Meanwhile in Foxboro, "In the End There Can Be Only One"

Beck Water

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Kind of surprised no one took a chance on him or even Cunningham. 

I’m not. Small QB with an average arm. He got exposed against the Bears, a team that earned the 1st overall pick. 

18 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

That's insane. Even more so considering what happened to the 49ers last year

I think you’ll see more QB 3s on the roster towards the end of the season. If you get into an oh ***** situation in week 3, you can probably recover. But in week 17 and beyond, most teams in the playoffs will have 3

9 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Or an indication of how bad Bailey Zappe is 

This could be true but from what I saw last season Zappe looked like your typical mid-round rookie QB.  Nothing great but a few flashes that made you think he could be a decent backup

They were talking on WGR this morning about giving Belichek credit for saving these roster spots, and how he gambled and won that no one in the league would claim these guys (or at least not both of them.)

I agree, although it's only a few weeks he can activate these guys.

But - wouldn't it be great if Beane and Joe Schoen teamed up to sign both of the Pats practice squad QBs right before next weekend?  Now that's 4d chess...

Edited by Captain Caveman

13 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

They were talking on WGR this morning about giving Belichek credit for saving these roster spots, and how he gambled and won that no one in the league would claim these guys (or at least not both of them.)

I agree, although it's only a few weeks he can activate these guys.

But - wouldn't it be great if Beane and Joe Schoen teamed up to sign both of the Pats practice squad QBs right before next weekend?  Now that's 4d chess...

No one picking them up should tell you how much "credit" he deserves...

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

I don't mind Mac Jones.

They made the right decision, but Bill doesn't trust him to throw.

They'll win 4 games

Right now if you look at odds for all of their games that's how many they are favored to win.  Although my guess for the season would be 7.  Honestly, I'd prefer it that way, don't need them picking anywhere near #1.

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

I don't mind Mac Jones.

They made the right decision, but Bill doesn't trust him to throw.

They'll win 4 games

Lot of reports out of Foxboro that Jones has looked pretty solid and similar to rookie campaign now that he has a legit NFL OC again.

Still not sure Jones will ever be a star in this league but Patriots can still be a grimy team and rack up a lot of wins this year with average QB play. Defense should be among best Belichik's had even during Brady years.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lot of reports out of Foxboro that Jones has looked pretty solid and similar to rookie campaign now that he has a legit NFL OC again.

Still not sure Jones will ever be a star in this league but Patriots can still be a grimy team and rack up a lot of wins this year with average QB play. Defense should be among best Belichik's had even during Brady years.

As long as the Bills sweep them then I wouldn't mind it if they got wins over the Dolphins and Jets who are bigger threats to the Bills for the division.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.