Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

50 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Jst curious.  Do you think Netanyahu is a war criminal for killing civilians like Putin has done?  If so, is it appropriate for the international court issue an arrest warrant?

If killing civilians is a war crime.

Russia and Ukraine are commiting it.  Same with both Israel and Hamas.  

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

If killing civilians is a war crime.

Russia and Ukraine are commiting it.  Same with both Israel and Hamas.  

This entire "war criminal" thing is a silly diversion.

The US, UK. Germany, Japan, the USSR and subsequent Russia could be guilty of it.

Israel is going to eliminate Hamas, or come as close as they can, unless stopped, and I don't see that happening.

There are going to be many civilian casualties, because Hamas uses civilians and media nonsense as a major part of their strategy, because they have nothing else.

Get over this "war criminal" nonsense.

• Thank you (+1) 2

The left likes to remind us of how good and morally superior and enlightened they are in any given situation,

but MP Jeremy Corbyn should probably win an award for this narcassistic display.

Unless this is a direct message to Hamas, we aren't quite sure what his argument is here.

Hamas started a war and put their own citizens in direct danger placing their weapons locations in civilian areas on purpose.

But none of that matters to the fantasy of the Social Justice champions on the world.

https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2023/11/19/all-about-them-british-leader-jeremy-corbyn-reminds-us-the-lefts-humanity-is-all-show-n2389973

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/11/18/us-israel-hamas-reach-tentative-deal-pause-conflict-free-dozens-hostages/

Israel and Hamas are close to agreement on a U.S.-brokered deal that would free dozens of women and children held hostage in Gaza in exchange for a five-day pause in fighting, say people familiar with the emerging terms.

Sign up for Fact Checker, our weekly review of what's true, false or in-between in politics.

The release, which could begin within the next several days — barring last-minute hitches — could lead to the first sustained pause in conflict in Gaza.

A detailed, six-page set of written terms would require all parties to the conflict to freeze combat operations for at least five days while an initial 50 or more hostages are released in smaller batches every 24 hours. It was not immediately clear how many of the 239 people believed to be in captivity in Gaza would be released under the deal. Overhead surveillance would monitor movement on the ground to police the pause.

Beginning with President Biden’s trip to Tel Aviv a week after the war began, and followed by multiple visits from Secretary of State Antony Blinken and other senior officials, the administration has pushed hard with Netanyahu to understand that it is losing the narrative high ground as more Palestinians die. The death toll in Gaza is now reportedly more than 11,000.

The World sees Hamas for what it is and the Palestinians are sadly paying the price for casting their lot with them.  Hamas' billionaire leaders sit in luxury in other countries while they steal money meant for the people and use them as human shields.  Meanwhile we get to see who the true anti-semites are...

• Like (+1) 4

14 hours ago, Doc said:

The World sees Hamas for what it is and the Palestinians are sadly paying the price for casting their lot with them.  Hamas' billionaire leaders sit in luxury in other countries while they steal money meant for the people and use them as human shields.  Meanwhile we get to see who the true anti-semites are...

Huh? Blaming the victims 

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, sherpa said:

The US, UK. Germany, Japan, the USSR and subsequent Russia could be guilty of it.

Israel is going to eliminate Hamas, or come as close as they can, unless stopped, and I don't see that happening.

There are going to be many civilian casualties, because Hamas uses civilians and media nonsense as a major part of their strategy, because they have nothing else.

So Putin isn't a war criminal, carry on 

Just now, Doc said:

Self-inflicted.

Yup, they wanted to be driven off their land into refugee camps 

• Eyeroll 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:40 PM, B-Man said:

How's the war in Israel going ?

What do you think of Speaker Johnson not passing aid to Israel unless he gets IRS cuts? Sounds like the GOP sees this as nothing more than a bargaining chip for domestic issues. It's like the can care less, really 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So Putin isn't a war criminal, carry on 

You are uniquely incapable of understanding the written word.

I never said Putin was not a war criminal. 

It is a boldfaced lie to ever claim that I did.

What I listed was a number of countries that could be guilty of it, and this silly exercise of pointing fingers at only those you don't like is a waste of time.

You continue to establish rock bottom in your useless and grossly false claims of what other people think.

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

You are uniquely incapable of understanding the written word.

I never said Putin was not a war criminal. 

It is a boldfaced lie to ever claim that I did.

What I listed was a number of countries that could be guilty of it, and this silly exercise of pointing fingers at only those you don't like is a waste of time.

You continue to establish rock bottom in your useless and grossly false claims of what other people think.

See, you are just a bull sh itter, more proof. 

I never claimed you said he was not, that's you bull sh itting, you just did not want to say he was. 

16 hours ago, sherpa said:

It’s as if no history book, ever, addressed the horrors of war (or the potential costs of standing down). 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s as if no history book, ever, addressed the horrors of war (or the potential costs of standing down). 

Or the concept of "right" and "wrong" 

I guess you guys think the Nuremberg trials were wrong?  

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I never claimed you said he was not, that's you bull sh itting, you just did not want to say he was. 

More idiotic nonsense brought about by stupid claims that you state as fact but are grossly wrong.

I have no problem stating he is a war criminal.

I just don't see the need or value to post every single view I have of every single thing.

It does absolutely nothing to do so, so I don't.

The only time I am ever going to respond to you is when you falsely accuse me of something because of your ignorance, or when you post something ridiculously false. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

More idiotic nonsense brought about by stupid claims that you state as fact but are grossly wrong

The only time I am ever going to respond to you is when you falsely accuse me of something because of your ignorance, or when you post something ridiculously false. 

You are going to be a busy man Sherpa.

Meanwhile:

Israelis Find Strong Support in an Unexpected Corner of the World, New Zealand

https://www.nysun.com/article/israelis-find-strong-support-in-an-unexpected-corner-of-the-world-new-zealand-from-an-unexpected-source-the-maoris

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Or the concept of "right" and "wrong" 

I guess you guys think the Nuremberg trials were wrong?  

"You guys"?  How many people do you think I am?

As for your question, no, I think the Nuremberg trials were a natural outcome from the war in Europe.  I'm quite certain the process was imperfect, that some scoundrels escaped justice, and others were justly punished in a manner consistent with the times.  

I'm not sure why a conversation on the Israelis defending themselves from Hamas brought you to the point that Nuremberg popped into your mind.  Well, actually, I'm not 100% sure anyways.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Israel isn't going to survive if it turns into an authoritarian state based on religion. This women is a threat to their country? Arrested for facebook posts? 

https://nypost.com/2023/11/20/business/israel-arrests-nbc-journalist-for-glorifying-hamas-attacks/

A Palestinian freelancer working for NBC News was arrested in Israel on suspicion of inciting terror and identifying with a terrorist organization, according to local reports.

Mirvat al-Azzeh, who lives in East Jerusalem, was jailed Thursday after sharing four recent Facebook posts regarding Hamas’ sneak attack on Israel on Oct. 7 that killed more than 1,200 people, according to the Jerusalem Post.

It’s unclear what al-Azzeh, 45, wrote in those posts, though police described them at a hearing at the Jerusalem Magistrate Court as “inciting and glorying the horrible acts committed against civilians,” per the outlet.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

"You guys"?  How many people do you think I am?

As for your question, no, I think the Nuremberg trials were a natural outcome from the war in Europe.  I'm quite certain the process was imperfect, that some scoundrels escaped justice, and others were justly punished in a manner consistent with the times.  

I'm not sure why a conversation on the Israelis defending themselves from Hamas brought you to the point that Nuremberg popped into your mind.  Well, actually, I'm not 100% sure anyways.

You missed the point where we were literally talking about war crimes? Hello! 

Is there anyone in there??? 

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

More idiotic nonsense brought about by stupid claims that you state as fact but are grossly wrong.

I have no problem stating he is a war criminal.

I just don't see the need or value to post every single view I have of every single thing.

It does absolutely nothing to do so, so I don't.

Just pointing that you are a bull sh itter. That's all 

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You missed the point where we were literally talking about war crimes? Hello! 

Is there anyone in there??? 

I didn't miss anything, Tibsy.  I was responding to @sherpa, his comments on Israeli engagement of Hamas, and the reality of war.  That made you think of the trials at Nuremberg.  I don't know why. 

When someone speaks of pumpkin pie, I don't immediately think of Thanksgiving, 1947 in Peoria, though pumpkin pie probably was on the menu.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow, Israel has some tough days ahead. Beset on three sides by violence

by Taboola 

Key Israeli military base destroyed 'by Hezbollah rocket strike' as escalation fears surge

Video on social media shows the Biranit army base near the Lebanon border reduced to rubble after the devastating rocket attack today.

By ISABELLE DURSO

A Hezbollah rocket from Lebanon has hit an IDF base, officials said (Image: Twitter)

A rocket attack from Lebanon has hit the IDF's Biranit base in northern Israel, the IDF confirmed on Monday.

Footage posted to social media shows extensive damage and fire caused by the devastating shelling.

The IDF confirmed that rockets were fired at the base.

Times of Israel correspondent Emmanuel Fabian reported on social media that Hezbollah is responsible.

No injuries were reported in the attack, but footage shows the base was badly damaged.

https://www.the-express.com/news/world-news/118947/israel-military-base-destroyed-hezbollah-rocket-strike-hamas-war