I Am Not Optimistic Going Into This Season

longtimebillsfan

23 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

A person who is now ten years old would have probably had enough intellectual awareness to comprehend the revolting mass of sewage that was the Tyrod vs Bortels 10-3 playoff game. 

Haha that game is lucky that after 17 years it was a nice change over the alternate, but dear god that game was hot doo doo

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I am not sure what the team can do in the regular season for me to feel good about the coaching staff in the playoffs

At the end of the day the answer is nothing they can do in the regular season.  They had the 1.5 seed last year and squandered it.  There is only one thing for this team to do at this point.  To be honest more than last year I don’t feel as much pressure to win regular season games.  Sure the one seed would be great but the reality is the season does not start until after week 18 when it comes to the the bills goals.   They could win 10 games get i. As a Wc and if they are peaking they can beat anyone.  

Having said all that I am a big enjoy the ride guy.  People get too caught up in comments from other teams fans and national media types. These guys are special.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

At the end of the day the answer is nothing they can do in the regular season.  They had the 1.5 seed last year and squandered it.  There is only one thing for this team to do at this point.  To be honest more than last year I don’t feel as much pressure to win regular season games.  Sure the one seed would be great but the reality is the season does not start until after week 18 when it comes to the the bills goals.   They could win 10 games get i. As a Wc and if they are peaking they can beat anyone.  

Having said all that I am a big enjoy the ride guy.  People get too caught up in comments from other teams fans and national media types. These guys are special.  

I still disagree with this, they need to finish with the #1 overall seed and get homefield throughout the playoffs. Not the weird circumstances like last year where I think in some ways it's good the season ended in the divisional vs. Bills mafia collective hearts getting ripped out by the Chiefs a 3rd straight year on a neutral AFFCG site.

And regardless of the Bengals debacle and end to last year, McD and JA17 have proven they can win home postseason games even if some cases when they've been down to the wire and lucky to win (i.e. Dolphins last year, Colts in 2020).

But any idea it doesn't matter where they finish and can get hot and win multiple road playoff games is laughable considering McD's track record and fact this group has never won a road playoff game period.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still disagree with this, they need to finish with the #1 overall seed and get homefield throughout the playoffs. Not the weird circumstances like last year where I think in some ways it's good the season ended in the divisional vs. Bills mafia collective hearts getting ripped out by the Chiefs a 3rd straight year on a neutral AFFCG site.

And regardless of the Bengals debacle and end to last year, McD and JA17 have proven they can win home postseason games even if some cases when they've been down to the wire and lucky to win (i.e. Dolphins last year, Colts in 2020).

But any idea it doesn't matter where they finish and can get hot and win multiple road playoff games is laughable considering McD's track record and fact this group has never won a road playoff game period.

And if they get the one seed and lose?   That is my point.  It means nothing until you win the whole damn thing.  

On 8/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, longtimebillsfan said:

Please talk me off the ledge.

I could see this season with the Bills going 2-2 in their first four games.

The Jets will go into their home opener sky high.

We should be able to handle the Raiders and Commanders. 

The Dolphins game could go either way.  At least the game is in OP.

I just think that our team is weaker than last year.

I could realistically see the Bills missing the playoffs this year.

With all the pundants saying the Bills window is closing, I am starting to think that Josh may never get us to the Lombardi trophy.

I think I found Jason Whitlock’s account here 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.