Like ALL British Cuisine, It is Time to Pour Steaming Hot Brown S......tuff on the Jags in London

HIT BY SPIKES

Most British Cuisine (like Scottish Cuisine) is based on a dare.

Nonetheless, we must defend our isle..no matter what the cause may be.

I am a ManCity Fan so I have made traditional British Breakfasts in the past for my Citizenship.

The internet recipes all yield results that my 3 hungry dogs will not eat.

So I have brought my Northern Italian heritage to play and upgraded the recipe and end product.

That Brown "Gravy" you see smothered over the food abortion in an unsuccessful attempt to hide/bury/make edible the s.....tuff under it is a basic Onion Gravy.

What I do is caramelize sweet onions very very slowly for a couple of hours and use that in the recipe.

Also double the amount of red wine the recipe calls for.

Finally, use your own chicken stock rather than what comes out of a store bought can or carton.

Yes, I will endeavour to make Bangers & Mash less of an assault on one's stomach for tomorrow morning.

What is on your game day menu?

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You realise Scotland is in Britain, right? 

Scottish cuisine IS British cuisine. 

But bangers and mash for breakfast?? Where have you read that? 

Oh and ***** Man City. :P

In the United States, every state has its own cuisine, and there is delicious food specialties in every state, even though all 50 states are part of USA.

Barbecue alone- Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Kansas all have different recipes and techniques.  And they will all show you that their Barbecue is the best.  Barbecue is an art.  Many take it to another level.

I don’t recall seeing Haggis in England.  Jellied Eels, but not haggis

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

In the United States, every state has its own cuisine, and there is delicious food specialties in every state, even though all 50 states are part of USA.

Barbecue alone- Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Kansas all have different recipes and techniques.  And they will all show you that their Barbecue is the best.  Barbecue is an art.  Many take it to another level.

I don’t recall seeing Haggis in England.  Jellied Eels, but not haggis

You won't see much Haggis in England. Haggis is Scottish. 

But Scotland and England are both in Britain. Haggis is as British as Fish and Chips. Which bit of this is hard to get?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Always a Monarchist to come forward to piss on right thinking people's Cornflakes.

No future for you...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God Save the Queen

Song by Sex Pistols

God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
A potential H bomb

God save the queen
She's not a human being
and There's no future
And England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future
No future
No future for you

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money
And our figurehead
Is not what she seems

Oh God save history
God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
All crimes are paid

Oh when there's no future
How can there be sin
We're the flowers
In the dustbin
We're the poison
In your human machine
We're the future
Your future

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
We mean it man
There's no future
In England's dreaming God save the queen

No future
No future
No future for you

No future
No future
No future for me

No future
No future
No future for you

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Always a Monarchist to come forward to piss on right thinking people's Cornflakes.

No future for you...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God Save the Queen

Song by Sex Pistols

God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
A potential H bomb

God save the queen
She's not a human being
and There's no future
And England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future
No future
No future for you

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money
And our figurehead
Is not what she seems

Oh God save history
God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
All crimes are paid

Oh when there's no future
How can there be sin
We're the flowers
In the dustbin
We're the poison
In your human machine
We're the future
Your future

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
We mean it man
There's no future
In England's dreaming God save the queen

No future
No future
No future for you

No future
No future
No future for me

No future
No future
No future for you

A monarchist? Me? You have me confused with someone else. #notmyking

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It's all the same...both part of a nation that conquered the world in search of spices only never to use them 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

It's all the same...both part of a nation that conquered the world in search of spices only never to use them 

Then they came up with Alumin(i)um, and then proceed to miss pronounce the word…, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Then they came up with Alumin(i)um, and then proceed to miss pronounce the word…, 😁👍

I had an English woman for junior year European history, Mrs. Beecham. If she had her druthers, she'd drive her JAG-u-ah to Nic-a-RAG-u-ah

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, definitely not a brick lane curry. If you get a proper curry in Britain there is nothing tame about it.

Tons of Indians/Pakistanis where I live. Ergo, tons of Indian/Pak restaurants. Those curries will melt your face 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A monarchist? Me? You have me confused with someone else. #notmyking

I don't know...is this not you below?

Cult of self-proclaimed 'Queen of Canada' threatens Sask. village with public executions

RCMP is increasing police presence in Richmound

An extremist cult leader and her followers have set up camp in a small Saskatchewan village, 83 kilometres northwest of Maple Creek, near the Alberta border. The group has called for public execution of elected officials and other members in and around the community.

Romana Didulo is known as a far-right QAnon conspiracy theorist. She has declared herself the "Queen of Canada," among other titles including the national Indigenous leader.

She has amassed thousands of followers by pushing conspiracy theories and what she calls decrees through social media, particularly Telegram — a messaging app that has grown in popularity with the far right.

Didulo and some of her followers, who call themselves the 'Kingdom of Canada,' have been travelling around the country for some time. On Sept. 13, they were forced out of Kamsack, Sask., by the townspeople.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/cult-of-self-proclaimed-queen-of-canada-threaten-sask-village-with-public-executions-1.6988680

Wow, ManCity fans actually exist? I've never actually seen one in the flesh, so I'm still not sure this could be true.

Side note, what a complete opposites of fandom. Bills fans... who are one of, if not the most, rabid fan base. And Man City fans, where you could hear a pin drop at the Etihad.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Wow, ManCity fans actually exist? I've never actually seen one in the flesh, so I'm still not sure this could be true.

Side note, what a complete opposites of fandom. Bills fans... who are one of, if not the most, rabid fan base. And Man City fans, where you could hear a pin drop at the Etihad.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait/taint.

Turn up your hearing aid for this....

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea East London has big asian communities too. And trust me the curries are not bland or mild. 

1. Scottish cuisine is a subset of British cuisine.  The original post does not make proper use of the King's English. You win this point. 
  2. Pakistan and India cuisine is not British cuisine (great pizza available all over the USA, but it remains Italian cuisine). So it seems @Pine Barrens Mafia wins the point on British cuisine not making use of the spices from the conquered lands. 
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

All bills fans should be LUFC people. Seem to be most like us

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Pakistan and India cuisine is not British cuisine

i've read that there are more Indian restaurants in the UK than in India.  seems unlikely but given the ubiquity of them and their popularity, it seems it is part of the cuisine.  Just like pizza is now American cuisine.

looks like it's partly true

"There are more than 8,000 Indian restaurants in the UK; London alone has more Indian restaurants (3,600) than Delhi and Bombay put together; Indian food employs more people than British shipping; turnover from Indian food is a whopping $3 billion to $4 billion a year."Feb 5, 2022

Rediscovery Of India - Outlook India

Outlook India

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i've read that there are more Indian restaurants in the UK than in India.  seems unlikely but given the ubiquity of them and their popularity, it seems it is part of the cuisine.  Just like pizza is now American cuisine.

Sushi is served all over the country, including in gas stations and grocery stores? Does that mean it is no longer Japanese cuisine?  I suppose we could broadly call everything "world cuisine". 

3 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I found a Steak & Kidney Pie I made a while ago in the freezer.

Adding it to tomorrow's menu.

can't do kippers or eels tho

Just now, Chaos said:

Sushi is served all over the country, including in gas stations and grocery stores? Does that mean it is no longer Japanese cuisine?  I suppose we could broadly call everything "world cuisine". 

when you come to America do you always eat Sushi with family?

Been wanting to try this place for a couple of years.  Maybe this Christmas.  I bet it's full for lunch today but u could probably get a drink and check out the stairs

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/04/27/atmos-studios-timber-staircase-london-restaurant/

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

when you come to America do you always eat Sushi with family?

I live in America, so the question makes no sense.  But I am of Italian heritage. Family get togethers, other than Thanksgiving where we enjoy American food, almost always include Italian food. 

Separately the good people at Wikipedia, lend a small amount of support to the idea that British have stolen claim to Curry from India by calling it "adopted"

image.thumb.png.7937fd594bb1ad9537ecbbf5d193c404.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry#Further_reading

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I don't know...is this not you below?

Cult of self-proclaimed 'Queen of Canada' threatens Sask. village with public executions

RCMP is increasing police presence in Richmound

An extremist cult leader and her followers have set up camp in a small Saskatchewan village, 83 kilometres northwest of Maple Creek, near the Alberta border. The group has called for public execution of elected officials and other members in and around the community.

Romana Didulo is known as a far-right QAnon conspiracy theorist. She has declared herself the "Queen of Canada," among other titles including the national Indigenous leader.

She has amassed thousands of followers by pushing conspiracy theories and what she calls decrees through social media, particularly Telegram — a messaging app that has grown in popularity with the far right.

Didulo and some of her followers, who call themselves the 'Kingdom of Canada,' have been travelling around the country for some time. On Sept. 13, they were forced out of Kamsack, Sask., by the townspeople.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/cult-of-self-proclaimed-queen-of-canada-threaten-sask-village-with-public-executions-1.6988680

Nothing to do with me.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Chaos said:
  1. Scottish cuisine is a subset of British cuisine.  The original post does not make proper use of the King's English. You win this point. 
  2. Pakistan and India cuisine is not British cuisine (great pizza available all over the USA, but it remains Italian cuisine). So it seems @Pine Barrens Mafia wins the point on British cuisine not making use of the spices from the conquered lands. 

I didn't dispute the 2nd point. I disputed that curry here isn't good. 

Although our official national dish is now formally Chicken Tikka Masala. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.