United Auto Workers On Strike

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Precision said:

Ford Pauses Construction on $3.5 Billion EV Battery Plant.

Could be related to the strike (and the projected higher labor costs), Ford's unique difficulties in the EV market or the slow penetration/sales of EV's in the US. 

It’s almost as if these feel good stories about the UAW fighting the man have unintended consequences. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s almost as if these feel good stories about the UAW fighting the man have unintended consequences. 

I'm not sure if it's the UAW or if Ford just does not have the ability to produce a competitive EV product.  Either way, Ford is losing money on the sale of every EV it makes.  I would think they would be looking hard at minimizing the cost of the batteries in order to mitigate the losses.  If it was me the battery factory would already be in Mexico!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I understand that the president wants to be seen as an everyday "Joe" and support workers.  If this becomes an extended strike, I'm not sure how the government could come in and be considered an objective and fair arbiter in negotiations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Precision said:

I understand that the president wants to be seen as an everyday "Joe" and support workers.  If this becomes an extended strike, I'm not sure how the government could come in and be considered an objective and fair arbiter in negotiations.

Maybe they can't. So what? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

What's the outcome you would like to see?

25 minutes ago, Precision said:

that could come back to bite him. but right now the simpletons will see the PR of him being for the working man.

He would never take the strikers position behind closed doors, as that would directly hurt his donors.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

In the past the federal government has acted as a mediator when strikes occur and the parties can't come to an agreement.  So maybe the companies and union never come to an agreement, and everyone loses their job.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Precision said:

In the past the federal government has acted as a mediator when strikes occur and the parties can't come to an agreement.  So maybe the companies and union never come to an agreement, and everyone loses their job.

Maybe 

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

stunt

noun 

: an unusual or difficult feat.

especially : one performed or undertaken chiefly to gain attention or publicity

ap23269625133121-8c3c8dddc245e5327e34beb

Then when they don't get the demands.  His team can say "he was standing with the common man".  

Now we just need articles or talking heads to explain it failed due to Trumpers or some other script. 

Did I read the UAW wants 40% raise and 35 hr work week? Lol why don't you just say we can't compete with other countries so shut us down? It's just going to result in massive layoffs if they have to pay workers that much. Hilarious how naive these idiots are

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Did I read the UAW wants 40% raise and 35 hr work week? Lol why don't you just say we can't compete with other countries so shut us down? It's just going to result in massive layoffs if they have to pay workers that much. Hilarious how naive these idiots are

No.

It is 46%

• Haha (+1) 1