Beane concerned with Kyle Allen?

MarkKelso'sHelmet

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Is this how you always felt or just based on preseason?

The Bills signed him months ago to backup. The regular season is a different animal for many reasons. The Bills will run an offense to fit Kyle. Right now there’s no game planing. I don’t think anyone we get will be much better unless they are experienced starters.

I would take Keenum over Kyle Allen if possible. I’m not stressing over it though.

It’s how I feel right now.   By all accounts, he’s been bad on most days in training camp.  He’s been bad in games unless he’s playing against third stringers.  He was bad last season. What have you done for me lately….. not in 2019.  He doesn’t look the same.  I hope he’s on the PS

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not even close. PJ Walker can barely throw for 100 yards. What is going on?

I don't think PJ Walker is a great passer but his legs might give us a route to move the chains. I am worried we won't be able to move the chains at all with Kyle Allen. 

I should say it isn't Kyle Allen's throws that I worry about so much. They are of typical backup Quarterback standard. It is a guy behind our line with no pocket presence, no pocket awareness, and very little escapability. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't think PJ Walker is a great passer but his legs might give us a route to move the chains. I am worried we won't be able to move the chains at all with Kyle Allen. 

As someone who rostered DJ Moore in fantasy multiple seasons, PJ Walker is absolute trash. He’s had 1 decent passing game and that included a 60 yard Hail Mary.

Hes not even a better runner than Kyle Allen. I don’t even understand how this is the option you came up with?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

And that's exactly what I said! I agree with you. Kyle Allen gets you to 0-3 over a three-game stretch, pretty much, unless the Bills get lucky with ST plays and defensive TDs.

Come on. 0-3? You really think the Bills roster is that weak? Guys like Von Miller, Milano, Diggs, Tre White are all legit blue chip players that can win games on their own and Buffalo has a very deep roster especially on the defensive side . The running game is better than people give credit for and Torrence will inject a little nastiness into the o-line along with the Damien Harris acquisition who could very well overtake Cook. Kyle Allen obviously isn’t beating the Jets or Chiefs, but he is fully capable of stealing a couple Ws against mediocre teams. I like this team and I’m a lot more optimistic than most posters, but people on this board act like Josh Allen is the entire Buffalo Bills. 

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Kyle Allen backing up Josh Allen has been talked about for years on this board.

If Kyle Allen starts the Bills become a ball control run based offense. He’s not going to be throwing all over.

Right….. which is why we should have a backup that can make plays with his legs.  It gives us more ways to win.  It opens up another aspect of offense that the d will have to focus on.  

Most backup qbs aren’t going to be winning games with their arms unless they’re being paid more than what we are willing to pay.  The minimum salary guys are generally not good enough to win with their arms.  So if your backup QB isn’t going to be winning with their arm, why not have a guy that can win with their legs?

If your backup QB sucks, I’d rather have a guy with mobility. 

I’d really like Sam ehlinger as a cheap backup.  I think he could start and accumulate a win or 2 as a starter.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

As someone who rostered DJ Moore in fantasy multiple seasons, PJ Walker is absolute trash. He’s had 1 decent passing game and that included a 60 yard Hail Mary.

Hes not even a better runner than Kyle Allen. I don’t even understand how this is the option you came up with?

I disagree. He is a better runner than Kyle. And that might be how a backup QB has to win for us. 

Kyle is trash. There is nothing between him and Barkley. They are both bad. Barkley knows how to play the position but has zero arm. Kyle can actually throw a nice ball but has zero awareness of how to play the position. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Come on. 0-3? You really think the Bills roster is that weak? Guys like Von Miller, Milano, Diggs, Tre White are all legit blue chip players that can win games on their own and Buffalo has a very deep roster especially on the defensive side . The running game is better than people give credit for and Torrence will inject a little nastiness into the o-line along with the Damien Harris acquisition who could very well overtake Cook. Kyle Allen obviously isn’t beating the Jets or Chiefs, but he is fully capable of stealing a couple Ws against mediocre teams. I like this team and I’m a lot more optimistic than most posters, but people on this board act like Josh Allen is the entire Buffalo Bills. 

Yes, 0-3 because he really sucks. The QB is the most important position on the team by far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think he’d go 0-3 if he were playing any of the top 23 or so teams

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Josh Allen is like 85% of the offense. If he goes down, doesn’t matter who the backup QB is. 

It depends on the situation.

If Allen goes down for an extended period of time or in a playoff game, we are screwed no matter what.

If Allen goes down against an elite team like Kansas City or Philadelphia, the quality of backup QB probably isn't going to matter.

However, if Allen goes down for 1-2 games in the regular season, against a beatable opponent...

Well that could mean the difference between homefield advantage, winning the AFC East, making the postseason, etc.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Kyle Allen can hold things down vs non explosive teams. KC Cinn would be difficult. If  given 4 games I expect the Bills could go 2-2 and keep alive. Not too many backups would do much better. If long term then the Bills are out of it. Purdy is more the SF system and a great find. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. He is a better runner than Kyle. And that might be how a backup QB has to win for us. 

Kyle is trash. There is nothing between him and Barkley. They are both bad. Barkley knows how to play the position but has zero arm. Kyle can actually throw a nice ball but has zero awareness of how to play the position. 

Trash, a well positioned evaluation of two veteran NFL qb’s. While I agree the Bills are out of luck if Josh is out long term, I think they could go .500 unless against elite offensive teams. Maybe 5-6 teams have significantly better back ups but that’s about it. 

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I'm sure Fitz would sign with the Bills if they asked

Last season Fitz said he didn't want to be backup in Buffalo because everywhere he went to be a backup, there was some circumstance that led to him to start for most of the season.  He said he wants to see Josh Allen play so its better if he stays away.

Edited by Nuncha
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Kyle Allen can hold things down vs non explosive teams. KC Cinn would be difficult. If  given 4 games I expect the Bills could go 2-2 and keep alive. Not too many backups would do much better. If long term then the Bills are out of it. Purdy is more the SF system and a great find. 

Trash, a well positioned evaluation of two veteran NFL qb’s. While I agree the Bills are out of luck if Josh is out long term, I think they could go .500 unless against elite offensive teams. Maybe 5-6 teams have significantly better back ups but that’s about it. 

I've given the reasoned evaluation multiple other places. He has zero pocket awareness, skittish feet and has already demonstrated an ability to blow the timing of a play and walk into pressure. When he sets and throws he isn't terrible. But those plays are less than a third of what he has put on tape pre-season.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

PJ Walker! 😂

He has 18 carries for 50 yards. Kyle Allen averages more yards per carry. 

If the Bills bring in Walker don’t hide if he starts. He’s absolutely garbage.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

PJ Walker! 😂

I won't. Don't you hide if Kyle is utter trash either. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

PJ Walker! 😂

He’s also 4-3 as a starter while playing for a bad team.  

Kyle Allen is 2-12 in his last 14 starts.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.