Republican debate GDT

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't watch much Fox News, so the revelation for me tonight: this is an increasingly weird ass sheltered corner of America. I don't know this from watching the stupid debate. I know this by watching the bizarro commercials.

you got something aside from 50 bajillion pharma ads pushing the latest thing that clears up dandruff but with intermittent uncontrolled diarrhea and random drooling 

or Maybe that’s your point 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you got something aside from 50 bajillion pharma ads pushing the latest thing that clears up dandruff but with intermittent uncontrolled diarrhea and random drooling 

or Maybe that’s your point 

Long spot for a charity that seems to have something to do with veterans, headed by a guy with an incomprehensible accent.

Ad for some kind of prayer app.

Lengthy ad ostensibly touting South Dakota, really a product placement for Governor Randy Milf for VP.

And so on.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Long spot for a charity that seems to have something to do with veterans, headed by a guy with an incomprehensible accent.

Ad for some kind of prayer app.

Lengthy ad ostensibly touting South Dakota, really a product placement for Governor Randy Milf for VP.

And so on.

I hope that wasn’t streamed.. your pop up ads will be ammunition and Bed-liner ads for months. 

quick add some scented candles to your amazon cart and search up Audi TTs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't watch much Fox News, so the revelation for me tonight: this is an increasingly weird ass sheltered corner of America. I don't know this from watching the stupid debate. I know this by watching the bizarro commercials.

Now I see the explanation:

https://www.semafor.com/article/09/27/2023/fox-slashes-ad-prices-for-second-debate-as-primary-turns-into-snoozer

There was plenty of incentive for advertisers to buy ads for the first contest, which helped drive record prices for airtime. (During the 2020 presidential debate, ABC charged a reported $375,000 for a 30-second spot during the general election debates.) It was the first time for audiences to see many of the candidates. And until just days before the debate, former President Donald Trump was still publicly toying with the idea of showing up.

As non-Trump Republicans candidates fail to gain traction in the polls, there’s less incentive for advertisers to pay the same record rates as the first contest.

“Sans Trump… these debates just aren’t big-time TV, because the GOP primary race has become a snoozer,” one ad buyer told Semafor.

So there you go. Weird narrow-cast ads, mostly aimed at the geriatric crowd.

• Like (+1) 1

The last SIXTEEN YEARS:

Obama - a moron with zero experience and zero accomplishments of any significance - but he spoke well and made whites comfortable.  Despite being the most divisive president in modern history.  Deliberately so.  

Trump - uses the Republican Party to gain the nomination and an army of social media influencers to sweep thru the primary and (rightly) convince the GOP the old guard had to go.  The problem - completely incompetent at managing and overseeing the bureaucracy he promised to drain.  It’s only worse.  And he’s doing nothing but be his own worst enemy.  He’s going to run under indictment.  What a country.  

Biden - a corpse that’s playing Weekend At Bernie’s for Team Obama.  The most embarrassing president this country has ever had that “won” because the former land of the free and home of the brave - that’s Florida now - allowed a fake flu virus scared them into destroying itself; and Silicon Valley took care of the rest permanently aligning big corporations with the State.  

Meanwhile, in Florida.  A governor running for POTUS has an actual record of achievement.  Fights all the correct culture fights, understands the new left and it’s threat to America (he can define a woman), and in addition served in the military.  

***t hole country deserves the clown shows it continues to vote for.  I can no longer take part in the blatantly obvious distractions and low info discussions about ***t no one cares about as you continue to leave this country worse off to the kids we’re only going to have significantly less of because we can’t afford anything and, you aren’t allowed to say anything sane.  Like there are 2 genders and grooming trans kids being pushed by Ds is evil.  

Good luck y’all.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The last SIXTEEN YEARS:

Obama - a moron with zero experience and zero accomplishments of any significance - but he spoke well and made whites comfortable.  Despite being the most divisive president in modern history.  Deliberately so.  

Trump - uses the Republican Party to gain the nomination and an army of social media influencers to sweep thru the primary and (rightly) convince the GOP the old guard had to go.  The problem - completely incompetent at managing and overseeing the bureaucracy he promised to drain.  It’s only worse.  And he’s doing nothing but be his own worst enemy.  He’s going to run under indictment.  What a country.  

Biden - a corpse that’s playing Weekend At Bernie’s for Team Obama.  The most embarrassing president this country has ever had that “won” because the former land of the free and home of the brave - that’s Florida now - allowed a fake flu virus scared them into destroying itself; and Silicon Valley took care of the rest permanently aligning big corporations with the State.  

Meanwhile, in Florida.  A governor running for POTUS has an actual record of achievement.  Fights all the correct culture fights, understands the new left and it’s threat to America (he can define a woman), and in addition served in the military.  

***t hole country deserves the clown shows it continues to vote for.  I can no longer take part in the blatantly obvious distractions and low info discussions about ***t no one cares about as you continue to leave this country worse off to the kids we’re only going to have significantly less of because we can’t afford anything and, you aren’t allowed to say anything sane.  Like there are 2 genders and grooming trans kids being pushed by Ds is evil.  

Good luck y’all.  

Say it ain't so, Blitzie!

See you on the other side. 

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I just laugh at how hypocritical the commercials are…the candidates say one thing, and the commercials promote the opposite…🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Bergam with the quote of the night. 

the healthcare industry is the only Industry in history of the world that absorbed a trillion dollars in IT investment and got less efficient….

That’s Obama care in a nutshell 

What he said is true, no doubt.  EHR rollouts were a mess, in part because the hospital and insurance companies used it as an excuse to profit off population health data.  They don't need the granular detail to make health care decisions.  They need out for financial planning.  Lots of info one can gather actually looking and talking to patients.  But in light of the current labor market, neither party is going to change much.  Obama said it out loud when progressives wanted single payer:  too many people sucking on the teat would lose their jobs overnight.  not a political winner...

Haley brought up fealty to big medicine.  But would she vow to take them on and keep her promise.   Nah, don't think so...That would involve massive gov't intervention.

The good part is that they showed us how complicated these issues are and that we need visionaries to solve the problems not populists.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I just laugh at how hypocritical the commercials are…the candidates say one thing, and the commercials promote the opposite…🤣

tik tok...see above re conflict of interests

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The last SIXTEEN YEARS:

Good luck y’all.  

literally, lmao rn