It ain't the coaches.

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

It's the QB. Sacred cow around here, I know, but Josh Allen has been in the league long enough to know:

1) you can't be late over the middle

2) you shouldn't throw into triple coverage

3) that sometimes a sack and punting the ball away isn't a bad thing.

And yet he continues to make those mistakes. Tell me, at what point should the finger of responsibility be pointed at the QB who just crapped his pants on national TV? You can lead a horse to water, but if it does not drink, it's on the horse.

Welp, too many times i've seen these Bills coaches outcoached and outcoached bad, that said Josh certainly needs to be way way better. I've said it since 13 seconds that the coaching staff is holding this team back.

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I saw a ***** QB. Real ***** for brains.  Blame the coach all you want. 

ready… 

We used to see a great one. 

the longer he’s been with Dorsey the less we see that. 

think there’s possibly any correlation to how he’s being coached?

• Agree 1

Still no RB

Still no running game.  

An OC that can’t call a running game.  

Gabe Davis still a ghost.  

Still no slot guy - I guess it’s Kincaid.  

Still nothing under center or use of play action either there or with RPO

When everything looks harder after YEARS of it not with a different OC - it’s the f***ing coaching.  It’s the top down.  

And, if it’s Allen - it’s the coaching not getting the most out of him.  

Dorsey isn’t him.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

It's the QB. Sacred cow around here, I know, but Josh Allen has been in the league long enough to know:

And yet he continues to make those mistakes. Tell me, at what point should the finger of responsibility be pointed at the QB who just crapped his pants on national TV? You can lead a horse to water, but if it does not drink, it's on the horse.

Yes he played like a total head case last night, but I do believe that’s also a product of him being overcoached to do things that don’t come naturally to him. He’s shown how talented he is. I don’t have to explain to a bills fan how incredible he has proven he can be. And if the offensive coaches aren’t getting that out of him, they need to try someone else. Maybe it’s not all their fault, but you have to try someone who can work with the superstar talent you have at QB. Whatever Dorsey is doing with him is not clicking.

Big question - what's the solution?

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

i think that's a bit of rose-colored glasses speaking there. There were MANY games under daboll where Josh went off the reservation like he did last night.

It is who he is.

When he did stupid things under Daboll, Daboll would check Josh on it. Rather it was through the headset or down on the field. I remember seeing Daboll giving Josh a tongue lashing many a time

• Agree 1

Yes, yes, yes on everything you said! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Big question - what's the solution?

If I knew that, I'd be running the franchise.

Honestly, thought Josh should have been benched last night.

He was CLEARLY off the rails.

1 minute ago, Shortchaz said:

If josh can’t figure out how to win in games, especially games like that one, where his brute force arm strength isn’t the answer, he’s going to follow the cam newton career arc. 

YES.

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

If I knew that, I'd be running the franchise.

Honestly, thought Josh should have been benched last night.

He was CLEARLY off the rails.

I said after the game if the same thing happens against the Raiders, then Kyle Allen needs to come in for a series of two. See if extreme measures can work. Trouble is, if Kyle has a nightmare, it just re-enforces Josh as the best option, which we know is the case any way.

Something needs to give, and it's up to the coaches to make the right choice. Does he need an arm round the shoulder? A boot up the backside? A good cop/bad cop routine? If they don't get it right then Miami will have no competition in the AFCE.

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d say two were horrible decisions…I’m alright with the bomb on 3rd and 8 that went down as a good punt, the jets were honestly kind of stupid for intercepting that.  The ball to Davis was a fine read he just didn’t make a great throw and Davis ran an absolute garbage route which allowed the safety to jump it from very far away 

was that bomb the first one?  if so, i disagree, because he was able to trot for a 1st and more.  he showed no awareness.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d say two were horrible decisions…I’m alright with the bomb on 3rd and 8 that went down as a good punt, the jets were honestly kind of stupid for intercepting that.  The ball to Davis was a fine read he just didn’t make a great throw and Davis ran an absolute garbage route which allowed the safety to jump it from very far away 

Davis is not a good route runner at all

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, colin said:

was that bomb the first one?  if so, i disagree, because he was able to trot for a 1st and more.  he showed no awareness.

I mean that’s hard to say…the jets entire shtick last night was baiting josh into running lanes that looked available then they collapsed extremely quickly 

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I said after the game if the same thing happens against the Raiders, then Kyle Allen needs to come in for a series of two. See if extreme measures can work. Trouble is, if Kyle has a nightmare, it just re-enforces Josh as the best option, which we know is the case any way.

Something needs to give, and it's up to the coaches to make the right choice. Does he need an arm round the shoulder? A boot up the backside? A good cop/bad cop routine? If they don't get it right then Miami will have no competition in the AFCE.

Are we seriously entertaining Kyle Allen not being terrible? Lol. Criticize josh all you want but there is no way Kyle Allen with no running game is going to have any amount of success 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.