Groot ruled out😑

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Can't overlook opponents in the NFL. 

We need to stop penciling in wins, as it's never that easy. Commanders just got blown out by the Bears (who everyone thought was the worst team in the league), Cowboys lost to the Cardinals, we lost to the Zach Wilson Jets... and never forget losing 9-6 to Urban Meyer Jags. 

Sure, it'd be nice for players dealing with injuries to take a couple games off against "easy" opponents, but there's no doubt in my mind that Daboll is going to want his team sharp against his former team.

There is always a chance for an upset, but I just can't see the Giants beating the Bills with that OL. In their 2 home games so far this year they have been outscored by a 64-3 margin. The Giants are in the running for the worst team in the league. For the entire season they have played only one competitive half of football which was the 2nd half vs the Cards. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hate losing a guy like him for the game, but rather it be early in the season than late/playoffs. AJE has been playing well. I sort of expect more Lawson on early downs and AJE in pass situations. As well as he's been playing he's still a liability in the run game and the Jags can run the ball. 

Wasn’t aware GR was a liability in the run game ?

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This sucks. If I remember this is his 3rd foot injury. Hopefully this is not a chronic issue. He was not the same player when he came back from injury last year. Someone posted a pic showing Oliver falling on the ankle. 

A player landed on his foot/ankle separate from other injuries. Can’t see as chronic. This stuff happens. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because that's the only thing that determines a real injury or not.

LOL.  As we all know, ligaments and tendons can take longer to heal and require longer rehab, than broken bones.

Well, it's not just that.  They may not know 100% if there's a fracture yet.  Our resident ortho surgeon could tell us more here.  But it's my understanding that certain fractures, such as Lisfranc injuries, are suspected when there's something equivalent to a crush injury (such as 300 lbs of Ed Oliver landing on the top of Groot's foot).  I've heard that these are difficult to detect on x-ray initially - like 50/50 - and possibly even hard to pick up by MRI while there's swelling.  So part of the waiting game may be "did he actually break something and we can't see it yet?".  In a couple weeks when the swelling goes down and repair starts, small fractures can be seen more easily as a bright white line of new bone forming. 

(That's probably what happened with Beasley's ribs, btw - the fractures likely couldn't be seen initially especially if covered by a good pad of muscle.  But after they started healing, then they could be seen.  But by then he'd been playing, so it was going to be hard to make him sit down)

23 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

If it isn’t broken or torn then no excuses. 

6 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I mean a QB who needs a UCL to throw actually played. But ya. 

As a troll, you are neither interesting or enticing.  You need to put in more effort to have more effect.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay by this response, Micah Hyde had no excuse not playing through a herniated disc in his neck.

I just want to make sure I understand.

People work with herniated discs all the time. I know several in construction doing it as we speak. I mean I get it, it’s a risky injury, so maybe just retire and not risk it anymore. 

It’s a tough game for tough peaople. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean sure it meant he could have become paralyzed and there was no way the team was going to put him on the field that way but sure he should have played. 🙄

There is a chance anyone of us can become paralyzed driving home from work. It’s always a risk. Look at Damar. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.