Singular point imo when Josh started regressing

Pete

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

McGovern, Torrence, Edwards this off-season.  Two veteran backs along with Cook this off season.  First round pick to give him receiver help.

I don’t consider Cook anything but a receiving/change of pace bk . Kirby Smart knew how to use him at Georgia as just that not a featured back in this league he’s not just small but he’s lean . Once u get into the winter months he won’t help much. 

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He was elite that day. That is the only elite performance since that Packer game though. So it is a thing.

That December Miami game gives me a lot of hope. Josh was crisp and focused. He threw to the open guy, even when it was Singletary or Cook short. He ran but slid or went out of bounds. Pinpoint deeper balls to Gabe and Knox. He was in control, not wild and would not let us loose.

And all this with Dorsey at OC, after the UCL sprain, after the Packers hit, etc.

Make me think it’s all mental with 17. Not elbow, concussion, or coaching. Keeping calm and doing what it takes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I suspect so.  Defenses will play the two deep safety look now, and Josh will adjust

hopefully. theyd be doing us a huge favor to lock down the deep stuff so well that josh is forced into the short beautiful stuff (Kincaid!) we saw early last year and in 2020!  put together 2 drives like that and watch them get in the groove. really hope they play that kinda ball early today. good team to get in a rhythm and dictate 'were taking the short stuff, good luck defending it'

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

hopefully. theyd be doing us a huge favor to lock down the deep stuff so well that josh is forced into the short beautiful stuff (Kincaid!) we saw early last year and in 2020!  put together 2 drives like that and watch them get in the groove. really hope they play that kinda ball early today. good team to get in a rhythm and dictate 'were taking the short stuff, good luck defending it'

Right.  It’s not like Josh doesn’t know to use the short passing game.  He relied on Beasley a great deal.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Josh can win no doubt with what we have but he’s gonna have to be on a rampage! Asking to get your QB some more offensive line help and a real running back doesn’t mean he’s not elite . I’m tired of seeing Josh have to carry the load that he does having to be superhuman to carry this team every game . If we don’t help him soon he might help himself by asking for a trade. 

That’s not saying much. 😂 btw did u see Cook trying to run east/west in that snow game in the playoffs? He’s not a every down back he’s a receiving back. 

I thought he was underutilized last season , as to how he was used. An after thought. I feel Murray brings a different dimension as a more downhill player. Contrasting styles.

I was Cooks 1st season and i am not sure the play calling used his speed, nor the O line was helping him.

Agreed though , needs to improve in every aspect !  Thanks :)

On 9/16/2023 at 7:01 AM, Pete said:

I believe it was late in the 2nd half against the Packers prime time.  Diggs was on tilt pregame, Pack CB got in his head.  Hard hitting game.

Josh is attempting to score and gets hit hard by Packers defender.  In live time, I thought Josh got hurt.  Josh jumped up and said “I love this *****!”

2nd half against Pack, Josh and the offense sputtered.  Ever since that hit, most everything Bills attempt on offense looks ineffective.  For 2021 and 2022 first 5 games, Josh and the offense have been were on fire.  What happened?

I read Jacksonville was playing 2 Top against us in that baffling 9-6 loss 

We should def look to trade Josh given that career altering hit.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Josh can win no doubt with what we have but he’s gonna have to be on a rampage! Asking to get your QB some more offensive line help and a real running back doesn’t mean he’s not elite . I’m tired of seeing Josh have to carry the load that he does having to be superhuman to carry this team every game . If we don’t help him soon he might help himself by asking for a trade. 

That’s not saying much. 😂 btw did u see Cook trying to run east/west in that snow game in the playoffs? He’s not a every down back he’s a receiving back. 

How ya feeling now ?

the O line was doing their job and enjoying it

I had mentioned in other threads how getting the run game going would please the guys up front. They sure seemed to enjoy today !

All five of them.

Even had a very decent day in passpro.

Cuz the run game imho

Great combo when the play calling allows

Cook, Murray and the other guy too :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/16/2023 at 7:01 AM, Pete said:

I believe it was late in the 2nd half against the Packers prime time.  Diggs was on tilt pregame, Pack CB got in his head.  Hard hitting game.

Josh is attempting to score and gets hit hard by Packers defender.  In live time, I thought Josh got hurt.  Josh jumped up and said “I love this *****!”

2nd half against Pack, Josh and the offense sputtered.  Ever since that hit, most everything Bills attempt on offense looks ineffective.  For 2021 and 2022 first 5 games, Josh and the offense have been were on fire.  What happened?

I read Jacksonville was playing 2 Top against us in that baffling 9-6 loss 

It was the Ulnar injury

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.