It ain't the coaches.

Pine Barrens Mafia

It's the QB. Sacred cow around here, I know, but Josh Allen has been in the league long enough to know:

1) you can't be late over the middle

2) you shouldn't throw into triple coverage

3) that sometimes a sack and punting the ball away isn't a bad thing.

And yet he continues to make those mistakes. Tell me, at what point should the finger of responsibility be pointed at the QB who just crapped his pants on national TV? You can lead a horse to water, but if it does not drink, it's on the horse.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

It's the QB. Sacred cow around here, I know, but Josh Allen has been in the league long enough to know:

And yet he continues to make those mistakes. Tell me, at what point should the finger of responsibility be pointed at the QB who just crapped his pants on national TV? You can lead a horse to water, but if it does not drink, it's on the horse.

Allen is a tremendous disappointment.  I guess we'll have to crank up the Excuse Generator and establish some kind of down year narrative. I'll start:

It's really hard to tell the Jets players and Bills players apart!

New girlfriend keeps him up late

Elbow still hurt

Feel free to add

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I disagree not one called play from under center! 

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Also depends how u raise the horse how u nurture the horse. Seems to me like the horse lost his trainer and now needs a new one. 

Ever own a horse?

Like people, some horses are just ignorant #######s, and are just gonna do whatever they want 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

I disagree not one called play from under center! 

I disagree that there wasn't plays called from under center. It's one of the ways we telegraph we're running. We ran a few plays from under center. Pretty sure all were runs. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Also depends how u raise the horse how u nurture the horse. Seems to me like the horse lost his trainer and now needs a new one. 

I think after 13 seconds we should have kept Dabol and moved on from McDermott JUST because of Allen.  Hire Jim Schwartz and let him install a blitzing killer Defense and I think we would be better off.

I love Sean, but I can't thank him enough for what he has done, and he 100% was the right guy to right this Titanic franchise version. BUT, if you keep Allen as your QB you gotta have a very strong personality that keeps his butt on target. McDermott and Definitely Dorsey isn't that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

As soon as we didn't get some 3rd downs (and we were close mind you) doing dink and dunk Josh decided he was just gonna play hero ball.  3 of the 4 turnovers were horrible decisions while not under duress, and he walked into pressure or left clean pockets other times.

Dorsey has to figure out how to get the I working best, and he's no where near that yet, but Allen just not throwing those three horrible decision throws means we win walking away

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, colin said:

As soon as we didn't get some 3rd downs (and we were close mind you) doing dink and dunk Josh decided he was just gonna play hero ball.  3 of the 4 turnovers were horrible decisions while not under duress, and he walked into pressure or left clean pockets other times.

Dorsey has to figure out how to get the I working best, and he's no where near that yet, but Allen just not throwing those three horrible decision throws means we win walking away

It was working, the QB abandoned ship when he didn't need to

• Like (+1) 1

BECAUSE it's the QB...it's also the coaches!

Josh needs to play in structure. Enough of this running around like an idiot doing whatever he wants. He needs a strong and experienced OC. 3 steps and throw it here. No big hits. For every hit he is fined $5,000. He's not learning or getting better. That's the problem 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.