Gabe shines, the O-line dominates, and Cook adds another dimension

Einstein

It was good to see them play a solid game top to bottom. 

This game and the next against the Commanders should be solid wins where the team can tune up for the tough stretch.

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This game plan would’ve beat the Jets

I honestly think they had something like this dialed up for the Jets, but the Jets defense is tougher than the Raider. When things didn't flow right, panic set in, and Allen went off script and couldn't dial it back in.

I want to see them play similiar styled games against superior competition. Stay calm, stay cool, take the 1st downs and move the ball methodically. If the defense cheats up for the that game plan, expose them with the deeper throws.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Cray51 said:

I don’t think the game plan was all that different.  The execution was

Was just gonna say that…looked pretty similar to me but in the jets game josh watched the jets rally to a few underneath throws real quick and lost his patience with it.

those kinds of plays were still being called he just went rogue. 

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

It was good to see them play a solid game top to bottom. 

This game and the next against the Commanders should be solid wins where the team can tune up for the tough stretch.

I honestly think they had something like this dialed up for the Jets, but the Jets defense is tougher than the Raider. When things didn't flow right, panic set in, and Allen went off script and couldn't dial it back in.

I want to see them play similiar styled games against superior competition. Stay calm, stay cool, take the 1st downs and move the ball methodically. If the defense cheats up for the that game plan, expose them with the deeper throws.

The Commanders can generate a good pass rush. Our OL need to be ready to handle it.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Einstein said:

1) This was my favorite Gabe Davis game since 13 seconds. He caught everything thrown his direction and his touchdown was a contested catch where he was popped at least twice by various defenders but STILL hung on to it. He also improvised on the over-the-top throw from Allen. He saw Allen escape the pocket and proceeded up-hill on the scramble drill and was rewarded with a long gain for his effort.

Here is the play I mentioned in the bolded portion above. Thing of beauty. 

17 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Speaking of help by the refs, I never say anything like that call against Benford think it was for PI, then ruled no foul.   Watching it live, I thought it was a penalty, couldn't believe they picked up the flag

Watching it live I thought it was PI, but the replay showed that he didn't really impede the receiver's route, so I can see why they picked it up.

18 hours ago, Chaos said:

if last weeks loss of a game which was tied at the end of regulation was entirely Josh's fault.  Today's win is entirely Josh's win:
83.8% completion, 124.5 passer rating are why the rest of the offense looked good.  (I mostly jest, last weeks was a team loss, this week was a team win)

image.thumb.png.f1bb66da91101e4a254d903ef59365f4.png

I wouldn’t say it was entirely Josh’s win. What Josh needs to understand is that everyone is getting paid big bucks to play this game, and he needs to let them do their jobs. 

For this to work, it has to be balanced, just as it was Sunday. We don’t need Josh to be Superman, we need him to stay in his lane and do his job while letting others do theirs. 

I was very happy to see the turnaround and I hope it continues. But it does make me nervous that the bigger the game, the bigger the likelihood Josh tries doing it all himself. 

Oh, just went back to re-read your post before posting mine and noticed the “mostly jest” comment. Still posting mine, too much work went into it to lose it to the ether. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I wouldn’t say it was entirely Josh’s win. What Josh needs to understand is that everyone is getting paid big bucks to play this game, and he needs to let them do their jobs. 

For this to work, it has to be balanced, just as it was Sunday. We don’t need Josh to be Superman, we need him to stay in his lane and do his job while letting others do theirs. 

I was very happy to see the turnaround and I hope it continues. But it does make me nervous that the bigger the game, the bigger the likelihood Josh tries doing it all himself. 

Oh, just went back to re-read your post before posting mine and noticed the “mostly jest” comment. Still posting mine, too much work went into it to lose it to the ether. 

My bigger point is that the collective effort of the team against the jets including Allen’s 70 percent completion rate and 3 bad turnovers, and 1 inconsequential turnover and game tying drive resulted in a tie at the end of regulation.  Allen neither won or lost the game at that point. It was a tie. This cannot be disputed.  To blame the overtime loss on Josh rather than the team is silly. 

Edited by Chaos

Both spots showing upgrades in efficiency.

LG from 45th to 31st

RG from 33rd to 22nd

Keep in mind also week 1 was against a stout Jet front 7. I expect to see both players move up throughout the year as they get more reps in the system. Good job Brandon Beane. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.