United Auto Workers On Strike

Tiberius

25 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Italian red - please send as much help as you’re willing. 2018 please 

Ah, the french paradox.  The French paradox is an apparently paradoxical epidemiological observation that French people have a relatively low incidence of coronary heart disease (CHD), while having a diet relatively rich in saturated fats, in apparent contradiction to the widely held belief that the high consumption of such fats is a risk ...  Great story.  Real life research.  Montepulciano D'Abruzzi.  Had it first in a little Italian place in Detroit.  Another good value...Live it.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

49 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Ah, the french paradox.  The French paradox is an apparently paradoxical epidemiological observation that French people have a relatively low incidence of coronary heart disease (CHD), while having a diet relatively rich in saturated fats, in apparent contradiction to the widely held belief that the high consumption of such fats is a risk ...  Great story.  Real life research.  Montepulciano D'Abruzzi.  Had it first in a little Italian place in Detroit.  Another good value...Live it.

I’m glad you caught the subtle nod.  My understanding is antioxidants and making the platelets less sticky are helpful 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m glad you caught the subtle nod.  My understanding is antioxidants and making the platelets less sticky are helpful 

I think it's real.  At least my wife and I hope so.  They sold us Montelpaciano for $8 a bottle for a fundraiser.  $16 in her store.  Great wine at either price,

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Call it a night. But think about the fact you are pro union for a product you don’t buy. That means something. 

You are one selfish fk. Think about the number of Americans who work for these corporations. 

How many in WNY work at the Ford Buffalo Stamping Plant? Or General Motors Tonawanda Powertrain plant?

Over 29 Years of MAGA: Who gives a FK.

FOH 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

👆 this fool appears after me constantly as an ignore banner. What is so ***** telling is no one , no body quotes this one as having a point. Not the dumbest, not the extremists, no one. This might be the least valuable poster on the board. Add some value ffs. 

You should join billsfans - you would fit in better with all the other non-bills fan - just like Karen Psyop.

FOH

How long ago was it that the first robot replaced an auto line worker?

1960? 1970?

It’s 2023 and ppl in this thread are still talking about jobs being outsourced. The jobs exist, the companies just decided to buy a machine to do it rather than pay an American. To be fair to the companies, it’s cheaper. 

The trick is they convinced you all to blame others. 

It’s automation that replaced the American line workers, not foreigners. 

Wake up! 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

👆 this fool appears after me constantly as an ignore banner. What is so ***** telling is no one , no body quotes this one as having a point. Not the dumbest, not the extremists, no one. This might be the least valuable poster on the board. Add some value ffs. 

When I see the same ignore banner this comes to mind:

“The one unforgivable sin is to be boring.”

— Christopher Hitchens

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

When I see the same ignore banner this comes to mind:

“The one unforgivable sin is to be boring.”

— Christopher Hitchens

Yes, but he's not.  Try Farley , Doc, NC or Bonnie...

Use your imagination here:  We'll win.  Be a winner...Just do it!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, but he's not.  Try Farley , Doc, NC or Bonnie...

Use your imagination here:  We'll win.  Be a winner...Just do it!

Winning is knowing your wealth will continue to increase regardless of the choice of the uneducated masses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

How long ago was it that the first robot replaced an auto line worker?

1960? 1970?

It’s 2023 and ppl in this thread are still talking about jobs being outsourced. The jobs exist, the companies just decided to buy a machine to do it rather than pay an American. To be fair to the companies, it’s cheaper. 

The trick is they convinced you all to blame others. 

It’s automation that replaced the American line workers, not foreigners. 

Wake up! 

There is still a labor component, and robots can operate anywhere. So wages still drive decision making. I’ve been through plenty of outsourcing and don’t automate vs automation vs automate AND outsource analyses. 

37 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

in some cases it’s like 4 people’s job. 

I mean I can see why $30/hr is appropriate- the watching then moving the thing is incredibly rare skill set. Way tougher than a jiffy lube mechanic or barista making minimum wage. 

Yeah, bicycle economies don't result in many M8's...I mean, if u want one, just do it.  But beemers are poser cars, especially M's.  Hell even 3 series are over priced based on the badge.  And the interiors kinda suck.  That u wouldn't pick a porsche or audi at tat price point says a lot...it says, you're full of shite...

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:
1 hour ago, Precision said:

True, but isn’t it annoying how many freeloaders you need to carry along the way? 

yes

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There is still a labor component, and robots can operate anywhere. So wages still drive decision making. I’ve been through plenty of outsourcing and don’t automate vs automation vs automate AND outsource analyses. 

Oz....the great industrialist.🤣

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yeah, bicycle economies don't result in many M8's...I mean, if u want one, just do it.  But beemers are poser cars, especially M's.  Hell even 3 series are over priced based on the badge.  And the interiors kinda suck.  That u wouldn't pick a porsche or audi at tat price point says a lot...it says, you're full of shite...

yes

Oz....the great industrialist.🤣

Audis are spruced up Volkswagens, not so reliable. Don’t drive nearly as well. Not a fan at all. 

Porsches drive extremely well but interiors are with antiquated displays and big blocky clumsy buttons. They finally fixed the bubble but tail of the cayenne and panamera at least.   The 911 drives like a dream but isn’t very comfortable and the family isn’t cramming into that on. 

you have your opinion, i drove a 3 series station wagon for 10 years. That wasn’t posing for anything just liked the way it drove. My old man sport league buds would ask me if I was headed to the supermarket after practice every week. And I liked my 5-series too, I was the only person under 60 I ever saw driving one though. Maybe if you’re insecure you have a problem with that badge, or any in general, I just like the way they drive and how solid they are. 

I agree the m8 isn’t worth it. That’s the whole point. 100k+ cars don’t make any sense to me. I just like to look at it. That was my point. I’m not doing anything like that unless I hit the lotto. 

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yes, because everyone wins in a civil war....f'in fool.

It take two …. If you’re picking sides you’re part of the problem. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Audis are spruced up Volkswagens, not so reliable. Don’t drive nearly as well. Not a fan at all. 

Porsches drive extremely well but interiors are with antiquated displays and big blocky clumsy buttons. They finally fixed the bubble but tail of the cayenne and panamera at least.   The 911 drives like a dream but isn’t very comfortable and the family isn’t cramming into that on. 

you have your opinion, i drove a 3 series station wagon for 10 years. That wasn’t posing for anything just liked the way it drove. My old man sport league buds would ask me if I was headed to the supermarket after practice every week. And I liked my 5-series too, I was the only person under 60 I ever saw driving one though. Maybe if you’re insecure you have a problem with that badge, or any in general, I just like the way they drive and how solid they are. 

I agree the m8 isn’t worth it. That’s the whole point. 100k+ cars don’t make any sense to me. I just like to look at it. That was my point. I’m not doing anything like that unless I hit the lotto. 

my TT was absolutely beautiful.  piece of art.  and reasonably priced.  you're full of it.  Boxster would be my next choice.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

TT is a vw beetle 🤮 

nope.  not even close.  I drove a friend to a conference once in mine.  back country roads.  he bought one the next week.  I got one of the first ones in the region.  heads turned.

Keep in mind that the design is now a quarter century old.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15138311/2000-audi-tt-quattro-long-term-road-test/

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

nope.  not even close.  I drove a friend to a conference once in mine.  back country roads.  he bought one the next week.  I got one of the first ones in the region.  heads turned.

Both based on vw Gulf platform… look it up. 

I don’t even think Audi built it at first, it was some Hungarian subsidiary. 

crappy poser wannbe cool car. ‘Turned heads’? That’s what you buy a car? 

Fugly

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Both based on vw Gulf platform… look it up. 

I don’t even think Audi built it at first, it was some Hungarian subsidiary. 

crappy poser wannbe cool car. ‘Turned heads’? That’s what you buy a car? 

Fugly

it's clear that all your taste is in your mouth.  art is cool.  design is cool.  unique is cool.  maybe our resident "architect" from cali will chime in.  of wait,  he's gone.

• Eyeroll 1

40 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It take two …. If you’re picking sides you’re part of the problem. 

They don't.  Except after buying my Tesla, I bought a bunch of stock and it make me a whole lot of dollars...

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I found the design inspiration… chef kiss 

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 1.26.41 PM.png

telling that your dream car is a ridiculously overpriced knock off of a 20 yo design

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WDBSK75F64F081354?store=ZAJ4BQEGHE&partner=VLA_C&gclid=CjwKCAjwmbqoBhAgEiwACIjzEKTnM5LgzVBxww5_xghT4AyTMJ4oJkwaR1PC17TjsPGiGy_KolYtTRoCausQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

be a leader.  not a follower

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

some webcam footage of the drive through the county.. 
Illustration Loop GIF by Walter Newton

Is that a TT or a beetle? 

Hard to tell, same car. Audi Just different logo on the hood that the fool paid 60% mark up for 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1