We Squished Them Like the Cockroaches They Are - Kudos to the January 6 Investigations/Prosecutions

I am proud to be you Deep State commenter. By that I mean a person who is committed to the Rule of Law, not Men.

The January 6 rioters thought they'd never pay the price. They either bought Trump's bs that he would be declared the victor, or they thought that they were sufficiently anonymous such that it was impossible for the feds to find and prosecute them.

They were wrong on both counts. 1,000 successful prosecutions. An incredibly complex, time-consuming investigation, matching photos to profiles, using tips from responsible citizens, and (yes) reading stupid social media posts in which people bragged about committing crimes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jan-6-arrests-new-accusations-surface-in-latest-prosecutions/

Here's a sadly not unrepresentative case:

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-riot-assault-tennessee-flagpole-police-sentencing-378d427e81bf5691b403579eac3bc0e0

After other rioters attacked police with objects such as crutches and a hockey stick, Padilla launched a flagpole toward officers, hitting one of them in the head, prosecutors said in court records. Prosecutors say he then lied under oath on the witness stand about it, claiming he was trying to hit another rioter.

A day after the riot, Padilla wrote on social media that he was “proud” of his actions, adding: “It’s guns next, that’s the only way,” prosecutors said. Prosecutors also pointed to several of Padilla’s social media comments calling for a revolution ahead of Jan. 6.

“We’ve gotta do it on the 6th or never at all. We have to take over the Capitol Building, immediately pass acts dissolving the current Legislative body, and fill the places with uncompromising Patriots from among those of us there,” Padilla wrote in one post in late December 2020.

Padilla’s lawyer told the judge that his client, a U.S. Army veteran, “regrets ever having gone to the Capitol on January 6th, 2021.” Padilla’s lawyer said the man has lived an “exemplary life” despite a “troubled upbringing,” which included a stint of homelessness, and that his actions on Jan. 6 were “not typical of his life pattern.”

All our future basement would-be insurrectionists (including those here) will think twice before taking up their flagpoles and other arms to try to thwart the peaceful transfer of power. This is a truly amazing and commendable investigative and prosecution effort by the dedicated men, women, and nonbinary professionals in the FBI, other law enforcement agencies, and the Department of Justice lawyers. Thank God we have them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Another thread where the statist pat themselves on the back while parroting the BLUE narrative of J6

At this point, the GOP is so far gone that facts are blue. Feelings are red. 

Sorry if that offends your feelings. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Standing ovation.  The few people I know in law enforcement are strong, capable people.  Thank God cuz there's garbage like Padillo in the streets with nothing better to do....

"It’s guns next, that’s the only way,”   And they wonder why I ask if they support civil war.

You should get another job......there are good ways to enjoy retirement and this ain't it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

29 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

0f9ed74f-7776-4e26-af91-ab0a4456bd30-536

And no, a self-serving rant like this does not deserve a separate thread, nor a serious response.

😎

• Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And no, a self-serving rant like this does not deserve a separate thread, nor a serious response.

😎

That's at least a 2 eyeroll post.  Let's see how many we can tally...

34 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You should get another job......there are good ways to enjoy retirement and this ain't it.

Hit some balls and putts.  rode around in the golf cart and caught a bluegill on a worm.  Now I'm resting my aching back.  BYOB SUP yoga is still on for tonight but I don't think my back is up to it.  So I'm staying retired.  Time for a nap...

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am proud to be you Deep State commenter. By that I mean a person who is committed to the Rule of Law, not Me

I stopped reading after the first sentence because it's a lie.  along with being a belly splitting laughter.

The "Deep State's" only concern is maintaining and growing its power and the rule of law is a minor nuisance that can be twisted at its convenience.    

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I stopped reading after the first sentence because it's a lie.  along with being a belly splitting laughter.

The "Deep State's" only concern is maintaining and growing its power and the rule of law is a minor nuisance that can be twisted at its convenience.    

So do you believe violent revolt is justified?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

51 minutes ago, B-Man said:

😎

You mean I don’t have your permission to start my next topic? 
WESTERN NEW YORK RETIREE “TOO BUSY” CUTTING AND PASTING PIZZAGATE JACK TWEETS TO READ POST CELEBRATING FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT PATRIOTS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am proud to be you Deep State commenter. By that I mean a person who is committed to the Rule of Law, not Men.

The January 6 rioters thought they'd never pay the price. They either bought Trump's bs that he would be declared the victor, or they thought that they were sufficiently anonymous such that it was impossible for the feds to find and prosecute them.

They were wrong on both counts. 1,000 successful prosecutions. An incredibly complex, time-consuming investigation, matching photos to profiles, using tips from responsible citizens, and (yes) reading stupid social media posts in which people bragged about committing crimes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jan-6-arrests-new-accusations-surface-in-latest-prosecutions/

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-riot-assault-tennessee-flagpole-police-sentencing-378d427e81bf5691b403579eac3bc0e0

After other rioters attacked police with objects such as crutches and a hockey stick, Padilla launched a flagpole toward officers, hitting one of them in the head, prosecutors said in court records. Prosecutors say he then lied under oath on the witness stand about it, claiming he was trying to hit another rioter.

A day after the riot, Padilla wrote on social media that he was “proud” of his actions, adding: “It’s guns next, that’s the only way,” prosecutors said. Prosecutors also pointed to several of Padilla’s social media comments calling for a revolution ahead of Jan. 6.

“We’ve gotta do it on the 6th or never at all. We have to take over the Capitol Building, immediately pass acts dissolving the current Legislative body, and fill the places with uncompromising Patriots from among those of us there,” Padilla wrote in one post in late December 2020.

Padilla’s lawyer told the judge that his client, a U.S. Army veteran, “regrets ever having gone to the Capitol on January 6th, 2021.” Padilla’s lawyer said the man has lived an “exemplary life” despite a “troubled upbringing,” which included a stint of homelessness, and that his actions on Jan. 6 were “not typical of his life pattern.”

All our future basement would-be insurrectionists (including those here) will think twice before taking up their flagpoles and other arms to try to thwart the peaceful transfer of power. This is a truly amazing and commendable investigative and prosecution effort by the dedicated men, women, and nonbinary professionals in the FBI, other law enforcement agencies, and the Department of Justice lawyers. Thank God we have them.

The world is filled with dip ***** like those in this reply that take somethings that others say literally and not in the context that it was meant which is a huge part of the blame game that some are trying to play .

If i told you that the world was flat would you believe it & never ride in a cruise ship ever again because of what i told you ? I would hope that you would be smart enough & adult enough to know the difference which those people that decided to do what they did that day are solely responsible for their actions no one else which is why the blame game is so much in every way shape & form BS !! 

I hope all of those involved in the actions that day get what's coming to them including the ones pulling the trigger that shot unarmed people none are above the law or deserve less justice than any other ...

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

WESTERN NEW YORK RETIREE “TOO BUSY” CUTTING AND PASTING PIZZAGATE JACK TWEETS TO READ POST CELEBRATING FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT PATRIOTS

Billsy? Is that you?

If we had representatives in our political ranks as supportive of such intensive, exhaustive and thorough law enforcement initiatives for regular Americans victimized outside the kingdom within the boundaries of DC, our nation would be more fair, more just, and just about unstoppable.   

Come to think of it, if more citizens supported the sort of hyper-vigilant policing we saw post Jan 6...with all that stuff you mentioned above front and center to the investigation...what an incredible place this country would be to live in. 

What we get instead is a constant, steady barrage of criticism against the police, and a story like the one out of NYC yesterday, where a guy tries to kill another guy by cracking his skull with a baseball bat, and walks away with a slap on the keister and not much more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If we had representatives in our political ranks as supportive of such intensive, exhaustive and thorough law enforcement initiatives for regular Americans victimized outside the kingdom within the boundaries of DC, our nation would be more fair, more just, and just about unstoppable.   

Come to think of it, if more citizens supported the sort of hyper-vigilant policing we saw post Jan 6...with all that stuff you mentioned above front and center to the investigation...what an incredible place this country would be to live in. 

What we get instead is a constant, steady barrage of criticism against the police, and a story like the one out of NYC yesterday, where a guy tries to kill another guy by cracking his skull with a baseball bat, and walks away with a slap on the keister and not much more. 

Crimes against citizens, no problem.  Crimes against the government.  Death to you!

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Don't drop the soap 'proud boys'

You seem excited about that.  Yikes. 

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

People should 100% be held accountable for their actions.  The folks that were violent and destroyed property that day were and should be punished.  Did some get more than the should?  Probably.  Did some get less then they should have?  Not many.  But hey, at least Frank got on board and called these people what they actually were.  Rioters.  

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No.

You don't need anyone's 'permission'

I was just pointing out your poor judgement starting this one.

and you have done nothing since but show the board that I was correct.

• Haha (+1) 1