hatred for this country??? Woooowwww.  Propaganda works especially well on you huh? Brainwashed properly I’d say. 

B*^*h my parents can’t even move back there because they lost their right to return to the country they were born in so until s**t likes that changes I’m stuck here… the country I was born in, love and pay taxes on. I’m sure you’d love to see all Muslims leave to their own countries huh you hateful POS. 

“You cannot put 2 million people in a box, close the cover, and expect nothing will happen.”

Edited by Justice

On 11/15/2023 at 12:39 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

you and your projection. maybe find a mirror before trying to point a finger. 

and remember that every time you point a finger, there are three coming back at you.

you mean you said their wasn't counter protesters, I provided proof.  and you pivoted to pathetic ad hominem attempts.

Kinda scripty.  

On 11/15/2023 at 12:43 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

you said there were no counter protesters. I simply showed that there were.

Sorry that everyone saw the marches with people chanting about the river to the sea.

You’re a liar. A bold faced liar. I never said there were no counter protesters. I asked if there were as shown below. 

Believe it or not I don’t like that slogan “from the river to the sea”. They claim it just means freedom and not the end of Israel but it sounds like it. They need to change that. 

On 11/15/2023 at 12:19 PM, Justice said:

1. Were there counter protestors? And if so shouldn’t they get credit for non violence as well?

2. And this one is moronic because it’s the US that’s supplying Israel with weapons and money. Why the ever living F would pro Palestinians bring a US flag when that’s the case and the US is against a ceasefire? Huh??????

3. Hold up. Number 3 said hold my beer. This is just as moronic as statement 2. Maybe even more so since in no way can that be proven. “You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *****in’ fingers and say, ‘That’s the bad guy.’ So what that make you? Good? You’re not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie.”

— Tony Montana, Scarface

4. You’re on a roll here. It’s amazing this needs to be pointed out but here I go anyways…. You don’t need a mask when your livelihood isn’t on the line. Foh. 
5. Kind of hard to feel bad about people when thousands are still dying. 
6. This is just ignorant. Everyone sucks on Israel’s c*^k. We all know that. 
7. One large protest doesn’t even begin to add up to all the pro-Palestine protests around the world. 

Do better. Get up off your knees. 

On 11/15/2023 at 12:50 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

1. Were there counter protestors? And if so shouldn’t they get credit for non violence as well?

the left has explained that words are violence. 

enjoy the echo chamber.  

Good thing I’m not from the left. I was born in the 70s. I’m a sticks and stones… type of guy. 

As if such an echo chamber actually exists? Lol. What a tool. 

On 11/15/2023 at 12:53 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't agree with a lot of what you've said here about the Israel-Hamas war. But I appreciated having your perspective.

Thanks. I really appreciate that. 

On 11/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, yall said:

Don't let the door hit ya where (made up deity of your liking) split ya...

I love you too. 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, BillStime said:

Irony is dead.

Like, real dead.

Can you please explain?

Edited by Justice

8 hours ago, Doc said:

My son's girlfriend/likely fiancee is half-Jewish and a Dem and had was ready to breakup with my son several months ago wonder how he could support a party that supposedly hates people (even though he's really an Independent).  She's coming up with him on Tuesday for Thanksgiving.  I'm going to have to ask her what she thinks now.

If she was even thinking of breaking up with him over politics he should dump her first. He'll thank me later.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, muppy said:

sup Leo 🙂 We discussed the idea of objectification before. I called PJ Harvey a Minx (she most certainly is) but more so a hottie self confident flaunter of her mind body and soul. You admired her self confidence.  Im not really sure if you were in any way attracted to her. a smoke show kind of woman could be many different forms. Eye of the beholder and all of that. I digress I dont think you are a male pig or someone who would be swayed by looks one way or the other.

to the bolded I think romantic relationships are complicated. For example if my partner and myself were so well suited physically and emotionally I doubt politics would have that great an impact. Maybe it depends on the devoutnesss of someones convictions . And wether it infringe on the family and marriage in some tangible way.

my bestie Luppy from batavia is married to one of the most conservative pro Trump guys around. She NEVER posts on his feed. It is kept completely separate.

kind of like me and my buffalo bills fandom and hubby an equal fascination with His alma mater Notre Dame. s football.

if it works and you're happy, all peace and love bro 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving 

As is usually the case, you’re working on a deeper emotional level.  I just figured if you’re gonna be in a group around the table at Thanksgiving and things might get contentious, it’s better when people are easy on the eyes.  

Btw my son used that phrase “total smoke show” when he was late middle school/early hs.  I had to ask if that was good or bad. 😂

My wife was telling me the other day that I was a typical male, swayed by the looks of a character on tv.  I thought she seemed nice.  My wife thought there was more going on beneath the surface.  It took 5 or 6 episodes but damn if she wasn’t right.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

As is usually the case, you’re working on a deeper emotional level.  I just figured if you’re gonna be in a group around the table at Thanksgiving and things might get contentious, it’s better when people are easy on the eyes.  

Btw my son used that phrase “total smoke show” when he was late middle school/early hs.  I had to ask if that was good or bad. 😂

My wife was telling me the other day that I was a typical male, swayed by the looks of a character on tv.  I thought she seemed nice.  My wife thought there was more going on beneath the surface.  It took 5 or 6 episodes but damn if she wasn’t right.  

I have a heart tattooed on my sleeve didn't you get the memo?  🙂

but to the black yes looks can be very deceiving. Always look for the heart shaped tattoo . A woman like that is a gem in Bills swag JUST SAYIN' and would never steer you wrong. No Baloney. No Drama. All Bills All The Time.

lmao always a pleasure to snark you Leo. Hasta lasagna

m

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Justice said:

So your contention is it’s fueled by hate? Specifically antisemitism? Correct? I mean no word about the Congo right? No word about Darfur? So it must be religiously motivated? Can it be because the US and Israel hold themselves in the highest of regards and when they get caught in their BS ppl like to point it out? Can it be because of that? You think the world doesn’t get sick of the west proclaiming superiority? I concede it can be based on hate. Can you concede it can be based on other issues? 

Yes, it seems to be a primary driver/differentiator.

18 hours ago, yall said:

No, I'm not saying anything even remotely close to that.

What I'm doing is pointing out the complete hypocrisy of the fact that all of these other things happen and go without so much as a comment, let alone people marching in the streets.

It makes one wonder about the motivations.

Right, but your argument can apply just as easily to the reaction to Israel being attacked. Don't be a hypocrite! 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Right, but your argument can apply just as easily to the reaction to Israel being attacked. Don't be a hypocrite! 

I don't recall any protests or marches in favor of Israel immediately following the attack (unlike the ones for Palestine before Israel had even retaliated) so you're reasoning seems a bit off here.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/11/18/us-israel-hamas-reach-tentative-deal-pause-conflict-free-dozens-hostages/

Israel and Hamas are close to agreement on a U.S.-brokered deal that would free dozens of women and children held hostage in Gaza in exchange for a five-day pause in fighting, say people familiar with the emerging terms.

Sign up for Fact Checker, our weekly review of what's true, false or in-between in politics.

The release, which could begin within the next several days — barring last-minute hitches — could lead to the first sustained pause in conflict in Gaza.

A detailed, six-page set of written terms would require all parties to the conflict to freeze combat operations for at least five days while an initial 50 or more hostages are released in smaller batches every 24 hours. It was not immediately clear how many of the 239 people believed to be in captivity in Gaza would be released under the deal. Overhead surveillance would monitor movement on the ground to police the pause.

Beginning with President Biden’s trip to Tel Aviv a week after the war began, and followed by multiple visits from Secretary of State Antony Blinken and other senior officials, the administration has pushed hard with Netanyahu to understand that it is losing the narrative high ground as more Palestinians die. The death toll in Gaza is now reportedly more than 11,000.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/11/18/us-israel-hamas-reach-tentative-deal-pause-conflict-free-dozens-hostages/

Israel and Hamas are close to agreement on a U.S.-brokered deal that would free dozens of women and children held hostage in Gaza in exchange for a five-day pause in fighting, say people familiar with the emerging terms.

Sign up for Fact Checker, our weekly review of what's true, false or in-between in politics.

The release, which could begin within the next several days — barring last-minute hitches — could lead to the first sustained pause in conflict in Gaza.

A detailed, six-page set of written terms would require all parties to the conflict to freeze combat operations for at least five days while an initial 50 or more hostages are released in smaller batches every 24 hours. It was not immediately clear how many of the 239 people believed to be in captivity in Gaza would be released under the deal. Overhead surveillance would monitor movement on the ground to police the pause.

Beginning with President Biden’s trip to Tel Aviv a week after the war began, and followed by multiple visits from Secretary of State Antony Blinken and other senior officials, the administration has pushed hard with Netanyahu to understand that it is losing the narrative high ground as more Palestinians die. The death toll in Gaza is now reportedly more than 11,000.

Jst curious.  Do you think Netanyahu is a war criminal for killing civilians like Putin has done?  If so, is it appropriate for the international court issue an arrest warrant?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Jst curious.  Do you think Netanyahu is a war criminal for killing civilians like Putin has done?  If so, is it appropriate for the international court issue an arrest warrant?

I'm not afraid to answer that, like some are afraid to label Putin a war criminal, which he is. 

No, Netanyahoo did attack an area that was firing rockets into ISrael and held hostages, so he gets a pass to a point. National self defense covers a wide range of horrible things. The Israelis are not raping people, torturing civilians, rounding up children for deportation or bombing bomb shelters clearly labeled "Children In Here" as the Russians have done 

Putin was just waging naked aggression. 

I ask you, is Putin a war criminal? Is Net-and-ya-hoo?