Any interest in a revised Bills Tickets and Gear forum?

DieHardFan

Bottom Line: The Bills Tickets and Gear has always been the red headed stepchild but with a few tweeks could be a useful tool especially with the current ticket prices and impending PSLs. Is there any interest?

Long winded version:   'Inspired' by the recent Stubhub (SH) post

I contend that the Bills Tickets and Gear forum could use some 'attention'. There are 10 pages of posts, 9 ½ that are obsolete. Per JustJack he is the moderator but is not given (doesn't want?) the power to delete or archive posts that have expired.

As I see it the forum was always an afterthought from the days when it was considered gauche to sell at a profit and tickets prices were reasonable. And before the days of mobile tickets scamming was common.

I couldn't afford to keep my STs without selling some. My preference is to sell 3 per game and use 1 but there is not a lot of demand for odd numbers. I usually sell the set (most on Ticketmaster (TM) and buy a single. Have tried to use the current forum with variable success.

I am an unabashed capitalist and have no problem maximizing the price I get per ticket, however I do prefer to sell to a Bills Fan(s). Ticketmaster grabs up to 25% of the sales price, dinging both the buyer and seller. From the SH post I see that many use SH to sell their excess. [Don't really understand why them since they charge the lister 15% vs the 10% TM charges a STH,]. I use Paypal and the Account transfer methodology to sell direct which protects the buyer and seller.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Gear portion be a separate section, outdated ticket listed deleted and some kind of format for listing tickets. If you list tickets on a reseller site list the location and the site. A prospective buyer can see the current listing price (TM used to show the list price w/o fees but with the new (almost) full price policy this went away but you can figure there is around a 25% mark-up) and PM the seller to negotiate. Reseller fees are avoided, plus you have a greater probability of the seat being taken by a Bills Fan.

As the PSL gotchas become known a sub-section would also be a good way match prospective joint owners who are likely to be Bills Fans. Seems like something along these lines was attempted a couple of years ago then fizzled out.

Not sure if this will be met with deafening silence (other than a few chuclkeheads), irate dinosaurs who believe tickets should be transferred at cost or below, or hopefully some interest and a more refined ways of doing this.

Oh, and my STs are Sec 135, R 5, Seats 7 – 10.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, DieHardFan said:

Bottom Line: The Bills Tickets and Gear has always been the red headed stepchild but with a few tweeks could be a useful tool especially with the current ticket prices and impending PSLs. Is there any interest?

Long winded version:   'Inspired' by the recent Stubhub (SH) post

I contend that the Bills Tickets and Gear forum could use some 'attention'. There are 10 pages of posts, 9 ½ that are obsolete. Per JustJack he is the moderator but is not given (doesn't want?) the power to delete or archive posts that have expired.

As I see it the forum was always an afterthought from the days when it was considered gauche to sell at a profit and tickets prices were reasonable. And before the days of mobile tickets scamming was common.

I couldn't afford to keep my STs without selling some. My preference is to sell 3 per game and use 1 but there is not a lot of demand for odd numbers. I usually sell the set (most on Ticketmaster (TM) and buy a single. Have tried to use the current forum with variable success.

I am an unabashed capitalist and have no problem maximizing the price I get per ticket, however I do prefer to sell to a Bills Fan(s). Ticketmaster grabs up to 25% of the sales price, dinging both the buyer and seller. From the SH post I see that many use SH to sell their excess. [Don't really understand why them since they charge the lister 15% vs the 10% TM charges a STH,]. I use Paypal and the Account transfer methodology to sell direct which protects the buyer and seller.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Gear portion be a separate section, outdated ticket listed deleted and some kind of format for listing tickets. If you list tickets on a reseller site list the location and the site. A prospective buyer can see the current listing price (TM used to show the list price w/o fees but with the new (almost) full price policy this went away but you can figure there is around a 25% mark-up) and PM the seller to negotiate. Reseller fees are avoided, plus you have a greater probability of the seat being taken by a Bills Fan.

As the PSL gotchas become known a sub-section would also be a good way match prospective joint owners who are likely to be Bills Fans. Seems like something along these lines was attempted a couple of years ago then fizzled out.

Not sure if this will be met with deafening silence (other than a few chuclkeheads), irate dinosaurs who believe tickets should be transferred at cost or below, or hopefully some interest and a more refined ways of doing this.

Oh, and my STs are Sec 135, R 5, Seats 7 – 10.

And option to buy tickets outside of the usual StubHub, seatgeek, etc. scams is a great idea imo. All for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I've offered there with mixed results (typically don't get what I would through Ticketmaster resale.)

I'm all for it being used more, I don't think it needs any major (or any?) changes, but it'd be good for people to know it's there.  With the caveat that it could potentially be a place for chuckleheads / scammers, and no one should be buying tickets from a non-active poster - and even then buyer beware - how many of us big brains are using JAllen17 as our password for this and every other web site.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Biggest frustration with it is like you said have to go through 40 posts that are expired to find what you want and are looking for.

Well here is one 

Need 5 tickets to bills jags for London england 

2 for Shaw66 

2 for Virgil

And 2 for scuba guy 👦  

See I can't even count

The other half wants to see all the history and landscape for the week we are there.

On 8/4/2023 at 11:54 AM, DieHardFan said:

I used to be the mod there, not at this time though, but would be willing to take it on again if the powers that be are accepting of it. 

Edited by Just Jack

On 8/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, Captain Caveman said:

I've offered there with mixed results (typically don't get what I would through Ticketmaster resale.)

I'm all for it being used more, I don't think it needs any major (or any?) changes, but it'd be good for people to know it's there.  With the caveat that it could potentially be a place for chuckleheads / scammers, and no one should be buying tickets from a non-active poster - and even then buyer beware - how many of us big brains are using JAllen17 as our password for this and every other web site.

How dare you publish our mandatory TBD password to the world at large like this??? I’m going to have to change mine to 17JoshA now—thanks! 🙈

😊

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I used to be the mod there, not at this time though, but would be willing to take it on again if the powers that be are accepting of it. 

I sure hope that happens.

Been getting pms filling me in a bit on the history of the forum.

Too bad the 'mods are gods, users are losers' attitude is so prevalant on TBD.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.