Man in Utah shot and killed today for threatening the president

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is really ***** simple
He made multiple continued threats against the president of United States, and was very specific about it

Whenever they showed up to read his house, he was armed and started shooting at them

He ***** around and found out

We get it dude, you support the FBI death squad. 

Kinda scary, I'm against death squads personally 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He made multiple continued threats against the president of United States, and was very specific about it

Whenever they showed up to read his house, he was armed and started shooting at them

It is even 'simpler' John.

He did NOT shoot at the police, you are incorrect.

He could have been easily arrested without a 6am raid by armed deputies.

He made vey poor statements threatening the president.

But he did not deserve to die for them.

Your simple take is simply ignorant.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I’m hearing conflicting stories on this and how it transpired but I’m willing to remain open minded on what actually happened

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m hearing conflicting stories on this and how it transpired but I’m willing to remain open minded on what actually happened

Can you provide any information at all that confirms your claim he was shooting? If you can’t, why is that?

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If he was black and a democrat everything else being the same, cities wold be burning and politicians apologizing and empathizing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting how MAGA fans are now all concerned about excessive force used by law enforcement. Breonna Taylor agrees with you. Sounds like an opportunity for bipartisan legislation to address this issue, which means nothing will likely happen. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If he was black and a democrat everything else being the same, cities wold be burning and politicians apologizing and empathizing.

Would they

This guy had a weapon pointed at law enforcement

Doesn’t matter what side of the aisle you’re on or what the color of your skin is

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Would they

Doesn’t matter what side of the aisle you’re on or what the color of your skin is

In the space of an evening you’ve gone from he was shooting to he had a weapon pointed at them. Where are you getting your information? YouTube again? Seems like you might be making things up.

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

In the space of an evening you’ve gone from he was shooting to he had a weapon pointed at them. Where are you getting your information? YouTube again? Seems like you might be making things up.

The FBI reported that he aimed the gun at them   

There are no videos or independent sources, so . . . . . . . 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TSOL said:

We get it dude, you support the FBI death squad. 

Kinda scary, I'm against death squads personally 

Holy crap, how far down that quabit hole are ya'll gunna go? He made death threats against the president. Going back many, many years, how has this ever been a good idea? He did the thing you're not allowed to do. It's ***** simple. He taunted the world. ***** around and found out. Personal responsibility. Am I doing the right thing right???

This is crazy town when you disgruntled lunatics are defending this ***** 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Would they

Yea, they would. Because there is a double standard. It’s a fact MSM would be in an uproar about this if the threats were against orange man and the guy was black. 

We’d be hearing about police brutality and racism. Fact!  

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

B, he threatened an assassination, and according to reports, pointed his weapon at law enforcement officers.  I’m all for a review of the fact pattern, release of tapes, etc.  That should tell us a lot.  I’m all for a review of alternative options to take him into custody.  It does seem odd that law enforcement would visit him the day before the raid without warrants, given that they thought he posed a grave threat to pretty much anyone. 

It’s possible we have another example of a militarized law enforcement and using a tank to solve a problem when a 2005 Impala would have worked , and it’s certainly fair to discuss other options to take him in without an early morning raid.  However, it seems clear this guy was gravely mentally ill, heavily armed and was moving rapidly toward an unfortunate end.  

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yea, they would. Because there is a double standard. It’s a fact MSM would be in an uproar about this if the threats were against orange man and the guy was black. 

We’d be hearing about police brutality and racism. Fact!  

Jesus, what a crybaby
The police are shooting black men on the street. They don’t even have a gun in their hand happens every day.

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There it is… so easily programmed. 😂 

Programmed?  you see it on video every day

And I’m not even totally blaming the cops here they have the right to go home to their families. Two mistakes happen.

But there is no mistake whenever you have someone pointing the barrel of a gun at you

If I’m law-enforcement, and somebody is pointing a gun at me I’m going home to my family that night

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Programmed?  you see it on video every day

And I’m not even totally blaming the cops here they have the right to go home to their families. Two mistakes happen.

But there is no mistake whenever you have someone pointing the barrel of a gun at you

If I’m law-enforcement, and somebody is pointing a gun at me I’m going home to my family that night

Sure… I’m just adding that it’s a good thing the guy was a trumpy white male, otherwise media uproar and riot. 

UPDATED: What the FBI Isn't Saying About Its Shooting of a Utah Trump Supporter Should Concern Everyone

FTA: 

According to the FBI, 74-year-old Craig Deleeuw Robertson of Provo, UT, had made a laundry list of threats against President Joe Biden and other elected officials. That part of the story appears to be true, as the man’s Facebook did contain numerous direct threats of violence, some of which got very specific.

But while there’s no question that making violent threats against government officials is illegal and will rightly welcome the attention of the FBI, that doesn’t preclude the serious concerns being shared about how the raid to arrest Robertson ended. Because of a lack of transparency being shown by federal law enforcement, there is still no clear answer on why the man was shot dead.

Was Robertson an actual deadly threat at the time an FBI agent killed him? We don’t know that because the FBI isn’t saying. Even three days after the pre-dawn raid turned fatal for the suspect, there has been no direct claim that Roberston pointed a gun at anyone. It’s possible he was refusing to comply as agents shouted at him (which can be heard in the above video), but refusal to comply is not justification for law enforcement to shoot someone.

Reports after the incident used anonymous sources to claim that Robertson was “armed” at the time of the raid.

To reiterate, being “armed” is not a justification to shoot a suspect, even one that is refusing to comply with orders. I’m sitting in my home right now, and I’m armed. Millions of Americans are likewise armed while sleeping at night. Robertson, despite the threats he made, had a legal right to possess firearms at the time of the raid.

That leads to another big issue. Why is the FBI conducting a pre-dawn raid on an elderly man over online threats?

Anytime the FBI barge in on someone who is sleeping, there is a chance that person mistakes law enforcement for unlawful home intruders and things go sideways.

Robertson was old and barely able to walk. Why didn’t the FBI just pick him up and arrest him on his way to the store?

Why didn’t they just knock and ask him to exit the house peacefully?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/12/auto-draft-139-n791767

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1